Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by alakaboo » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 pm

No Pants Lance wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:11 pm
5! yrs to the day i rocked up with beers on the point eh Shep after taking in Byron w the 'boo.
great time that was.
Was just saying today I will have one of those sugarcane juice drinks tomorrow.

I've had 5 surfs in the last 36 hours, gorging myself before the famine, managing to find some fun amongst the madness each time.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Out the front. No banks. Everywhere crowded like christmas holidays, people, just people, leaving their dog shit baggies on the track, you fcuking low life retards. Why bag it then dump it on the track? Cleaned up sub human's mess.
Anyway, managed to get 3 or 4 that decided not to close out. even managed to fluff 2 end section lay back hacks that felt like Dane while i was doing them, in my imagination at least. Went home and cut out 2 spoons from the last bit of brush box floor board left in the garage store. Finished one before friends and wine got in the way.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:30 pm

Speaking of crowd annoyance, front page on the local paper today, this area is among the 50 fastest growing places in the United States. The mayor and various others who were interviewed thought that was just about the greatest news ever

Kill me now.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:23 am

offshore1 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:30 pm
Speaking of crowd annoyance, front page on the local paper today, this area is among the 50 fastest growing places in the United States. The mayor and various others who were interviewed thought that was just about the greatest news ever

Kill me now.
Oh yeah.
We have a mayor like that.
Tourism. Tourism. Tourism.
And keep finding ways to ignore the building height restrictions.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 am

Cyclone wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:23 am
offshore1 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:30 pm

Kill me now.
Oh yeah.
We have a mayor like that.
Tourism. Tourism. Tourism.
And keep finding ways to ignore the building height restrictions.
Same as our council. Just keep approving big developments. At least we’ve got the B Line :roll:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:31 am

we are being tortured here.

fourth day in a row of 20 knot straight onshores ripping the guts out of the best swell of the autumn.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am

Bumped up nicely down south this morning. Swell has a bit of grunt and glassed off once the morning sickness disappeared. Turned to shit right on the cusp of high tide though and the nor easter is now up.
smnmntll wrote:

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:37 pm

The late surf this arvo was tragic. Prolly 20 out, slow fading swell so not many waves, nor east wind which was cross off but the swell was so slow we were all sitting around like ducks in a pond. The mal riders were being greedy and paddling for everything, as usual. Fcuking hipster mal dudes everywhere, there's a thing. No leggy 20 something dudes with beards on mals doing weird style shit they think looks cool, i don't know. Easter crowds have been insane down here. More people than christmas hols. It's berserk. All the locals are winging about dinged boards from being run over by kooks. It's fcuking mayhem, like the pass on a crowded day. Been finding other spots that are less crowded, pretty sketchy wave wise but as soon as you paddle out and get a few everyone watching just thinks its a free for all and hit it so it becomes untenable.
smnmntll wrote:

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:35 pm

black duck wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:37 pm
The late surf this arvo was tragic. Prolly 20 out, slow fading swell so not many waves, nor east wind which was cross off but the swell was so slow we were all sitting around like ducks in a pond. The mal riders were being greedy and paddling for everything, as usual. Fcuking hipster mal dudes everywhere, there's a thing. No leggy 20 something dudes with beards on mals doing weird style shit they think looks cool, i don't know. Easter crowds have been insane down here. More people than christmas hols. It's berserk. All the locals are winging about dinged boards from being run over by kooks. It's fcuking mayhem, like the pass on a crowded day. Been finding other spots that are less crowded, pretty sketchy wave wise but as soon as you paddle out and get a few everyone watching just thinks its a free for all and hit it so it becomes untenable.
I feel for you. I went to the same spot this morning and the swell had faded. It wasn't a touch on yesterday. And I pitied the lone surfer yesterday. By the time I paddled out there were 8 people in the line up. Don't think I'll be heading to the campsite near yours soonish.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:27 am

black duck wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:37 pm
Can’t blame them, it’s not like there’s hundreds of other surfable waves between Sydney and there lol

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:27 pm

Well this has been depressing reading guys. I'm just back from about the best run of swell I've ever had on the Mid North Coast. I'm totally fcuked with sore shoulders from paddling.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Wyre
Owl status

Post by Wyre » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Nothing too challenging I hope, BP?
Sniff wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am
I remember some wheelchair xylophonist getting all macho about how he liked to smash absolutely heaps of Weetbix before a hard day's roofing

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:54 pm

Took a lot of bombs on the head last weekend. Eight wave sets. Still a few head high sets for the first half of this week.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:35 pm

The late this arvo down south was fun as fcuk. Bout 4-5 ft fairly solid at the local swell magnet beachy, lined up and consistent, about 8-10 guys out and the LAGO helping to clean up conditions dramatically. The late autumnal sun was just catching the feathering of the sets, giving them an orange glow.
smnmntll wrote:

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:00 pm

Wow, it’s waist high here.

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:28 pm

black duck wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:35 pm
The late this arvo down south was fun as fcuk. Bout 4-5 ft fairly solid at the local swell magnet beachy, lined up and consistent, about 8-10 guys out and the LAGO helping to clean up conditions dramatically. The late autumnal sun was just catching the feathering of the sets, giving them an orange glow.
And this is what we live for.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Luckily I was in Newie toaday.
Nice blue sky barrels everywhere
Erase.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:07 pm

Looked like a good swell direction for Newie TSM , would've been good all day there i imagine, given the light winds.
smnmntll wrote: