Chopes

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

DV8
regular

Re: Chopes

Post by DV8 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Whats the vision old Louie Egan is having with possible 6ft at the end of the waiting period ???

I'm not seeing it , but maybe the more experienced predictors can .

Anyone ?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:00 pm

yeah, I reckon they should have a go tomorrow if theres something consistent enough, not looking too good for anything real serious, but what is a concern is old Louies man boobs and guts, looks like he has been in a good paddock of late....and he is no longer with his old missus, she is a stunner I reckon.....

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm really hoping that they have a crack on Saturday. I have the perfect opportunity to kick back at 3am with my bodyweight in coffee with the live-feed on the net.

What's your prediction for Saturday?

Also, do anyone see the lone guy surfing shoulder/head-high waves to himself about 7:50am their time? He must've been pinching himself to score it alone with that many pros lurking about, regardless of the conditions.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:24 pm

that was Shearer, he was still pissed from the night before .... :roll:

DV8
regular

Post by DV8 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:30 pm

pridmore wrote:yeah, I reckon they should have a go tomorrow if theres something consistent enough, not looking too good for anything real serious, but what is a concern is old Louies man boobs and guts, looks like he has been in a good paddock of late....and he is no longer with his old missus, she is a stunner I reckon.....
Sat morning our time looks like a runner , maybe even later in the day Tomoz .

Then again around 1st or 2nd but 6ft Louie :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hope I am wrong and its worhwhile viewing .

Gossip Prids :shock: :shock: Louie and the stunner no longer................she'd be too busy chasing Farmers :lol:

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:50 pm

There's some recent discussion on the forecast on Swellnet....here.

http://www.swellnet.com.au/news/779-fis ... labong-pro

I still reckon they'll get underway Sunday (possibly afternoon - Tahiti time) with the latest 18z GFS model still indicating something in the 4-5ft+ range me thinks. And this should slowly wane into Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday so me thinks they'll run the event in it's entirety from Sunday onwards.

There's a chance of some longer period stuff from the due south on Friday (next week) and beyond but GFS has been backflipping on this with each model run.

DV8
regular

Post by DV8 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:41 pm

Donweather wrote:There's some recent discussion on the forecast on Swellnet....here.

http://www.swellnet.com.au/news/779-fis ... labong-pro

I still reckon they'll get underway Sunday (possibly afternoon - Tahiti time) with the latest 18z GFS model still indicating something in the 4-5ft+ range me thinks. And this should slowly wane into Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday so me thinks they'll run the event in it's entirety from Sunday onwards.

There's a chance of some longer period stuff from the due south on Friday (next week) and beyond but GFS has been backflipping on this with each model run.
Looking now think you maybe right on Don .