Annual ANZAC swell again?

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: Annual ANZAC swell again?

Post by oldman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:57 am

Hold on there Coops, it's back on again for Monday and Tuesday, probably Wednesday .............................

Wait there, no it isn't,

Yes it is,

No it isn't.

Some interesting permutations in the barometric prognostications.

That's easy for you to say.

Are you talking to me?

Are you talking to me? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:47 am

oldman wrote:Hold on there Coops, it's back on again for Monday and Tuesday, probably Wednesday .............................

Wait there, no it isn't,

Yes it is,

No it isn't.

Some interesting permutations in the barometric prognostications.

That's easy for you to say.

Are you talking to me?

Are you talking to me? :? :? :? :? :? :?
What did you have for morning tea olds??????????????? :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:49 am

TrevG wrote:What did you have for morning tea olds??????????????? :wink:
I had what the weather charts software program had!

More schizophrenic than me at the moment.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Well, what was the track of the last south system at Easter? Because i know for a fact that the south coast got larger waves than sydney and before sydney as well.

And i dont remember seeing a proper SE swell in quite a while. Maybe a mix of swells with some east in it. But def not a good old fashioned SE swell. They hit everywhere.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Plenty of swell but conditions may be crapola at this stage.

Doesn't matter for me either way though, got a mates bucks day/night on Saturday so will be in no state to surf on Sunday

Additionally Mrs Hatchman upon hearing of the drunken escapades yours truly is likely to get up to, will ensure that I will remain locked inside Casa Del Hatch till such time as she fits for me to endure whatever torments I'm sure she is already planning.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm

From looking real good for next week in this morning's run, next week now looks like crap, hardly any swell generating system within cooee for east coast.

But, they're all over the place and god willing, could change again. Unfortunately that was the 00.00 run, which Ben has told me is more reliable.

You're right about SE swell Coops. If it is genuine south east it will hit south coast bigger and earlier.

Interestingly, the south east swell that was quite sizable last Friday morning on Central Coast apparently missed much of Sydney according to Craig's reports.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:36 pm

I hate to say it fellas, but I ain't seeing diddly for you guys down there.....apart from some small, but reasonable period from the south late on Monday. Winds look damn good but!!!

If ya pray to Huey over the next few days, he might just permit some of the SW groundswell to refract into the coastline late on Friday and into Saturday, but it's a long shot at the moment with most models showing it tracking parallel to the coastline (ie missing it).

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:04 am

I've been looking at the following weekend, from the Thursday, and I have gone from 'no chance' to 'woo hoo' to 'no chance' to 'woo hoo' and back again.

Now that we are actually getting into the zone where the 7 day forecast is actually in range, it looks great this morning, and there's a good chance it will be crap again by the arvo run.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:50 pm

if that GFS chart came true I would happily give donw a wave in any lineup we happen to find ourselves together in.

'Cause if that chart came true we would all be surfing our little fcuken dates off.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:if that GFS chart came true I would happily give donw a wave in any lineup we happen to find ourselves together in.
Thanks Nick (I think?), but please explain yourself further. Which GFS chart and what system are we talking about?

00z run and Wednesday next week with the bomb low off Tassie's east coast?
GFS.png

The Oracle
regular

Post by The Oracle » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:11 am

Coops@DY wrote:Where is our Laney's home break anyway? I saw her out the point once. She wasnt getting a look in. haha.
Saw her out at Freshie a couple of weeks ago, she seemed to know a few of the locals including one retard with dreadies that was surfing in a hat (for fashion, not sun protection), kinda looked like the dude that used to be on that kids show The Shack. Not a bad surfer but fcuk me he looked like an idiot in that hat, and the whole beach knew it except him. Dunno how it stayed on, I can only assume his head swelled up so big with his own self-perception that the hat was stuck tight.

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Donweather wrote:If ya pray to Huey over the next few days, he might just permit some of the SW groundswell to refract into the coastline late on Friday and into Saturday, but it's a long shot at the moment with most models showing it tracking parallel to the coastline (ie missing it).
Don, don't know how you could ever contemplate that swell (if you're talking about the one that hit SA late yesterday arvo and filled in across Vicco during the evening).

That was generated back over near Heard Island last weekend... way way way out of our swell window :?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Craig, I did say that you had to pray to Huey AND it was a long shot!!! :wink:

I mean I have to give you guys something to hope for this weekend as it's looking rather diabolical surfwise otherwise!!!

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Lucky I'm down in Melbourne for the Anzac Day clash!!! :D

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Hope ya score some nice waves down there this weekend Craig. I'm heading off the following weekend for my annual east coast surfari and feck I'm praying to Huey for the latest EC charts to come to fruition!!!!!

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:52 am

Late next week and weekend now looking very promising to me, in fact lots of places from early to mid next week as well.

Those charts have taken an interesting turn. :shock: :shock:

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:04 am

oldman wrote:Late next week and weekend now looking very promising to me, in fact lots of places from early to mid next week as well.

Those charts have taken an interesting turn. :shock: :shock:
Please don't jinx the charts Oldman.....I need them looking the way they currently are for late next week/weekend. :D

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:21 pm

......so tomorrow morning should I head to a swell magnet? light a candle and play the last post?

Or stay in bed?