Standups-how they view bodyboarders??

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

SpoNgeR_69
regular

Standups-how they view bodyboarders??

Post by SpoNgeR_69 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:51 pm

were does every1 surf at and how do the standups view
bodyboards..i know lots of dudes at my school who are ***
and just write off bodyboards as if we wrecked the surf or sumthing
I would surf too if i couldnt bodyboard

thursday

Post by thursday » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:53 am

yeah that's like my school.... they are all the dy locals.. biggest l0sers.. think they are sooo hard... it's quite hilarious what they say.... pity i just write them off back

worthy1

Post by worthy1 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:11 am

there are few bodyboarders that i have seen who really rip. the ones that do, i give major props to .... the others can eat sh!t & die ... they get burnt eveyrtime.

evil son

Post by evil son » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:41 am

Whatever !

worthy1

Post by worthy1 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:49 am

evil son wrote:Whatever !
wow ... you really stuck it to him there, huh??

kwarta

The Debate

Post by kwarta » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:14 pm

Can somebody tell me WHY this topic comes up all the time? What is it exactly about bodyboarders that standups hate? Seriously, what are the exact reasons? I do both and have only had to deal with this pathetic kind of s#@t riding a bodyboard. Dont know about everyone else but I surf for the satisfaction you get from RIDING WAVES not writing other people off or trying to fit into an image

SpoNgeR_69
regular

Post by SpoNgeR_69 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:22 pm

what school do u go to thursday..DY beach is full of *** who think
they r hell sick

NthCurlyPoint?

Post by NthCurlyPoint? » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:27 pm

I surf at curly, and I rekon we treat em no different. We pay out my mate cos he bodyboards, but all in good humour.
I cant stand em when theres heaps out at DY point though, cos they have such an advantage on the takeoff... they make it hard to get waves.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:08 pm

im a standup n im not like d stereo-types who bag out boogers...i reckon most of u guys r insane...the take-offs u guys pull r just nuts. keep up tha craziness.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:11 pm

What pisses me off about bodyboarders?
1. They don't require any skill at all to do it
2. They hog the waves by taking off on the inside and demanding right of way (this is because of lesser skills required than standups).
3. They don't seem to care that they take all the waves. If they get 100 waves and you get none they don't care/notice.
3. Many lack surf etiquette and drop in.

There are exceptions. Some do have manners, some do have etiquette. In fact a local at Tallows called me onto a wave once even though he had right of way - and it was a bloody good wave too. Trouble was that he was a very rare exception.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:32 pm

actually i think i agree with crissb. im not saying ur all like that, but u guys have quite a few assholes who are giving bodyboarding a bad name. now people like mike stewart and now brendon newton are absolutely nuts n are great 2 watch. but whenever i ride a booger, i swear it turns me in2 a drop-in...it has evil powers. or mayb its just trying 2 tell me im not cut out 4 bodyboarding...which doesnt bother me

Nikko
regular

Bodyboarders...

Post by Nikko » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:32 pm

Kneeboarders = Cripples
They can't quite get there but they do have a go. Every single kneeboarder that I've ever come across is totally commited to there craft.
They are usually very eccentric as well?

Bodyboarders = Gutsliders
They think there the bee's knee's, more like annoying mosquitoes you just wanna swat! They just don't really have a go! I concider a sponge as a stepping stone towards a proper surfboard for the one's that are more committed.
As your ocean knowledge and confidence improves I believe they should progress towards standing up.
Are'nt you embarrassed looking up to everyone else ? Stand up and be proud like a man!!!
All those top bodyboarders would make great surfers I believe, I have no idea really why you would persist with it.
Probably cause it is easy, your all bunch of skirts !!!!

:twisted:

:!:
"No matter what happens; it will always be alright".

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:05 am

I'm also sick of this topic.....

Pretty harsh generalisations, but I actually do agree with some of them, and I am an older booger too. Some of us do rip on a standup, and it might have been me who called you into that wave at Tallows Chriwsb. I'd rather not waste a wave, and rather than 'dogging' one when out of position I'd rather see it ridden.

Etiquette, respect, skill, all these gripes apply to the same 90% of standups that suck. How many times have I been out on a good day and there's a heap of standups sitting on the peak who fall off every takeoff? Thats an utter waste of waves, fair enough they're giving it a go but "They hog the waves by taking off on the inside and demanding right of way" when their skill is not up to scratch. Only their ego and the 'pack' mentality are at work here.

"They just don't really have a go!"! Except the exceptions of course, so when you see a booger launch an air reverse off an 8ft closeout take the time to think whether you'd have a bash at it and whether you'd really have a chance of making it.

No I'm not embarrassed at all to be a booger, but......bring on winter!

SpoNgeR_69
regular

Post by SpoNgeR_69 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:36 pm

i reckon it shouldn't really matter what people ride....
atleast we ride something..... instead of payin out each other
we should jus dish it out to westys n gothics n skaters...u no them sort of
people ey

kwarta

fools

Post by kwarta » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:01 am

Chrisb & Nikko: What a bunch of ignorant d#@kheads.

I dont know where you guys surf but the only time ive seen boogers drop in on a standup is when:

1: Its been deserved because the standup's done it already
or
2: The booger hasnt learnt surf rules yet.

Nikko, u must have some inferiority issues if "looking up at everyone" is ur main concern. And "stand up like a man"???? WTF??

Chrisb: Go and watch a bodyboarding video. Now look at some of the waves the guys in the video take off on. Now watch the moves they pull and then you go and grab yourself a bodyboard and go and do just that if it requires no skill. Actually, go surf out at the island. 100% respect to all the standups and boogers that rip out there.

You totally contradict yourself in every point you make in that weak post because every point you made applies to every kind of craft.

Ian M pretty much hit the mark. For everytime ive seen a booger paddle past in the lineup, ive seen just as many standups do just the same.

I ride both craft and have respect for anyone in the water unless they prove to be an arsehole. Im not trying to write anyone off, im just trying to point out a few misconceptions you seem to have. Id rather let my surfing do the talking for me.

PumpAerian

Post by PumpAerian » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:25 am

Man Nikko, you are a tool. Bodyboarding is a sleeping giant. It's been suppressed for years by the stand-up industry. In 5-10 years time when the bodyboarding industry starts to mature, it will become the default surf vehicle and take on a life of its own. You've obviously never experienced the feeling of being projected (up and over, back to front, front to back - whichever way we do them all) by the natural force of a wave. Tool.

thursday

Post by thursday » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:29 pm

SpoNgeR_69 wrote:what school do u go to thursday..DY beach is full of (deleted) who think
they r hell sick
cromer high

thursday

Post by thursday » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:32 pm

the only reason surfer's hate us is cause they are just so plain and boring with their little cutties and are jealous they can't bust moves like bodyboarders, can't get deep like bodyboarders and can't take off like bodyboarders.... all in all, if you think bodyboarding is easy, you try and get out there and boost and shit, it's harder then you think, unless i'm just a kook, either way good luck.....