Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, beach_defender, Forum Moderators

User avatar
Thud
Harry the Hat
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Over55yrs wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:26 pm
but with the early NNE on them (and cold water)
100%
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

channels
Owl status
Posts: 3831
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by channels » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Hatchnam wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:27 pm
Surfed garie beach with loof. I surfed my 6’4 single and he was on a nice looking NPJ 8 footer, single fin built for glide and trim. Loof caught a stack of fun peelers. I got a few nice lefts and rights. One left that went all the way to dry sand, with a series of glide run to cutbacks along the way.

Surf was waist to chest high, with a couple of bigger ones
at times. Clean peeling peaks with a nice pocket and running wall to work with.

Only the one bank on the beach was working, and had about 12-15 on it. At least half of them pretending to be locals. Which is totes ridick as unless you’re living in one of those heritage listed beach shacks, then you’re probably from fking engadine or further.

One late middle aged ming mong, was all vocal and passive aggressive. Trying to call his mates into waves that weren’t theirs. “Everybody take a ticket” and then “Go Wazza!”

I kinda rolled my eyes thinking You and wazza can get fked because I’m on the inside and latched onto it first. Wazza didn’t take his deadbeat mates advice, so pipe down you mouthy kook.

One of the older blokes out there was on a HPs and doing well and flowing nicely for the most part. The rest of the old “core crew” on HPs all surfed like they were trying to stab at jumping frogs. Unwatchable.

Overall though a fun surf and pleasantness rating of 3 stars 🌟 🌟 🌟 out of 5.
So Loof rides a Mini Mal now?

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 12271
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:13 pm

channels wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 pm
Hatchnam wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:27 pm
Surfed garie beach with loof. I surfed my 6’4 single and he was on a nice looking NPJ 8 footer, single fin built for glide and trim. Loof caught a stack of fun peelers. I got a few nice lefts and rights. One left that went all the way to dry sand, with a series of glide run to cutbacks along the way.

Surf was waist to chest high, with a couple of bigger ones
at times. Clean peeling peaks with a nice pocket and running wall to work with.

Only the one bank on the beach was working, and had about 12-15 on it. At least half of them pretending to be locals. Which is totes ridick as unless you’re living in one of those heritage listed beach shacks, then you’re probably from fking engadine or further.

One late middle aged ming mong, was all vocal and passive aggressive. Trying to call his mates into waves that weren’t theirs. “Everybody take a ticket” and then “Go Wazza!”

I kinda rolled my eyes thinking You and wazza can get fked because I’m on the inside and latched onto it first. Wazza didn’t take his deadbeat mates advice, so pipe down you mouthy kook.

One of the older blokes out there was on a HPs and doing well and flowing nicely for the most part. The rest of the old “core crew” on HPs all surfed like they were trying to stab at jumping frogs. Unwatchable.

Overall though a fun surf and pleasantness rating of 3 stars 🌟 🌟 🌟 out of 5.
So Loof rides a Mini Mal now?
Yes, amongst his other boards, he’s also got a mid length.

They’re a more practical solution than a trad-longboard for around these parts.

And it was more pleasing to watch than some of the inefficient old man monkey pumping going down today.
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque
“Drailed” wrote:dont be like Beanpole

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 13039
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Drailed » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:13 pm

I ride waves Channells, I just choose a suitable board as my vehicle to do so.

Very pleasant day Iggy, a little crowded on that bank but still got a few fun peelers.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
Wyre
barnacle
Posts: 1543
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Wyre » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:29 pm

This is a local beach, for local surfers, we’ll have no mid lengths here!
godsavethequeen wrote:I wonder if reg is still thrashing the neighbour's elderly poodle with his wattle branch.

User avatar
Thud
Harry the Hat
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Purcho makes quality boards. No dog there.

How the fk do you make Gerri on a school day?
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 31619
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Fcuk.....apparently Garie is overrun with blow in big noters these days. It will be worse than Bondi.

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 12271
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:26 am

Nowhere is worse than Bondi. Don’t kid yourself.

And considering there’s been a swell drought for days, then finally some waves, only 12-15 people out on a kilometre long beach is still relatively uncrowded.

Had there been more than just one bank working, then the crowd would have been spread out.

Meanwhile yesterday, Bondi or maroubra would have had at least a hundred people out.
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque
“Drailed” wrote:dont be like Beanpole

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23583
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:22 am

Hatchnam wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:27 pm
The rest of the old “core crew” on HPs all surfed like they were trying to stab at jumping frogs. Unwatchable.

:lol:
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by saltman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Inside impossibles an hour off the new moon low tide
5 ft sets regularly turning the line up into corduroy
Between 8 and 12 guys on it
Occasionally someone from the middle section would sneak a ride through
steve shearer wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Loof is just projecting again, he's been eating his own semen since the age of 10.

User avatar
black duck
Owl status
Posts: 3689
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by black duck » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:34 pm

saltman wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Inside impossibles an hour off the new moon low tide
5 ft sets regularly turning the line up into corduroy
Between 8 and 12 guys on it
Occasionally someone from the middle section would sneak a ride through
Go Salty!
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

User avatar
Cranked
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6641
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Cranked » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:56 am

Heh, that's my wave. Should be better tomorrow.

Have fun salty. I'll be back in 2 weeks, bummer we miss each other.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 12271
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:08 am

Maroubra clean waist to chest high peelers. The right had a lump in it's throat but the left was reeling off like a mini pointbreak all the way to the sand.

Surfed the 6’10 rabbidge with the new 2+1 set up. Very drivey and turns felt super crisp . Can’t wait to get it into some solid overhead juice with the new fin set up.

Got there in record time. 20 mins only on a clear run. Quicker than what it would take from Bondi. Yay southern inner-Westside !!
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque
“Drailed” wrote:dont be like Beanpole

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by saltman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:38 am

Cranked wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:56 am
Heh, that's my wave. Should be better tomorrow.

Have fun salty. I'll be back in 2 weeks, bummer we miss each other.
Forecasts got it wrong
The swell appears to have peaked last evening
steve shearer wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Loof is just projecting again, he's been eating his own semen since the age of 10.

User avatar
Cranked
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6641
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Cranked » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:50 am

The day is but young, plenty of time for something to happen.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6309
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by BA » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:11 am

Hatchnam wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:08 am
Maroubra clean waist to chest high peelers. The right had a lump in it's throat but the left was reeling off like a mini pointbreak all the way to the sand.

Surfed the 6’10 rabbidge with the new 2+1 set up. Very drivey and turns felt super crisp . Can’t wait to get it into some solid overhead juice with the new fin set up.

Got there in record time. 20 mins only on a clear run. Quicker than what it would take from Bondi. Yay southern inner-Westside !!
Nice. Nothing like that over this side. Maybe waist-high at best. Super slow.

Lol southern inner-westside.
Purveyor of fine bitches since 2004.

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 12271
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:43 am

Maroubra maximises ENE swells and that hint of south was wedging a shave more size onto the left bank. Swell height at the NBs would’ve been same but this just came down to a perfectly sculpted sandbank thanks to the runout from urban stormwater drain.

🤠 💀 🌊
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque
“Drailed” wrote:dont be like Beanpole

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 31619
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Looked crap about an hour ago. Hardly breaking. Infrequent sets. Crowded. Maybe waist high in the biggest sets. More like knee high.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests