What's happening with Forum since Pozible Don??

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Re: What's happening with Forum since Pozible Don??

Post by swvic » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:53 pm

Just assumed the dungeon was like tangents and it was deliberate for some reason
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Just checked again and search function seems to be working in Tangents - and the Dungeon.
Maybe someone else can try it.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Okay, it works if you are logged in. If you are logged out then it seems to work a lot better than before, but only in the non-hidden fora.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:10 pm

alakaboo wrote:Okay, it works if you are logged in. If you are logged out then it seems to work a lot better than before, but only in the non-hidden fora.
You've confused me 'boo.
Yeah. I know. I'm old. :(
Are you saying the search works on all the "fora" if you are logged in? Including Tangents and the Dungeon?
If so, that's good.

As for being logged out, I haven't changed anything to improve that. And obviously it won't find anything in Tangents or the Dungeon if you're logged out because - well, you're logged out.
I hadn't considered the search function for people not logged in, TBH. But I guess it should work.
I'm at a loss to explain how it could be better or worse depending on your login status, though.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:21 pm

When logged in you can search Tangents and the Dungeon.
e.g. "ball sweat" will get you results in both, and also in General Surf and elsewhere

When logged out it seems like you get more results than previously, but only from General Surf, Health and Travel, Logs and Eggs.
I used to search for things that I'd written myself and not get any results, now they turn up. May just be a coincidence, but I'm reasonably certain that I searched using the same terms.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Of course. I am a man of science.

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Don, if Trev starts lobbying for his mod position to be permanent, paid incl. super and annual leave, can you please follow EEO policy and advertise the position?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:34 pm

ajohnsen wrote:Don, if Trev starts lobbying for his mod position to be permanent, paid incl. super and annual leave, can you please follow EEO policy and advertise the position?
It's all yours AJ. 8)
Beanpole

Skipper

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Post by ajohnsen » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:37 pm

Trev wrote:
ajohnsen wrote:Don, if Trev starts lobbying for his mod position to be permanent, paid incl. super and annual leave, can you please follow EEO policy and advertise the position?
It's all yours AJ. 8)
$72,000 a year, 15% super and a FJ Cruiser. That's the package, right?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:12 pm

ajohnsen wrote:
Trev wrote:
It's all yours AJ. 8)
Pretty close.
But I'll even forego the Cruiser and Super if you just pay me the $72 Gs. :-)(
Beanpole

Skipper

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:41 pm

I'm pretty sure I've never used ball sweat in a sentence before.

I abhor lowbrow humour.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

andy2476
Owl status

Post by andy2476 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:50 pm

email notifications still don't work for me. I reckon ive spent about $2500 of my time trying to get it to work. Is there a form I can fill out for reimbursement?
Drailed wrote:
#goteamiggy

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:31 am

ajohnsen wrote:
Trev wrote:
It's all yours AJ. 8)
The car has Real Surf Moderators Staff Car on the side and lots of frangipani and hibiscus flowers against a fiery red sunset with palm trees silhouetted as a border across the bonnet. Also some Tiki Type pseudo Polynesian warrior figures on the back and a Balinese temple guardian as a hood ornament.

Sorry that's temple guardians on the back and pseudo Polynesian Tiki Figure as a hood ornament.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:39 am

andy2476 wrote:email notifications still don't work for me. I reckon ive spent about $2500 of my time trying to get it to work. Is there a form I can fill out for reimbursement?
Yep.

Download it here.

Oh. Guess what? :-)(
Beanpole

Skipper

geedot

Post by geedot » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Hey Don - I'm new to the forum so not too sure how to drop you a line about this. Couldn't find your email address and your email forms don't appear to be working so figured posting here would be best.

Either way, I've got good experience with forums etc. if you need a hand. Also, depending on where you host your site I can probably get you some decent credits on hosting to keep the costs down.

I work with lots of online companies / startups so the big hosting guys give us credits (in the thousands...) to share with them, that I don't mind passing on to you

As admin, you probably have access to my email address - so feel free to drop me an email if you're keen to talk. If that doesn't work you can just reply here and we'll sort it out.

Either way - awesome job to you and all the forum members. Like I said, I'm new here and feel like I've uncovered a hidden treasure of gold!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:29 pm

geedot wrote:Hey Don - I'm new to the forum so not too sure how to drop you a line about this. Couldn't find your email address and your email forms don't appear to be working so figured posting here would be best.

Either way, I've got good experience with forums etc. if you need a hand. Also, depending on where you host your site I can probably get you some decent credits on hosting to keep the costs down.

I work with lots of online companies / startups so the big hosting guys give us credits (in the thousands...) to share with them, that I don't mind passing on to you

As admin, you probably have access to my email address - so feel free to drop me an email if you're keen to talk. If that doesn't work you can just reply here and we'll sort it out.

Either way - awesome job to you and all the forum members. Like I said, I'm new here and feel like I've uncovered a hidden treasure of gold!
Thanks geedot. I've passed this post on to Don via Skype.
Beanpole

Skipper

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:51 pm

hi geedot, sounds interesting, esp. as I've been planning to move this to a new server for yonks. Will send you an email to discuss further.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:50 am

Don, also your banking details as well. Purely an industry formality
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.