Dave Winchester got mobbed at pipe. 12/30/05

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Sunfire

Dave Winchester got mobbed at pipe. 12/30/05

Post by Sunfire » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:28 am

Heard from a good source that Australian Bodyboarder, Dave Winchester, was mobbed by a few Volcom House regulars today at Pipe, 12/30/05. Dave Winchester "dropped in on" a set that Mark Healy caught. A few eyewitnesses agree that Mark was way too deep to it make out; Dave did not make it out himself. Mark paddled in, following Dave to shore. A few Volcom House onlookers ran down the beach, one of them being Danny Fuller with a video camera. A lifeguard signaled and pointed at Winchester. Winchester was then beaten and was brutally kicked in the face numerous times until he could get back up to run away, reported by the eyewitnesses. His board and fins were then thrown in the trash.

Is it just me, or does the majority of people who regularly roam the Volcom House give Oahu's North Shore a bad reputation? After viewing numerous video and still shot footage of Kala Alexander brutally beating people, it boggles me how he and others are not charged with copious amounts of assault, battery, and/or even attempted murder (ie. Bonus Footage, No Friends 7: Multiple Choice). And after todays incident, isn't it the lifeguards' job to watch over the beach to keep things in line and not instigate fighting? This is ridiculous. Termination for the lifeguard should be recongized by The City and County of Honolulu, as should the Honolulu Police Department for this contemptible violence.
Posted by Keola.
From Ebodyboarding forum.
:(

sunnycoastboarder
Grommet

Post by sunnycoastboarder » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:16 am

sif..they..own..the..waves..id..like..to..bash..them...hawai..***.

/smacks..another..american..in..the..mouth..for..good..measure.

I read a thread on here where this guy was saying koby abberton was surfing lefts and told him to surf rights he didn;t so he got smacked in the mouth, and all his gear stolen. topbloke heh. So to all wankers who think they own their local spot. Try this and if it happens to be me, I;ll fill ya neck with steel.

No shit, I own shark island just as much as the hardcaw locals. And..i wont hesitate to defend myself with a sharp blade. I think surfers better change their attitude of ownership before they get killed.
Moistyman.

sunnycoastboarder
Grommet

Post by sunnycoastboarder » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:36 am

cause the facts are you don't own shit. you have no rights, the waves belong to all australians. I cant wait for the day a local tries to warn me off. I'm just gonna straight out flog the pisshandles outta em. big..tough..locals..LOL. I'm buggered if my dad shot and killed ppl in the war just to have me told where i can and cannot surf.

Look at that little crybaby from cronulla riots. He was big and tough on the day, pack bashing a bloke. now he's crying cause he has to do a little time. ahahahha what a girl. so tough. Crying in court like a child, talk about true colours.
Moistyman.

greygrom
regular

Post by greygrom » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:11 am

Perhaps he got bashed for taking off too far inside and blowing the wave ....

longhurst
Grommet

Post by longhurst » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:29 am

hey man, don't go round starting shit because then that makes you just as bad... if someone is an asshole to you then u can hit them but still not every surfer is like that... i've seen a few that need to be knocked out but that incident at pipe shouldn't make u lose respect for surfers... if you are nice to them they treat you the same...
Youll only be young once... get out their and enjoy it!

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:08 pm

sunnycoastboarder wrote:sif..they..own..the..waves..id..like..to..bash..them...hawai..***.

/smacks..another..american..in..the..mouth..for..good..measure.

I read a thread on here where this guy was saying koby abberton was surfing lefts and told him to surf rights he didn;t so he got smacked in the mouth, and all his gear stolen. topbloke heh. So to all wankers who think they own their local spot. Try this and if it happens to be me, I;ll fill ya neck with steel.

No shit, I own shark island just as much as the hardcaw locals. And..i wont hesitate to defend myself with a sharp blade. I think surfers better change their attitude of ownership before they get killed.
they guy that was beaten up was my brother at suck rock, and he's more local than koby.
i can unnderstand if people take drop ins seriously at certain places, because at some places people can be killed or seriously injured.
you get blow-ins dropping on long time locals at island because it looks like they wont make the barrell, but we are good at making a barrell that doesnt look makable.
its just the way it is, if you are new to the place you have to get scraps, i and everyone that surfs island had to get scraps at one stage.
but violence isnt something i advocate.
i used to just tell people to go in if they were a danger to others.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

hogey
regular

Post by hogey » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:49 pm

jezz its one wave, pipe is epic that often why can't people just stop being harda**'s and get along... if your to deep, suck sh*t its pipe people will deffanitly drop in, but where was the help for whinny?? this is going to start another angered surfer vs bodyboarder thread isn't it?
culture yo self

stoive
barnacle

Post by stoive » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:15 pm

the volcom house is the best house in terms of position for pipe/backdoor isnt it?

wavemagnet
regular

Post by wavemagnet » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Not sure if it woulda made any difference if Winny was riding a standup (?)
He dropped in on one of 'Da Boyz' so he was going to cop it one way or another as i understand the way things work.

Doesn't make it right though. The video camera part is shockin too. it's like, "hey this'll look sick in our next Volcom Team vid... wait till I set the tripod up before you 'poun im".

The Bra Boy comparison is fair up to a point, except that their local seems to be wherever they happen to be surfing...

* Tip: best avoid the Sunny Coast, they seem to be breedin sum hardcore gangstas up there!

reggie

Post by reggie » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:12 pm

sunnycoastboarder wrote:cause the facts are you don't own shit. you have no rights, the waves belong to all australians. I cant wait for the day a local tries to warn me off. I'm just gonna straight out flog the pisshandles outta em. big..tough..locals..LOL. I'm buggered if my dad shot and killed ppl in the war just to have me told where i can and cannot surf.

Look at that little crybaby from cronulla riots. He was big and tough on the day, pack bashing a bloke. now he's crying cause he has to do a little time. ahahahha what a girl. so tough. Crying in court like a child, talk about true colours.
your a fool. why add fuel to the fire?

find another break and surf in peace.. if you want to surf looking over ur shoulder,giving locals lip, by all means go for it - just please get it on tape so we can all laugh at u :lol:

Goouch

F..K the dahui

Post by Goouch » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:45 pm

they r no better then ethnic slur goes here them guys.they attack in packs.ive seen footage of kala alexander beatinn and head buttin a guy on video an all the crowd does is watch . Dahui is scum they thing the r regulatour the no better than criminals

beck_surfs
Grommet

Post by beck_surfs » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:23 pm

sunnycoast bodyboarder you are a fucking idiot..Your post instigates just as much unneccessary tension and negative vibes as those actions displayed by the hawaians we are talking about. Please think about what you are saying and doing. We are out there to surf and have fun.

Sharing is caring..

petelev4
Local

Post by petelev4 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:00 pm

poor winny

pony_fag
regular

Post by pony_fag » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:40 pm

Thats just fucking lame, it was just one wave, and for it to happen to winny, from what ive been told hes an absolute champ,real nice guy.

bc
charger

Post by bc » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:31 am

Violence can never be condoned,
but the justifications from the boys at the volcom house are valid.

Seen Tamayo Perry's head? 50 staples, 30 stitches
-cos some guy couldn't get out the way.
(see the feb 06 surfing life)

Gerry Lopez wearing a colostomy bag for a year
- cos some guy dropped in.

Malik Joyeaux - dead on an 8' wave
-noones fault, but a reminder of the power of this place.

You've all heard the stories,
Johnny Boy Gomes has been thumping people for years just for looking at him,
So you go drop in on a wave - even if you think he wasn't going to make it?
What do you think will happen?!

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:56 am

bc wrote: Gerry Lopez wearing a colostomy bag for a year
- cos some guy dropped in.
I didn't know about that. When did that happen?

bc
charger

Post by bc » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:27 am

I read about it in one of the surf mags about 2 years ago.
(Maybe in the Surfer mag interview with Kala Alexander?)
-Can anyone find a source?
(I couldn't find a reference to it on the net)

reggie

Post by reggie » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:22 pm

guard wrote:Well what if you knew the reef inside and out, surfed it from the age of 13
and your now 27.You surf it from 2ft to 12ft, when its cold, when its lowtide, you even surf it at night sometimes.
You know people, the pros know you, you have earnt respect for your efforts and skills.
Now some gronk comes along without any of that trying to snake you.
Sorry locals/regulars wont let that happen.
Agreed.

But on the violence side of it;

What if a young father down the street decides he wants to learn to surf. He isnt too sure on it all, and drops in a few times etc. So he's carked it up a few times, gets yelled at and he learnt his lesson. It isn't neccesarry to kick the shit out of him.

Some heads can be cracked in certain circumstances, but not on every occassion, generally a few words will send most people off anyway...