Billabong Pipeline Masters

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Re: Billabong Pipeline Masters

Post by Revolution » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Don your making it out to be something insanely big. Where would either of you two suggest heading to to watch it? I fly in on the weekend but honestly havn't really looked into the forecasts / surf spots over there apart from a little peak at surf atlas.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:36 am

Rev, I'm heading over too.
Where are you staying?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:49 pm

The early-next-week swell looks bigger again now -- big ass Waimea, tow-in etc

A lot of that swell will probably flood past on the way to CA but 20ft/20sec is for sure on the cards.

Rev wants to watch it. Rev you will not be able to ESCAPE it. When a swell like that hits the north shore, it takes over everything.

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:The early-next-week swell looks bigger again now -- big **** Waimea, tow-in etc

A lot of that swell will probably flood past on the way to CA but 20ft/20sec is for sure on the cards.
Think they'll run The Eddie?

EDIT: Just checked the site.
Official Swell Update from The Quiksilver In Memory of Eddie Aikau Fueled by Monster Energy TUESDAY DEC.1, 2009

As we prepare for the official opening ceremony of The Quiksilver In Memory of Eddie Aikau fueled by Monster Energy on Thursday, Dec. 3, 3pm, we are watching a series of extra large episodes develop.

* Please note that long range forecasts are highly subject to change.

The first episode is forecast for Saturday: a serious Waimea warmup swell of approximately 15 to 18 feet.

The second, larger episode will be long-lived with an arrival window some time between late Sunday through Tuesday. Waves are forecast to be 20-25 feet: true Waimea size. Anticipated wind conditions are unknown at this time. Too early for specifics. Likelihood of running: 70%

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:03 pm

g_u_m_b_y wrote:Rev, I'm heading over too.
Where are you staying?
Waikiki :oops: :lol:

Free trip though so cant complain.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Revolution wrote:
Where are you staying?
Looks like Rev will be escaping the twenty foot monsters Nick after all. :lol: :lol:

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:12 pm

I've spent the last few days over on Maui and Honolua has been firing at 6-8ft during the last week. Before you ask me how I went, I might refer you to my shoulder reconstruction thread...I watched from the hill :x

we are heading over for a week at turtle bay so Ill check out the opening ceremony of the Eddie and the finals of the Sunset Pro (hoping Parko gets back to back triple crowns). Loving the thought of seeing solid Waimea..actually Im pumped to sit and watch anything go down especially with the swell forecasts like they are. The shoulder is a nice excuse for not getting amongst the really big stuff (I cant even swim a proper breast stroke in the resort pool :lol: )

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:32 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:
Revolution wrote:
Where are you staying?
Looks like Rev will be escaping the twenty foot monsters Nick after all. :lol: :lol:
Car?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Revolution wrote:Don your making it out to be something insanely big.
5-6m swells at 16-18 second periods aint small, particularly up there at Hawaii with the deep water just offshore. They reckon even Sunset's gonna be a wash through at the peak of this swell event (Tuesday Hawaii time next week), if the bomb low develops as forecast.

Tradewinds (based on GFS model) look poo mind you!!!