Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Fri May 31, 2019 6:35 pm

buddy wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:05 pm
Cyclone wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:52 pm
godsavethequeen wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:07 pm
You’re saying you need sealed seams because the air is cold even though the water is boiling. I’m saying you don’t. Clearer?
Don't forget you're talking to a hood wearer.

Even at dawn, I'm only just out of boardies and rashie and into a spring suit.
Have a look at the ballina obs for apparent temp this morning compared to Tewantin.
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN60801 ... 4596.shtml
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ60801 ... 4570.shtml
Meh! :mrgreen:
It was 6° at Moffs.
Shame it was flat. :-o
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Slobadan Madicubich
Harry the Hat

Post by Slobadan Madicubich » Fri May 31, 2019 6:36 pm

Last edited by Slobadan Madicubich on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Fri May 31, 2019 6:37 pm

Oh I'm not crotchety. You probably can't detect it, being on the inside and all, but if left unmolested the Australian surfer has a grave tendency toward self-satisfaction when gathered en masse and without dissenting voices. My role is to prick your collective pomposity, make you justify your lazy assertions
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:48 pm
To tell the truth eggs are one thing I avoid buying when I’m grocery shopping. So you may say I’m an intermittent egg buyer who usually lets someone else buy them.

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Fri May 31, 2019 6:39 pm

Slobadan Madicubich wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:36 pm
Climate change seems to have had an enormous impact on the NSW FNC.
Or some of the residents are very soft and precious
:-D-:
It's not just us on the NC.
Wyre wears a 4/3 in the Illawarra and is still cold.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Fri May 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Water down here is still warm as
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri May 31, 2019 6:44 pm

godsavethequeen wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:37 pm
Oh I'm not crotchety. You probably can't detect it, being on the inside and all, but if left unmolested the Australian surfer has a grave tendency toward self-satisfaction when gathered en masse and without dissenting voices. My role is to prick your collective pomposity, make you justify your lazy assertions
Gathered en masse?

It's just you me, Buddy and Trev.

It's cute you collectivise us.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Fri May 31, 2019 6:48 pm

So, about those seams....
Beanpole wrote:
To tell the truth eggs are one thing I avoid buying when I’m grocery shopping. So you may say I’m an intermittent egg buyer who usually lets someone else buy them.

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Fri May 31, 2019 6:48 pm

Is there an online forum where Welsh surfers gather en masse?

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Fri May 31, 2019 6:51 pm

The late great BBC Wales surf website you mean? Sadly no longer with us. Man, now that was an online surf forum
Beanpole wrote:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri May 31, 2019 6:54 pm

God knows how the Welsh surfer conducts himself when gathered en masse.

A surface loses heat through conduction, evaporation, convection, and radiation.[1] The rate of convection depends on both the difference in temperature between the surface and the fluid surrounding it and the velocity of that fluid with respect to the surface. As convection from a warm surface heats the air around it, an insulating boundary layer of warm air forms against the surface. Moving air disrupts this boundary layer, or epiclimate, allowing for cooler air to replace the warm air against the surface. The faster the wind speed, the more readily the surface cools.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Fri May 31, 2019 6:55 pm

Welsh surfing forum. Lol. Full of discussions about gath hats and webbed finger paddle gloves I bet
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri May 31, 2019 6:55 pm

godsavethequeen wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:51 pm
The late great BBC Wales surf website you mean? Sadly no longer with us. Man, now that was an online surf forum
They should all join Realsurf.
I can add a Wales section.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri May 31, 2019 6:56 pm

Hatchnam wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:55 pm
Welsh surfing forum. Lol. Full of discussions about gath hats and webbed finger paddle gloves I bet
And car pooling weekends from Swansea down to the Gower.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Fri May 31, 2019 7:01 pm

steve shearer wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:54 pm

A surface loses heat through conduction, evaporation, convection, and radiation.[1] The rate of convection depends on both the difference in temperature between the surface and the fluid surrounding it and the velocity of that fluid with respect to the surface. As convection from a warm surface heats the air around it, an insulating boundary layer of warm air forms against the surface. Moving air disrupts this boundary layer, or epiclimate, allowing for cooler air to replace the warm air against the surface. The faster the wind speed, the more readily the surface cools.

Yes yes, but you're covered in neoprene of the same thickness whether you have sealed or unsealed seams. Where flatlock and overlock fall down in cold water is that the insulating layer of water is compromised by ingress at the seams as well as ankles, neck and wrists, so you get colder much quicker. When it's knocking on for body temperature whether your seams are sealed is neither here nor there
Beanpole wrote:

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Fri May 31, 2019 7:05 pm

Hatchnam wrote:
There was certainly an awful lot of discussion about perfecting your pop up and the best minimal for a beginner
Beanpole wrote:

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Fri May 31, 2019 7:08 pm

Cyclone wrote:
godsavethequeen wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:51 pm
They should all join Realsurf.
I can add a Wales section.
I wouldn't be the only gay in the village then though Trev
Beanpole wrote:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri May 31, 2019 7:13 pm

I wouldn’t worry about it god save, lets face it most surf websites are increasingly resembling that pic of people jammed up each other’s arses on Everest

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri May 31, 2019 7:16 pm

godsavethequeen wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:01 pm
steve shearer wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:54 pm

Yes yes, but you're covered in neoprene of the same thickness whether you have sealed or unsealed seams. Where flatlock and overlock fall down in cold water is that the insulating layer of water is compromised by ingress at the seams as well as ankles, neck and wrists, so you get colder much quicker. When it's knocking on for body temperature whether your seams are sealed is neither here nor there
Incorrect.