bonzers.....the quad fad is over

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Re: bonzers.....the quad fad is over

Post by Drailed » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Yeah, I bought it unused but second hand for half price.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:11 pm

That's well worth it - new, half price and apparently his boards are near impossible to get.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:30 pm

He's a douche but that is one stylish turn

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Davros wrote:He's a douche but that is one stylish turn
You're going to hipster hell for that comment - where they only ever serve nescafe blend 43 and white toast with margarine...
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Say it isn't so Batoes I couldn't live without my organic ginger and pumpkin seed loaf for $12 a slice (TSND)

Anyone ridden a Joel Fitz Seagypsy? Noticed he was shaping with Purcho at Snapper during the comp. I have a very similar Mick Mackie shaped about 7 years ago and no one would have dared thought about shaping a plan shape like that back then. Love the board. I asked Mick what he was thinking with the design and he said it was an old school 70s hybrid and great all rounder design. He was right

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:58 pm

Davros wrote:Say it isn't so Batoes I couldn't live without my organic ginger and pumpkin seed loaf for $12 a slice (TSND)

Anyone ridden a Joel Fitz Seagypsy? Noticed he was shaping with Purcho at Snapper during the comp. I have a very similar Mick Mackie shaped about 7 years ago and no one would have dared thought about shaping a plan shape like that back then. Love the board. I asked Mick what he was thinking with the design and he said it was an old school 70s hybrid and great all rounder design. He was right
My fav board the last two years has been the MLV - which has a very similar shape to the Seagypsy - Joel does some nice looking boards, but that is by far my favourite. You still got the mackie?
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Keen on trying a MLV - yeah Mackie on loan to a mate but I'm going to grab for Autumn as its one of those boards to chase a decent sized runner

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:32 am

I've got the 5'10" mlv that I could be putting up for sale so don't buy a new one before letting me know.
Can't get off my DVS wasp long enough to give the mlv another go to see whether I want to keep it or not.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:35 am

Ok thanks Cuttie. I was speaking to a guy with a Wasp, they look amazing. He was complaining it wasn't as good a paddler as he'd hoped, saying that I had a feeling he wasn't exactly Kelly Slater level. How's yours paddle Cuttie?

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:04 am

I've had 2 and they were both really good paddlers.
My first one (6'3") I bought off gumtree in surfed once condition and was too much foam when I was 92-95 kgs. However it was a great wave catcher and still surfed well but once I jumped on my much lower volumed cv2 I really felt the extra foam when surfing the wasp.
My 6' wasp I have now feels the perfect size for me at 86- 88kgs and it paddles in the flats great. Perfect amount of foam under the chest and it paddles into waves with the early planing that I look for.
It's my favourite fish that I've owned. Run it with the Mitchell Rae switchblades when its 3' plus and CI twins and Indo controller rears when its smaller.
Flies across flat sections, goes vertical and loves it when its hollower.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:44 am

Cuttlefish wrote:I've had 2 and they were both really good paddlers.
My first one (6'3") I bought off gumtree in surfed once condition and was too much foam when I was 92-95 kgs. However it was a great wave catcher and still surfed well but once I jumped on my much lower volumed cv2 I really felt the extra foam when surfing the wasp.
My 6' wasp I have now feels the perfect size for me at 86- 88kgs and it paddles in the flats great. Perfect amount of foam under the chest and it paddles into waves with the early planing that I look for.
It's my favourite fish that I've owned. Run it with the Mitchell Rae switchblades when its 3' plus and CI twins and Indo controller rears when its smaller.
Flies across flat sections, goes vertical and loves it when its hollower.
Hey Davros - grab this board if Cuttles is selling. I had another epic session on my MLV this morning. Such a good board - super fast and loose. You won't be doing front side airs or smashing lips to pieces, but for trim, glide and cutties - nothing comes close in my eclectic quiver.

Ps. - thank the maker for autumn...west winds and glassy swell. :B
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Thanks Batoes for feedback, yes Autumn is the shit

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Autumn is the best season, no competition. The heat in the day is glorious and the cool breeze at night is perfect for sleeping. It really is the perfect climate. My absolute favourite time of year.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:20 pm

Absolutely.
But it's still the middle of frigging summer up here.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:31 am

Drailed wrote:Autumn is the best season, no competition. The heat in the day is glorious and the cool breeze at night is perfect for sleeping. It really is the perfect climate. My absolute favourite time of year.
Couldn't agree more. My mood even improves because i'm surfing more and sleeping better :-)(
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:15 pm

If we didn't have daylight savings you would be awake at 0530 and pissed off with the world :-o

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:36 pm

ctd wrote:If we didn't have daylight savings you would be awake at 0530 and pissed off with the world :-o
i love my extra hour.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.