Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, beach_defender, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 25362
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Hatchnam wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:56 pm
Bondi catches plenty of south swell . And being a low period swell it was all coming in.
:-D-:

User avatar
RickyG
Owl status
Posts: 3752
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:49 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by RickyG » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 am

Had my first surf in about 6 weeks at longy yesterday. Just perfect, fun little waves on the mal. Actually surfed a little better than I normally do somehow. A great reminder why I bother doing this after a very long time of struggling with motivation.
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

brendo
barnacle
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:32 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by brendo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 pm

RickyG wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 am
Had my first surf in about 6 weeks at longy yesterday. Just perfect, fun little waves on the mal. Actually surfed a little better than I normally do somehow. A great reminder why I bother doing this after a very long time of struggling with motivation.
I got injured 3.5 weeks ago. lower back blew out 2 days after ordering 2 boards. they arrived on Friday. I had cortisone shot in spine last Tuesday.
im still fucked. id farking kill for a surf right now!

User avatar
RickyG
Owl status
Posts: 3752
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:49 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by RickyG » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:17 am

brendo wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 pm
RickyG wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 am
Had my first surf in about 6 weeks at longy yesterday. Just perfect, fun little waves on the mal. Actually surfed a little better than I normally do somehow. A great reminder why I bother doing this after a very long time of struggling with motivation.
I got injured 3.5 weeks ago. lower back blew out 2 days after ordering 2 boards. they arrived on Friday. I had cortisone shot in spine last Tuesday.
im still ****. id farking kill for a surf right now!
That must be unbearable! You'll enjoy it all the more when you finally get out there :)
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

brendo
barnacle
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:32 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by brendo » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:21 am

RickyG wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:17 am
brendo wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 pm
RickyG wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 am
Had my first surf in about 6 weeks at longy yesterday. Just perfect, fun little waves on the mal. Actually surfed a little better than I normally do somehow. A great reminder why I bother doing this after a very long time of struggling with motivation.
I got injured 3.5 weeks ago. lower back blew out 2 days after ordering 2 boards. they arrived on Friday. I had cortisone shot in spine last Tuesday.
im still ****. id farking kill for a surf right now!
That must be unbearable! You'll enjoy it all the more when you finally get out there :)
yea well I only just got cleared last year after 4yrs out with a chronic neck injury. ive lerant to manage that and thought time for new boards. now lower back decides to go. don't think ill be surfing anytime soon

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 20086
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:31 am

Ah good luck Brendo, don't give up mate, you can come back from that.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
Cranked
Owl status
Posts: 4924
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Cranked » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:29 am

I was in the water and paddling out in the dark this morning.

Glassy conditions, head to occasional double, but a wait in between, board just hissing through the water.

The whole volcanic spine of mountains was visible for a while with the sun rising behind them, magic.

No one else came out at all for over an hour. Then just a couple.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

Beerfan
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7354
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beerfan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:08 pm

brendo wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 pm
RickyG wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 am
Had my first surf in about 6 weeks at longy yesterday. Just perfect, fun little waves on the mal. Actually surfed a little better than I normally do somehow. A great reminder why I bother doing this after a very long time of struggling with motivation.
I got injured 3.5 weeks ago. lower back blew out 2 days after ordering 2 boards. they arrived on Friday. I had cortisone shot in spine last Tuesday.
im still ****. id farking kill for a surf right now!

Best of luck brendo
we are the angry mob
We read the papers everyday
We like who we like, we hate who we hate
But we're also easily swayed

brendo
barnacle
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:32 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by brendo » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Beerfan wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:08 pm
brendo wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 pm
RickyG wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 am
Had my first surf in about 6 weeks at longy yesterday. Just perfect, fun little waves on the mal. Actually surfed a little better than I normally do somehow. A great reminder why I bother doing this after a very long time of struggling with motivation.
I got injured 3.5 weeks ago. lower back blew out 2 days after ordering 2 boards. they arrived on Friday. I had cortisone shot in spine last Tuesday.
im still ****. id farking kill for a surf right now!

Best of luck brendo
thanks beery. I should be getting a xmas card feom the makers of nurofen this yr. smashed a 96 pack in under 2 months

brendo
barnacle
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:32 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by brendo » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 pm

steve shearer wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:31 am
Ah good luck Brendo, don't give up mate, you can come back from that.
just went to a new physio. my osteo is retiring soon and I cant sit in car long enough to get to him atm. seems to know his
stuff. I meant to be spending a week at the snow in 10 days, not sure how that's gunna go. low back pain is frustrating as
many of the old guys around here know! ive got those 2 webbys sitting in my room where I exercise to give me some extra motivation.
that smell of freshly sanded boards....mmmmmm!

User avatar
saltman
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3418
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by saltman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Tiny little peelers at a river mouth on my 8-1
Micro waves can be fun
crabmeat thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:40 pm
we need more doctors advocating anal sex!

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 25362
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Cranked wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:29 am
I was in the water and paddling out in the dark this morning.

Glassy conditions, head to occasional double, but a wait in between, board just hissing through the water.

The whole volcanic spine of mountains was visible for a while with the sun rising behind them, magic.

No one else came out at all for over an hour. Then just a couple.
Sounds great, Cranky.

.....and back in Bondi.....Got a tiny cover up on my mal yesterday. Beautiful conditions with very few on the bank I was on.

Nick Carroll
Duke Status
Posts: 17637
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:55 am

fcuken nuts 6'+ JBay, clean from the back all the way through. On the 6'4 AB. The shark kept the crowd down a bit, plenty of people out but only one pro, Leo F who seemed to be stoked out of his mind. The wind dropped and, well yeah you can imagine.

User avatar
offshore1
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7460
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:40 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by offshore1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:49 am

Nick, you need to get a real job, arsehole.
I've been surfing appalling knee to thigh Atlantic summer slop for what seems like decades now.
Piss off with your saffa perfection.
ajohnsen wrote: My tertiary education has been a bit like a blind woman with sudden onset diarrhea in a bathroom accessories showroom.

brendo
barnacle
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:32 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by brendo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:03 pm

offshore1 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:49 am
Nick, you need to get a real job, arsehole.
I've been surfing appalling knee to thigh Atlantic summer slop for what seems like decades now.
Piss off with your saffa perfection.
Someone's got a wee bit of sand in the vagina....

User avatar
offshore1
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7460
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:40 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by offshore1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:03 pm

An entire dune brendo.
My son just got back from a two week trip in pumping Nicaragua, Nick's having multiple orgasms, I'm longboarding in kiddy pool mush..
ajohnsen wrote: My tertiary education has been a bit like a blind woman with sudden onset diarrhea in a bathroom accessories showroom.

User avatar
Wyre
barnacle
Posts: 1270
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Wyre » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:57 pm

Near the Sea Cliff Bridge, wind coming and going with freezing results.

It was a cold water fantasy of 3-4 ft peaks on tap with a crowd of 4.

Best surf I've had in ages!
godsavethequeen wrote:I wonder if reg is still thrashing the neighbour's elderly poodle with his wattle branch.

User avatar
Davros
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8562
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:46 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Davros » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:45 pm

First time in ages I turned my back on a surf. 4 ft shutdowns. I search for a corner fir 15-20 mins. Nup

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], crabmeat thompson and 8 guests