Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

huie
Local

Re: ###travelling c d d compsand

Post by huie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:53 pm

yea i done it on a longboard the guy likes it for nse rides

but this is a diferent set up again
hopefully it would result in more lift producing more speed .
but hey fellas i threw a few things in there its up to the riders to tell me? :lol:
but i am more interested in what the materials feel like in comparison to a std pu. pe.
i do hope you all get to ride it in beter waves
ther is no hurry

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:49 am

huie wrote: but hey fellas i threw a few things in there its up to the riders to tell me? :lol:
but i am more interested in what the materials feel like in comparison to a std pu. pe.
You may have created a problem for yourself there, H. If it’s too left field they aren’t going to be concentrating on the other elements.

Rails ala Bill Stewart by the sounds of things?

Have to get kNicknaCk to do an appraisal, he’s more succinct.
Last edited by ric_vidal on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:01 am

Got a couple of waves on it huie before handing it over to CC and Iggs.

Don't know what effect the rails have on performance, but it sure feels weird when you are duck diving to feel the chiselled edge further up the board.

It definitely feels like it sits higher in the water compared to standard foam. Seems to have not a lot of volume in the board, although we think the thickness was stated on the board as 2 5/8ths, which none of felt was right. It didn't seem that thick.

The board didn't seem to slow down much at all as the wave fattened, just kept on going, but the turning was hard to pin down. Seemed to be able to swivel on it almost, like there wasn't any hold underneath the board. Very loose.

If you lay it over it would follow and that was controllable, but it was like my feet weren't getting any feedback from the board.

I can't explain that last bit, but Iggy sort of knew what I meant.

Still trying to figure it out and will say more when I next ride it.

BTW, I dropped in on Iggy for one of the waves. Oh yeah! :twisted:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

huie
Local

Post by huie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:14 pm

ok i dont think i put any measurments on the board
the design did not interest me aku shaped it ha'' but i am preety sure that board would be scratching to make 2 3/8'' & yes it is low volume
i cant realy explain the whole concept or i would be giving it all away'' but the core is an integral part
of it all.

the stiffer slingshot effect is related to the bottom skin. ( rohacell)
the higher floatation is in the make up of the core.
the lossnes will be all the area in the tail and more than likely the fins( rears) need some adjusting
i decreased the cant for this reason.
any way wait for some waves no hurry if yas want any more fins let me know''

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:10 pm

I think I noticed some of the properties of the material. It looks lower volume than what I usually ride but once it was on the wave it took off really fast, the reduced volume didn't effect its planing ability at all. No problems paddling in for me at 87kg.

It seemed to carry its speed really nicely into turns as well, however I'm sure the quad fibreglass fins have something to do with that :)

Just from a few very brief waves on it, its not the sort of shape that I would prefer to ride, but the acceleration felt very fun. Hopefully someone gets to try it in some semi-quality waves.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:05 pm

yep its the core that gives it the lively feel , some say its the total construction but I think it is the blank and the blank only...its all a bit top secret so I wont say any more but Huie must be sick of me asking for some.....

oh fuck it...while I'm here, "Please Huie , can I have some MORE ".... :roll: :roll:

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Heres a few pics from our board swap:

So we were hanging out in the Maroubra car park when five exotic broads turn up.....

They told us their names were Mini-Fish, Quadfather, Dylan, Simon Anderson, and huie's girl. Funny names, but they were hot.

We convinced them to put their bums together for us, it was a great show....

We were pretty damn lucky. Iggy, oldman and I passed them around and got to feel their curves and we even got to second base with a few. The environment was not very helpful in romancing them....Every now and then we would get the chance to see what they might be capable of...but just a glimpse...

We thought we might have more luck at a later time when the conditions were right. Hell, you can't expect much at first meeting. They were all pretty damn great broads though, the kind you'd want to spend a lot of time with.

I was lucky and ended up going home with Mini Fish and Quadfather under each arm. One for a bit of a kick and some fun when everything else is boring...the other the kind you might want to marry and make a partner out of...share many memorable moments with.

Iggy was lucky to take home Dylan and Simon Anderson, I think he's gay. Oldman liked the look of huie's girl, I think hes afraid of commitment and goes for taken women...Still, another day we might all get to see everything that they can do...
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:52 pm

That was a little scary there caveman! :shock:

Still got the board fellas but as per standard, I'm not available when there are waves, and when I am available there are no waves.

I'm planning on getting it over to Ric_Vidal for the norther beaches section soon unless I offload it to Iggy first.

Will let you know, but I might be able to get a surf in if I get rid of it.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Is it coming, or already been to the gong?. I wouldn't mind having a go, and Faniel probably would too. He'd be much more likely to be able to ride it as well, but i wouldn't mind trying the tech.

Cheers

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Beerfan wrote:Is it coming, or already been to the gong?. I wouldn't mind having a go, and Faniel probably would too. He'd be much more likely to be able to ride it as well, but i wouldn't mind trying the tech.

Cheers
Hey Beerfan.. I think the plan has changed a bit.. It was gonna head down via me after Iggy,Olds and Capt Caveman had a go but I think a few guys on the NB's want a go 1st.. So I'm waiting for it to come back to the Eastern Suburbs then I will cart it down .. We can sort out the details later..
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:19 am

Cheers mate no hurry.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:00 am

yeah beerfan stay in touch with this. I'll make sure that Ric sends the message around to get the board back to Jimmy for further trips south.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:23 pm

oldman wrote:I'll make sure that Ric sends the message around to get the board back...
Piece of sh*t :twisted: can’t take a beating from an older gentleman!

Sorry H, we (I) appear to have inflicted a slight bit of damage to said traveller. :oops: Not sure what part of my anatomy it was, but well it could have been any. Luckily there was no video evidence.

The attached is after surgery to remove the stuff that was no longer stuck, it may have to get a little bigger still. :? Anyone know a good repairer with experience with epoxy?

Man that core sucks some water... going to leave it for a rest.
CDD.jpg
CDD.jpg (50.29 KiB) Viewed 4079 times
Board report: do I dare :shock: too small for me H as mentioned although surprisingly I did get up, last wave even did a couple of turns, I use the term loosely though.

Board seemed/is very strong, until contact, but didn’t realise there was damage until after returning to work... does the whole epoxy/poly de-lamination thing with a sound impact. Deck is very sound/clean as is/was the whole board. Feels lively but that is coming from someone who isn’t used to riding anything so wee so it feels like a skate board. Also a pretty ordinary wave on offer not that it makes a big difference to me at the moment.

Will fix appropriately and send on it’s path.

Seriously very sorry and embarrassed by the damage, bit of an indication of the train wreck on board.

huie
Local

Post by huie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:47 pm

haaa'' he ric it was made to knok around
is that damage inside the pin line looks to be. it should not be sucking water

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:40 am

huie wrote:haaa'' he ric it was made to knok around
is that damage inside the pin line looks to be. it should not be sucking water
What you are looking at is the top of the rail H, coin is on the deck side of the pinline. If I pushed the foam water droplets appeared.

huie
Local

Post by huie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:47 am

relax its only a surfboard :lol:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:50 am

Not the luckiest fella at the moment are you Ric! :cry:

Things will turn around soon for sure. Good luck with that repair. Don't think I handed it over with any hidden problems, we gave it a good looking over at the time.

huie
Local

Post by huie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:44 am

hey olds no one needs to worry i might seem weird but i like it
its all for the good

jezz i hope ric didnt do the same damage to himself :lol: