Sth Coast NSW

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Sth Coast NSW

Post by swvic » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Heading that way for a couple of weeks. Probably leaving here on Sunday or Monday. Driving. Me and mrs swvic

Pambula, Merimbula, Tathra, Bermagui, Narooma. Not sure if we'll get further than that, but might depending on enjoyment/engagement factor

Any advice re things to do, places to stay, surf, fish, etc. welcomed. Mostly be staying in cabins/motels, but will take a bit of camping gear. If there's enough at any one place to keep mrs swvic happy on her own for a few days, I will hit up some out of the way places to surf. Cheers
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Sth Coast NSW

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Send Otway1949 a pm. He's at Merimbula and a good bloke.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Thought of that, Trev, but he hasn't been about for a while now. Probably off surfing somewhere exotic. He's quite well travelled

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:36 pm

swvic wrote:Thought of that, Trev, but he hasn't been about for a while now. Probably off surfing somewhere exotic. He's quite well travelled
He'll be there, more than likely. He frequents and mods another surf forum. We pm occasionally.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Otway is still around. Knee problems and has bought a knee board but still in the water.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:07 pm

Which forum does he moderate Trevor? Is it this one?

http://hulkhogan.com
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:10 pm

jimmy wrote:Which forum does he moderate Trevor? Is it this one?

http://hulkhogan.com
I'm not clicking on that.
It's a surf site. Think it's based overseas somewhere. I always forget the name.
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:14 pm

But it comes up in a Google search for surfing forums.
Beanpole

Skipper

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:18 pm

Lol, jimmy. Would have sent a pm already, but work situation has had me on the phone and email all night. Yeah, just sent an email minutes ago - AND I'M ON FCUKING LEAVE

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:39 pm

Surfed at Blackfellas point, just north of potato point. Good waves if the sand is right and great camping ground with heap of cabins.

Congo is good too, Like beacon. Good national park camping ground at the river mouth a short walk to the surf.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:04 am

Cheers, crustt. Will certainly take that advice. Will be mostly cabins, but also taking a tent and a swag for a couple of solo nights should the situation call for it

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:28 am

Drop into Port Albert for a cuppa.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks for the invite, Shaun, but won't be south of Traralgon this time. Port Albert, really? Know a retired couple there. Good for fishing, but a bit of travel for good surf?

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:02 am

Central to all coasts and the outa banks of Port Albert go off. :-)Big westerly swell with the backwash off the west coast of flinders island,but keep that under your hat :wink:

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Otway is still around and yes moderates on another forum.
Happy to be PMed by anyone passing through!
Currently recovering from a radical Prostatectomy by a robot called Da Vinci for a pretty aggressive Prostate cancer....
The surgery went well but had a major heart event in recovery ( Atrial Fibrillation ).
Still waiting for pathology clearance of the cancer , two weeks to a PSA which hopefully will be clear and then another six weeks to another if both clear all is good if not radiotherapy!!!!!

Treated my own knees prior to this and came good in Lombok last year but have designed a bonzer knee board and setting it up for deep videoing. :-? I just scared myself the deep videoing is about surfing , no segway to anything else
Very wobbly ATM as the heart thing was the equivalent of running 5 marathons , I'm home and recovering well. :-D-:
Last edited by otway1949 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:38 pm

Thanks otway.
Beanpole

Skipper

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:26 am

All the best to you otts.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:23 am

Hope you recover soon mate.