Sunny Garcia

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Gumby
regular

Sunny Garcia

Post by Gumby » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Apparently in critical condition in hospital.
??

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Sunny Garcia

Post by Drailed » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Yes, its true.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Sunny tried to kill himself. He may still have succeeded. He’s been battling depression for a long time. It’s a real bastard, he had plenty to live for but you just can’t see that at the time.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:00 pm

if so, he clearly failed. if you can post to insta fr a hospital bed, yr doin' ok.

but, didn't he have a head on with a texting driver?

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:12 pm

You might wanna check your facts NPL
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:56 pm

Just the dates.
NPL the car accident was 2 years ago.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Wed May 01, 2019 8:21 am

aw shit. yeah, my bad.
i went hastily from the current, unspecified story on stab, to that one reporting the car incident a few years ago.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed May 01, 2019 9:25 am

Yeah I only knew because I did the same, but not from Stab.

The car crash was in 2016, so 3 years ago.

I know it's not really the time, but the outlines of Sunny's boards in some of the images in the tribute articles look so good.

Wyre
Owl status

Post by Wyre » Wed May 01, 2019 9:28 am

A friend (not close, but still) tried to take his life recently- 10 Temazepan and a bottle of vodka- but put up a tiny slurry message on FB which was enough to alert someone.

He's ok (recovering) and very, very thankful to be alive.

I hope SG pulls through.
Sniff wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am
I remember some wheelchair xylophonist getting all macho about how he liked to smash absolutely heaps of Weetbix before a hard day's roofing

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed May 01, 2019 5:43 pm

is that a nice way to go temazepan and vodka? the more i get into gardening the more i look at dirt and think yeah baby i'm coming for you.

Wyre
Owl status

Post by Wyre » Thu May 02, 2019 8:42 am

Lucky Al wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:43 pm
is that a nice way to go temazepan and vodka? the more i get into gardening the more i look at dirt and think yeah baby i'm coming for you.
I don't know. Probably...float off, I guess.

Don't you go digging too deep in that garden LA!
Sniff wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am
I remember some wheelchair xylophonist getting all macho about how he liked to smash absolutely heaps of Weetbix before a hard day's roofing

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Thu May 02, 2019 5:14 pm

I think also the gardening might just keep me hanging in there - because I want to see what the trees I've planted look like in 50 years.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Lucky Al wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 5:14 pm
I think also the gardening might just keep me hanging in there - because I want to see what the trees I've planted look like in 50 years.
I have a similar thing AL, it's something i've been doing on and off for a while now. I've planted quite a few trees over the last 30 or 40 years, maybe 400 - 500 or so and i'm always wanting to see how they look, how they interact with an environment over time. I've planted a few on nature strips in sydney where i've lived, and a quite a lot on a property i lived on with my dad in the 80's on the north coast. I have a couple of pics.

The first pic is an Aus red cedar tree out the front of our old house in redfern. I planted this in about 1992 and it just took off, it grew metres in the first few months and never looked back. This pic is from 5 or 6 years ago, mid winter. Red cedar (toonis australis) is one of Australia's few deciduous trees. The tree trunk and roots have grown so large it's fcuked the services in the street a number of times and lifted the footpath. So good. Theres also a couple of eucalypts in the pocket park behind the house that i planted which are pretty big now but i don't have pics of them.

The next one is a tree i planted with my dad when i was about 14 years old out the front of the first pub he bought in Waterloo. Can't remember what flavour eucalyptus It is. It would be around 40 years old now. It's the biggest tree in the street.

This one was supposed to be a Moreton Bay Fig i planted in about 1985 but i think it may be a Port Jackson fig. It's hard to tell the difference when they're young with only a couple of juvenile leaves. I was hoping it was going to spread out like the Morton Bay figs in Sydney's parks but it has had a bit of competition so it's grown quite tall. I'm hoping it will stretch out and relax over time, once it starts to dominate the spot it's in. The tree on the left is a Mango my dad and i planted around the same time. It has good fruit. The palms on the right my dad planted, i had nothing to do with them.

In this last shot i planted every tree you can see, all the way back (except the little ones that have self seeded that are a metre or 2 tall). These were planted in the mid 80's as well. Quite a few species: Brushbox, Blackbutt, Turpentine, White Cedar, Rose wood, Silky Oak and a few others. Problem was there was a long drought not long after they were planted so we had to bucket water them for nearly 2 years before the rains came and they started to grow properly. Most of the trees i've planted were on this property which was steep in parts and suffering a bit of land slip. The trees have helped stabilise the dirt over time.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:20 pm

Nice work bd.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri May 03, 2019 5:31 am

epic BD.

how did you plant trees into a concrete footpath?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri May 03, 2019 5:43 am

BD. Australia's Johnny Appleseed
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri May 03, 2019 7:38 am

I love trees.....and I hate oversized trees being planted in urban environments. There are plenty of great trees that don't get so big they rip up the Fcuking utilities in the street. A major hassle to get council to allow you cutting them down.

We have had to campaign to get a paperbark cut down planted in the next door neighbours front yard by previous owners. Ficus cut down also by different departing owners that covered three backyards and got into the pipes and finally got the jacaranda on the other side cut back. There's a bay tree they planted down the back that's three stories high and sends out suckers everywhere.

Paperbarks had to be replaced according to council so the new owners bought.....a ficus. Now covers their entire front yard.

We've, got palms, hibiscus, camellias, native gardenias and tree ferns and understory ground cover so I'm not anti plant but sheeessh.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Fri May 03, 2019 7:57 am

steve shearer wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:31 am
epic BD.

how did you plant trees into a concrete footpath?
For the red cedar there was a small cracked piece in the footpath so i got out my angle grinder and turned it into a small square hole, about 350mm. The tree did the rest, causing Council to make the hole bigger as the trunk thickened.

The other one already had a hole in the concrete, maybe there had been a previous tree planted that died as a sapling, not sure.
Others have been on nature strips.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet