Drought breaker?

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Drought breaker?

Post by Spoon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:36 am

Trust me you will all owe me a beer by the end of the week.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:30 am

Pretty wild out there this morning. Just checked on the top of the tide.
There'll be some serious erosion happening today with the wind push and the swell increase.
If the wind backs off in a couple of days, gonna be a lot of fun.
BTW. I wouldn't like to have been taking off from Brisbane airport this morning like Donw was.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:27 pm

yeah well I think I will not bother with Noosa Heads, so you're in luck mkm

I think I will stay here instead and get surf twice the size with roughly 1/1000th the rubbernecks.

Good luck everyone over the next 10 days, may you all be safe and know when to go out and when not to go out.

and don't let me hear about you surfing inside Sydney fcuken Harbour.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Kirra Teams Challenge is on this weekend ... first heats hit the water on Friday ... should get some good waves for the event ... and it may even be at Kirra for the first time in along time ... :D
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Mooloolaba Wave Buoy has gone over 7m of max wave height and half that on average.
Stil pretty short period - about 7-8 seconds.
Must be like a washing mashine out there.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:59 pm

My local point is looking like it might provide the goods with some powerful waves coming in, cant tell about the banks yet due to washing machine effect but am keeing a close eye on it
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:29 am

Still roaring onshore overnight from the East. :twisted:
Gotta keep an eye on it today, though.
One of the features of my local is that sand almost never affects the main break.
It seems to come around the point from the south and magically appear on or near the beach 500m away.
The main break seems to stay as a clear rock bottom always. You just get a little build up towards the end of the ride which makes a great bowl finish to some of the longer ones.
Beanpole

Skipper

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:00 am

Great rains too through the darling downs and most of inland qld, coming down through NSW now.

I saw a farmer on the news last night say that it had been a 'brilliant' beginning to the summer for farmers.

A farmer, said 'brilliant'. Things must be good up there.

Keep up the surf reports from qld. I'm interested in how this pans out as most of it seems to be here with a strong onshore behind it.

Saw the 'Today' show this morning where they were talking up the 'king' tides hitting qld. The males on that show would hardly have a registerable IQ I reckon.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:19 pm

There seems to be a lot less wind up "the other end" of the SC. :twisted:
Tiger and Fong just might have the best of it - at least today.
Still hoping the wind will back off for a couple of hours Wed & Thurs morning early.
oldman wrote:Saw the 'Today' show this morning where they were talking up the 'king' tides hitting qld. The males on that show would hardly have a registerable IQ I reckon
Playing to their audience? :lol:
Beanpole

Skipper

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Clean enough at the points. But smaller today and pretty inconsistent, y'day arvo was heaps better.
I hope it gets big, cos there's a mind boggling-ly good bank on the inside. 1st point doesn't even exist anymore.