August

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

SAsurfa
barnacle

Re: August

Post by SAsurfa » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:40 am

More lined up today Barstardos with some great lefts and a couple of rights coming through NS. Bit less consistent and smaller but still solid 4ft on the bigger sets and sooo much fun.

I caught so many waves this morning that I thought it was time to head in and go to work but it was only 7:50 :shock: Surfed another 40 minutes or so as the crowds left and the waves got better! Man so surf stoked from the last 3 days of waves :mrgreen:

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:01 pm

bugger - didnt want to hear that today SurfSA. I ended up surfing freshie this morning because time was tight and i only had to run down the street for a quick wave.
No banks. Just perfect, hollow.....closeouts.
Should have made the effort to go over the hill

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Had a go at Maroubra this morning, and although just beautiful, like b. there were a lot of hollow close-outs.

Frustrating but pleasant at the same time. From what I hear other eastern suburbs beaches aren't lining up well either. I'd be happy to be corrected on that though.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:34 pm

^^^^^ Nah mate same same at Bondi/Bronte.. would have been better at the Bra me thinks..
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Yeah it's really shithouse up here. (cough cough)

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:07 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Yeah it's really shithouse up here. (cough cough)
We'll be up there tomorrow.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Farking super fun/cooking today with long lulls and 7 wave sets; a light onshore.
For the first time since the May implosion the Point was starting to look like the Point again.
Rastovich, Melling, Dan Thomson et al in a light crowd of mostly euro kooks. ......the performance level was through the roof and uber creative.
SSW winds this morning as the trough cleared instead of the predicted NW caught people on the hop......
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Sounds like everyone north of Bondi (and most likely south of Maroubra :wink: )has scored great waves over the last few days! Sorry Olds and Jimmy :P :mrgreen:

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:46 pm

merkin wrote:
steve shearer wrote:Farking super fun/cooking today with long lulls and 7 wave sets; a light onshore.
For the first time since the May implosion the Point was starting to look like the Point again.
Rastovich, Melling, Dan Thomson et al in a light crowd of mostly euro kooks. ......the performance level was through the roof and uber creative.
SSW winds this morning as the trough cleared instead of the predicted NW caught people on the hop......
Thanks for that :? Spent the arvo ten minutes away from there on the lounge incapacitated from a stupid back injury - torn muscle. Looks like at least two weeks out of the water. First time in my life I've missed work or surf through a crook back - I now have the utmost sympathy for all you poor buggers in that bad back thread :shock:
This thread has been driving me crazy :evil:

Wild, howling onshores again here :(

Merkin, that injury will come and go in all likelhood now :cry:

Flare ups occur when you least need and want it.

I've found when it recurrs a heady mix of anti inflammatorys, voltaren gel and Ibuprofen can get you back in the water and wet-its bloody painful when it wears off but at least you're still out there :D

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:17 pm

OddaP wrote:

I've found when it recurrs a heady mix of anti inflammatorys, voltaren gel and Ibuprofen can get you back in the water and wet-its bloody painful when it wears off but at least you're still out there :D
Which is maybe why it keeps flaring up. Not enough proper healing time :?: :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:43 pm

TrevG wrote:
OddaP wrote:

Which is maybe why it keeps flaring up. Not enough proper healing time :?: :wink:
Probably Trev, its a long term (15 year old) injury, caused originally by tearing the deep lumbar spine muscle. In short the deep lumbar muscles shut down and the superficial thoracic muscles take up the slack, so I get stiffness and bad spasms. It recurs when I lift incorrectly (last year from trying to pull a scooter out in Bali) :oops:

I do physio, look after posture and lifting but once it recurs there's a weakness for maybe the next year or so,its difficult because I have to do very bad lifting and twisting/rotating movements at times in my job.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:44 pm

I think we're about to hear a particular lady start singing!!!
singing.jpg
singing.jpg (30.23 KiB) Viewed 5195 times

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:56 pm

and sing she will!

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Donweather wrote:I think we're about to hear a particular lady start singing!!!
singing.jpg
If she gets a wide on, run :arrow: RLF :lol:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:58 pm

Shhhhh, if we whisper, then maybe she won't hear us, but perhaps she isn't going to sing just yet!!!!

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:03 pm

ill put money on it that September if windy westerly flatness
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Donweather wrote:Shhhhh, if we whisper, then maybe she won't hear us, but perhaps she isn't going to sing just yet!!!!
Looks like somethign up there again for you Donw.

Will be interested to know if and when it hits. Doesn't seem to be quite lining up sufficiently to get down to us but should work for you and the fine folk of SC, GC and maybe a bit for Steve, if he can get a moment away from Bub.

Keep us posted.