Southern onion ring over cooked

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nappy
Local

Southern onion ring over cooked

Post by Nappy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Dont expect much from that low that bombed in the south indian ocean, strongest winds were on the eastern flank and they were very northerly due to the way winds angle in a on a low.

Was really only in our swell window (south Oz) for 24 hours, winds were very westerly around 50s which will result only in SW refrated swell for Fleurieu area (im not going mention west) The winds on the western flank dont amount to much cept right near the core.

I wouldnt expext the mid to get bigger than a foot and a half, Down south will fun tommorow, probably 4 maybe 5 foot at cliffs way.

Give me a long strong sausage fetch any day over an onion ring :?

(trying to keep the BBQ theme going but that sounds a wee suss)

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Re: Southern onion ring over cooked

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Just be careful not to get the inmates to exited with all this talk of overcooked rings and sausage fetching.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Stuggle to see how the stongest winds were on the eastern flank Nappy...

We'll see how the Mid performs, I'm expecting at least 2ft, with a good chance of 3ft sets on the large incoming tide..

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Thats an impresive core pic all be it a rather small area, I considered that to far west and south to benifit the mid greatly. I was refering to when in moved in SA's prime window, as it passed 110E the gradiant increased on its eastern flank as is pushed the high from the bight out to the tasman.

Any way my untrained eye was going of the passed 4 day indian ocean MSLPloop, its does look sightly better on the Aust loop but it will be a short burst for the mid while every where else exposed will get more refracted SW swell.

Gonna be nice day tho victish posish for me.