tumbleweed the extended australia trip

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Re: tumbleweed the extended australia trip

Post by Davros » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:52 pm

Nah just until it settles

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:45 pm

Jeez you are due for some good luck soon digger surely. Rest up mate, hope you improve soon.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:00 pm

All the best, digger. Not comparable, but my shoulder is fcuked. Osteoarthritis. MRI nearly two years ago. Surgeon said I'd be back within 2 years due to the pain. I have mobic (NSAI), panadeine forte and endone scripts. Also been having cortisone injections - last was about a month ago. Thing is, I rarely take the drugs. I did a meditation course (hi, skip) a few months ago. Has helped incredibly. The chronic pain is (sort of) welcome. Still fcuken hate the acute. Surgeon's plans are a couple of cleanouts which will perhaps last two years each and then a brand new shoulder. He expects me back in Feb. I'm aiming to go past that. New shoulder life span is 7 years and they can only do it twice. I'm hoping for advances before I'm there. AND, thinking about that type of surgery scares the fcuk out of me. Very invasive and, thanks to the likes of beanpole and his fcuken quack doctor, antibiotics are fast losing their sting. The surgery and rehab are daunting enough, but potential for infection is the real horror show
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Digger, I have seriously degenerative discs in my lower back and have dome since my early 20's. Also a spur growing on one of the vertebrae. Which fortunately isn't pinching anything.
In my 20s and 30s I would get the crippling pain something like you describe. The only good thing was it would last a few days then go away as quickly as it came, so I assume some sort of nerve pinching going on.
Then, in my early 40s it pretty much went away. I get occasional aches, most likely more muscular than anything, but for some reason the really bad stuff doesn't happen any more. I had xrays done last year and the lower back is in as bad a condition as it ever was.
Weird.
So, like you say, I take every day as a bonus.
Hang in there, mate.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:35 pm

Trev, "the hits you like a hammer then goes again as quickly" applies to me as well. Yesterday I was nearly in tears and sick in the stomach with pain. I sat bolt upright for 6 hours not moving and when I stood I felt something move and it's eased considerably, this particular ongoing issue is located right on my spine and past the top of my hips heading south. I have further out disc issues that flare up from surfing or lifting. The former I think is from regular slow moving disc slippage due to bad posture.

South West, I had PRP in my elbow after a cortisone shot wore off and every prick told me it wouldn't work. It fucking worked and it isn't placebo. I am a cycnic and sceptic by nature so was super stoked it made a difference. I think most older sportsman know their bodies well and can tell when it's rest or treatment that resolve issues.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:44 pm

swvic wrote:All the best, digger. Not comparable, but my shoulder is fcuked. Osteoarthritis. MRI nearly two years ago. Surgeon said I'd be back within 2 years due to the pain. I have mobic (NSAI), panadeine forte and endone scripts. Also been having cortisone injections - last was about a month ago. Thing is, I rarely take the drugs. I did a meditation course (hi, skip) a few months ago. Has helped incredibly. The chronic pain is (sort of) welcome. Still fcuken hate the acute. Surgeon's plans are a couple of cleanouts which will perhaps last two years each and then a brand new shoulder. He expects me back in Feb. I'm aiming to go past that. New shoulder life span is 7 years and they can only do it twice. I'm hoping for advances before I'm there. AND, thinking about that type of surgery scares the fcuk out of me. Very invasive and, thanks to the likes of beanpole and his fcuken quack doctor, antibiotics are fast losing their sting. The surgery and rehab are daunting enough, but potential for infection is the real horror show
Yeah, infection added 4 months to my rehab. Went back after antibiotics and the surgeon took one look and said " I'll need to reopen that tomorrow, it needs washing out". Afterwards he said that if stays in the joint too long it starts to eat the cartilage etc. Judging by the very relieved look on his face I got lucky.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Are you freakin serious. I remember a kiwi footy player who broke his arm and the infection had a good nibble at the bone. Nasty.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:50 pm

Yeah mate, was devastated. I wanted the wires taken out as soon as possible, which was 12 months. I saw him right on 12 months and he booked me in. Supposed to be routine surgery to remove the wires and pins, 2 week recovery. Private hospital and I got an infection. First post op doc sees the scar and gives me antibiotics, thinking it's just the scar. It gets better for a week or two and I start rehabbing, again lol. Then after a week it just blows up like crazy, swollen etc. Got an appt with doc and the rest is history.

That's why I've spent this year squatting and deadlifting instead of looking for waves. Right thigh is getting bigger but still lagging behind the left. Much stronger now, but can't quite run yet.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:02 pm

Jesus

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Davros wrote:Jesus
won't help

Scary shit. For me, they intend cutting my upper arm off to remove the humeral head (ball) and replacing it with a prosthetic. Next, they expose the socket, clean it out, attach a new socket by drilling several holes. Then they put me back together. Long exposure. Scares the fcuk out of me

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:43 pm

:shock:

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:24 pm

swvic wrote:
won't help

Scary shit. For me, they intend cutting my upper arm off to remove the humeral head (ball) and replacing it with a prosthetic. Next, they expose the socket, clean it out, attach a new socket by drilling several holes. Then they put me back together. Long exposure. Scares the fcuk out of me
Fcuking hell Swiv, if it's not your arse it's your shoulder. Good luck however it goes.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:06 am

Yeah, if there was a tard body part of the year comp, I'd again be a serious contender

Thanks for the sentiment, but I feel like I'm in a better situation than digger

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:45 am

swvic wrote:
won't help

Jesus !!

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:05 am

Harden up you bunch of old sissies.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am

Really don't think you have much to worry about swvic. Did a quick google search of shoulder replacement in oz and it came up sweet:

marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:24 am

looks like they do far more than shoulders too..
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:25 am

Leave our public health system alone Offy