Kelly's wave.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Kelly's wave.

Post by Drailed » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Nick wont be back for a little while. He is dissapointed in himself for snapping but still in the early days of acceptance where he will be trying to justify it. His head will be a conflicting place to be right now.

The internet is a particularly difficult place to navigate for the older ones.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Behind that walnut exterior beats a heart of pure emotion
Erase.

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Drailed wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 am
Surfing wavepools be like rooting prostitutes. Sure you get to have another turn but its nothing like the real thing and probably leave you feeling a little but dirty.
only a hooker rooter knows the feeling.....
so that's how it feels hey loofy??

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:08 pm

brendo wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:06 pm
Drailed wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 am
Surfing wavepools be like rooting prostitutes. Sure you get to have another turn but its nothing like the real thing and probably leave you feeling a little but dirty.
only a hooker rooter knows the feeling.....
so that's how it feels hey loofy??
Brendo ya mad cnut. Whats happening, you been heaps frothing aye?

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Brendo ya froffer... where u been? Newy Inn?

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:30 am

Drailed wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:39 pm
Nick wont be back for a little while. He is dissapointed in himself for snapping but still in the early days of acceptance where he will be trying to justify it. His head will be a conflicting place to be right now.

There's nothing wrong with passion loof. I think we all know that realsurf is a better place for nick's contributions
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:48 pm
To tell the truth eggs are one thing I avoid buying when I’m grocery shopping. So you may say I’m an intermittent egg buyer who usually lets someone else buy them.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:07 am

But there's no way in hell Nick's gonna share his weekend comp trials and tribulations with us now that his four oz. cloth pro ego has been pressure dinged.,
Thanks a lot god save the queen.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

aaarating
regular

Post by aaarating » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:36 am

Its a bit quaint to adopt a 'Luddite' approach and suggest there must never be a place for a technology that is able to produce a high quality 'artificial' wave. What about 'artificial' reefs and constructed breakwalls that use both nature and engineering (sometimes by design and sometimes by fluke) to produce surfable waves. FFS the whole 'superbank' thing really only comes on by reason of massive sand engineering and mother nature's occasional cooperation. The spectacle of monster wave riding (probably not correct to call it surfing) invariably relies on jet ski technology.
If you want a comparison of any KS wavepark type revolution then snow sports could be a reasonable base to start from.
You want to be 'purist' then you will only ever be a chook footer cutting new trails on your x-country skis. You want downhill alpine/snowboarding then you pay to get towed or lifted up a mountain that has been groomed or you can go back country and walk. You want slalom courses, border cross or parks/jumps/half pipes etc. Really great exponents are able do it all but will have a preference of their 'very best day' recollections. For most surfers, their very 'best day' would and will probably never be a session in a wavepark. But they will inevitably have a role to play in surfing particularly as a sport - rather than a 'lifestyle' - despite the passion and personal protestations.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:38 am

godsavethequeen wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:30 am
Drailed wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:39 pm

There's nothing wrong with passion loof. I think we all know that realsurf is a better place for nick's contributions

Absolutely, Nick is a passionate man. Thats why we all love him.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm kind of surprised at the intensity of negative emotions about something that's not even near the coast. If you don't like the idea of wave pools then the easy solution is to not go to them. Hopefully people will go to them in droves and the beaches will be empty. I guess The Olympics is the real rationale for this type of set up.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:02 pm

offshore1 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:07 am
But there's no way in hell Nick's gonna share his weekend comp trials and tribulations with us now that his four oz. cloth pro ego has been pressure dinged.,
jeez you go away and do some work and see who your mates are eh

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Don't troll east coasters in spring. Cnut act.

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:41 pm

Nick, I read somewhere the WSL are going to hold a contest next May, is it going to be part of the WCT? & if so, how fcuk are they going to score it? Seriously, are the WSL trying to make surfing, a simple sport, just way more complicated than it actually is? For me, it's getting more like pro wrestling, just scripted drama about nothing.

The best wave I saw on my Insta was MF on a 5'3 fish, perhaps that's the future: top 32 have 6 waves, 3 forehand, 3 backhand, top 3 count for a score out 60, they must catch 2 waves on a fish, single fin and to please the masses a thruster.

Still a shit fight but a more interesting shit fight.
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:15 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:02 pm
offshore1 wrote:
Yes, they can get quite catty can't they.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:30 pm

JaM71 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:41 pm
Nick, I read somewhere the WSL are going to hold a contest next May, is it going to be part of the WCT? & if so, how fcuk are they going to score it? Seriously, are the WSL trying to make surfing, a simple sport, just way more complicated than it actually is? For me, it's getting more like pro wrestling, just scripted drama about nothing.

The best wave I saw on my Insta was MF on a 5'3 fish, perhaps that's the future: top 32 have 6 waves, 3 forehand, 3 backhand, top 3 count for a score out 60, they must catch 2 waves on a fish, single fin and to please the masses a thruster.

Still a shit fight but a more interesting shit fight.
ha ha well as I understand it right now, it's just a specialty event, not a CT

There's probably a lot of shit being talked right now among the CT rules crew about how to judge a wave pool event, the problem I guess is that can you have some events run one way and then this random one in a pool done totally differently, and they both count toward CT points?

I've been doing other stuff so haven't paid it much attention yet re inside info etc, but I am pretty sure that crew would be wigging right now.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
offshore1 wrote:
Hey don't give me that. I with good reason thought that GSTQ had hurt your feelings.
Happy to see all's well. Hope you enjoyed the comp.
Love you long time.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:24 pm

offshore1 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:18 pm
Nick Carroll wrote:
offshore1 wrote:
Hey don't give me that. I with good reason thought that GSTQ had hurt your feelings.
Happy to see all's well. Hope you enjoyed the comp.
Love you long time.
I should have put some sort of emoji on that! also love. I love everyone, even gstq. I would have slapped him then we would have hugged and cried.

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:31 pm

GSTQ would have started off with that surprised look on his face just like Mick when Andy slapped him, but morphing into a look of confusion and disbelief as the man hug reached its apogee.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan