Survey about tourists that practice Water Sports

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

pimentones

Survey about tourists that practice Water Sports

Post by pimentones » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:50 am

Hi! I'm a Portuguese student and I'm developing an academic work to study the habits, activities and needs of tourits from different nations, that practice water sports.

So, I'd like to ask you all, to fill in the survey so I can get the maximum responses possible and because your response is primal!

Link: https://sites.google.com/site/ppimenta/

Thanks in advance for you attention and good waves! ;)

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Re: Survey about tourists that practice Water Sports

Post by Karlos » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:12 am

Water sports? OK, let the fun begin...

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:18 am

pimentones, your survey design is dreadful.

I tried to complete it because I am interested in the field of research.

Here are some comments.

Congratulations on getting the survey translated in multiple languages, but you need to get a native speaker of each language to read it as there are issues with the English translation.
You need to be honest about your research. The survey has almost nothing to do with water sports. I assume it is to try and explore different expenditure patterns in different water sports categories.
You need to state that it is only relevant to people who travel to Portugal, and stay in hotel rooms.
You need a map of locations.
You need to either translate dollar figures into the relevant currency, or provide a link to an exchange rate site, e.g. xe.com/ucc
You need to have the survey directions at the top of each question, not at the bottom.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:55 am

Yes, exactly. Beware the first time poster. :shock:

So call me a cynic if you will, but either directly or indirectly, many first time posters are trying to get something, usually money, but contribute nothing.

OK, at one stage we were all first-time posters so genuineness of course will only be proven with repeat postings....... However I doubt that this one will .....