South Coast Locals?

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Agro
regular

South Coast Locals?

Post by Agro » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:32 pm

I live in Cronulla and was considering heading down the south coast tomorrow morning, and was wondering if I should even bother? I've got a couple of 'swell magnet' spots in mind but dont know if they'll even be worthwhile.

I dont want names, as I know where Im going, just want to know if I'd be wasting my time.

PM me if your worried about informing the whole of Sydney.
A man goes to the zoo.
When he gets there, there was only a dog.
It was a shitzu.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:14 pm

i planned a trip south today, but swell bouy didn't look good when i checked it a 5. just went northern beaches.
i wish i did go south because
a)the surf today was better than i expected
b)some kook lost his mal getting over my wave and as i bailed back into the wave after it closed out, the fin from the mal sliced through my forearm and then sliced a 10 inch long slash in my bodyboard. It was my second wave of the day too. AND i got up at 5

So i sent that to the shop for repairing, and had to ride my bloody surfboard for the rest of the day :evil:

sean--
barnacle

Re: South Coast Locals?

Post by sean-- » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:57 pm

Agro wrote:I live in Cronulla and was considering heading down the south coast tomorrow morning, and was wondering if I should even bother? I've got a couple of 'swell magnet' spots in mind but dont know if they'll even be worthwhile.

I dont want names, as I know where Im going, just want to know if I'd be wasting my time.

PM me if your worried about informing the whole of Sydney.
The Farm was pretty good today. Started out waist high and was head high by lunch. Not sure when the southerly is going to hit though.

chris_010
Local

Post by chris_010 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:52 pm

I'd be heading as far north as you can for this weekend anywayz.

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:52 pm

Uh huh, i hope boxy has more swell then sydney

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:28 pm

One Mile Point wrote:Uh huh, i hope boxy has more swell then sydney
Havent been to boxy for a long time used to go there a bit in the 80s . Bloody deadly eh?There is a similar rebound wave spot like that down here too.

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:37 pm

I was paddling out and saw a guy on second wedge get nailed by a 4ft sideash connecting with a 6ft wave on dead low tide. The drop is difficult but extremely fun. Theres a spot nearby that has thick barrelss :)

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:50 pm

It would have to get pretty packed out there nowadays wouldnt it? Mostly body boarders ? Is it still a dirt road in?

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:06 pm

Saturday morning was good with 3 people out. But the rest of the weekend was a write off, hundreds of bluebottles and onshore winds, ended up surfing a reef.

Its a really crappy concrete road. Yea everytime theres a hint of good 2ft + swell everyone is on it.