winter fourteen

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: winter fourteen

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 pm

alakaboo wrote:This swell keeps on giving.
Surfed some Kirra -esque beachies this morning. 2ft high and 5ft wide, rifling like mad. I caught about 40 waves and made less than 5
I know you guys think this is good but I've never seen the "good" in making less waves than you don't.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Trev wrote:
Surfed some Kirra -esque beachies this morning. 2ft high and 5ft wide, rifling like mad. I caught about 40 waves and made less than 5
I know you guys think this is good but I've never seen the "good" in making less waves than you don't.

I'm not sure many longboaders 'get it' trev. And that's no disrespect to your craft and what you do.

The best barrels in my life are the ones where I've paddled over the ledge, heart in my mouth, and at that very moment in time I've given myself about a 0.00001% chance of making it, but despite the odds I've come out the other side upright.

Its all the beatings your body takes, it's all the air your lungs require but don't have as you get steamrolled a storey under water, and your willingness to rinse and repeat this process until you come out the other side ... that's what makes it so fcuking sweet when you make one in about 15 when it's super thick.

Hence the whole, just about every big wave surfer (around for the cape fear event) paddling around a kirra lineup this week like they've just been touched God ... yet it was only 4-6 foot.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:18 pm

Braithy wrote:
Trev wrote:

I'm not sure many longboaders 'get it' trev. And that's no disrespect to your craft and what you do.

Its all the beatings your body takes, it's all the air your lungs require but don't have as you get steamrolled a storey under water, and your willingness to rinse and repeat this process until you come out the other side ... that's what makes it so fcuking sweet when you make one in about 15 when it's super thick.
That's not surfing. You can do that body surfing. And not have to worry about getting hit by your board. :-)(
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:24 pm

this is true big fella.
Kunji wrote:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:56 pm

well the banks are now officially shite here.....gone out to sleep with the fishes.

now lets bring some fcuking stud jewfish to the stones Huey
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:27 pm

I'm hearing ya SM.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:43 pm

I found a few this morning ... there's way more grief than joy though.
Kunji wrote:

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:58 pm

Braithy wrote:I found a few this morning ... there's way more grief than joy though.
Yep ... but some potential for the more fertile of imagination ... but yep non the less.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:15 am

Trev wrote: That's not surfing.
and trev knows surfing!

that whole swell was dog's balls down here except for Saturday morning and yesterday morning, but now shearer's banks are fcuked, it'll probably start cracking here

some good banks now for sth swells that's for sure.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:22 am

Winter's over.

Thread closed. :mrgreen:
Beanpole

Skipper

LPJ
Grommet

Post by LPJ » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:28 am

:?: general question here, as I've been prompted* to ask when thinking about the last ECL and where I surfed compared to reports of best Kirra in years etc... Does sand on the points play a more or less equally important role in surf quality during a large windswell, close, mid and long range groundswells? You know, ceterus parabis...

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:37 pm

sand is everything up here in QLD (for our points) wind or ground swell... those funky little NE swells on the beachies when the wind goes SW is pretty much the only exception I know of.

but sand is our point's entire life source. I've seen currumbin and burleigh over the last 20 years in 4-6ft E swells with not a person out there because there's no sand for the swells to hug, just a huge hole. This usually happens post bank-busting storm episodes.
Kunji wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Braithy wrote:sand is everything up here in QLD (for our points) wind or ground swell... those funky little NE swells on the beachies when the wind goes SW is pretty much the only exception I know of.

but sand is our point's entire life source. I've seen currumbin and burleigh over the last 20 years in 4-6ft E swells with not a person out there because there's no sand for the swells to hug, just a huge hole. This usually happens post bank-busting storm episodes.
Except at MY point.
Beanpole

Skipper

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:06 pm

Trev wrote:Winter's over.

Piss off to Spring
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:10 pm

swvic wrote:
Trev wrote:Winter's over.

Piss off to Spring
But it's not Spring yet.

That vicco dude, whatsisname said so. :mrgreen:
Beanpole

Skipper

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Trev wrote:
Braithy wrote:sand is everything up here in QLD (for our points) wind or ground swell... those funky little NE swells on the beachies when the wind goes SW is pretty much the only exception I know of.

Except at MY point.
It's more of a blubbering mess than a point, tbh TardG.
Kunji wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Braithy wrote:
Trev wrote:

Except at MY point.
It's more of a blubbering mess than a point, tbh TardG.
Sure is.
:wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:37 pm

I got your back buddy ;)
Kunji wrote: