The Tulla Tub

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

offshore1
Duke Status

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by offshore1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:01 am

To me, finding a board shape you really like for $15 is a good value. Conversely, it's a cheap and quick way to weed out shit that you might have been tempted to buy.

This wave pool business just might have legs. I say we have the next Realsurf barbecue in Snowdonia.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:43 pm

Booked a session on the Intermediate Left tomorrow. Right was all booked out but I'm not fussed, quite enjoy surfing backhand

Taking my old 7' Miller V-Skate thruster, it'll catch almost anything so I should hopefully get a few.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:26 am

Keen to hear how it goes, groots.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:22 am

I'm booked in Friday arvo, I'm interested to see how much power it has.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 am

Murphys farken Law.

Got an email this morning at 05:21 that the Tub is closed due to the massive dust storm that has blown across Victoria from South Australia last night.

Understandable though, my pool (fcuk I hate pools) is now a delightful milk chocolate brown and there is reddish brown pools of slurry all over the place, that place will be a mess :x

I've rebooked the Hatchlings and I for Sunday arvo (they're doing the beginner lesson) so will report back
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 am

Grooter wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 am
Murphys farken Law.

Got an email this morning at 05:21 that the Tub is closed due to the massive dust storm that has blown across Victoria from South Australia last night.

Understandable though, my pool (fcuk I hate pools) is now a delightful milk chocolate brown and there is reddish brown pools of slurry all over the place, the Tub will be a mess :x

I've rebooked the Hatchlings and I for Sunday arvo (they're doing the beginner lesson) so will report back

pinhead
barnacle

Post by pinhead » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 am

Grooter wrote:
Murphys farken Law.

Understandable though, my pool (fcuk I hate pools) is now a delightful milk chocolate brown and there is reddish brown pools of slurry all over the place, that place will be a mess :x

Yep, must have been a lot of dust (and rain) rode to work this morning, every puddle was orange.

I think their filtration system must be pretty good. A lot of people had been asking about it, so at my last session, I urinated and cleared my nostrils before exiting the pool. I did not observe any ill effects in the participants in the subsequent session.
daryl wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:43 am
We were waiting to get a donkey until it killed someone

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:48 am

pinhead wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 am
Grooter wrote:
Murphys farken Law.

Yep, must have been a lot of dust (and rain) rode to work this morning, every puddle was orange.

I think their filtration system must be pretty good. A lot of people had been asking about it, so at my last session, I urinated and cleared my nostrils before exiting the pool. I did not observe any ill effects in the participants in the subsequent session.
Apart from that Chinese tourist who surfed right after you, then flew to visit relatives in Wuhan, thereby infecting the whole province. :mrgreen:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:33 pm

Closed tomorrow now as well, reschedule another time.

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Lose your flight money though channels?

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm

Or day trip down the surf coast?
Looks like a little bit of swell

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:21 pm

thats a bit ruff.
no blame, but how do get compensation for a cancelled session if you've organised flights etc?

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:32 pm

No Pants Lance wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:21 pm
thats a bit ruff.
no blame, but how do get compensation for a cancelled session if you've organised flights etc?
By going in to town for a Melbourne coffee....

...that tastes the same as a Sydney coffee.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:41 pm

buddy wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:07 pm
Lose your flight money though channels?
Nah, am there for work so was going anyway. Thought I would tack on a sesh before I fly home.

Voucher valid for the next 3 years given instead.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:45 pm

unless they've changed the bar, grind and water pressure settings.

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Yes, that’s true, the main point is you can fairly easily get equally good coffee in Sydney as Melbourne if you want it.

Might have been a bit harder to find 15-20 years ago.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Sydney coffee > Melbourne coffee

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:10 pm

channels wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:04 pm
Sydney coffee > Melbourne coffee
Get fcuked!

No way. No way is that true