the most annoying surfer

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

kreepykrawly
Owl status

the most annoying surfer

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:37 am

what type of surfer do you find to be the most annoying in the water ???I

1) the loud billowing "I'm a local l" type
2)the fluro frothing 'i should be sponsored' gromet type
3)the clueless mal rider type
4)the weekend warrior 'volvo driving' type
5)the coffee drinking type
6)the small 'ive got a chip on my shoulder' type

I was surfing at an unlocal spot and this loud moffo ' talking across me to his mate type' sat next to me. I told him to shut the f-ck up because he was giving me a headache. He asked me what my problem was and i told him I didn't like his "type".
he just paddled away (probably to have a coffee)

Natho
barnacle

Re: the most annoying surfer

Post by Natho » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:46 am

or can you give examples of people who would fit into each category?

Number 6 would be Bean from North Narra. Probably because he is not a very good surfer and wishes he was plus he is a pigmy.

Also KK you missed number 7) The hipster "I surf with my retro vest un zipped and ride a Hypto Krypto" type.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:54 am

Anyone who can't navigate the line up or adapt to what's happening around them. Generally oblivious mouth breathers that are in their own little bubble and getting in the way.
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

andy2476
Owl status

Post by andy2476 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:10 am

bean's from warriewood Mona vale and yeah he is pretty annoying .

the clueless older kook. the sort that is outraged by the idea that anyone could take exception at their presence in the surf "how dare you, I'm a captain of industry" yeah fuck off thurston howl.
Drailed wrote:
#goteamiggy

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:13 am

The kook who believes himself to be a local - easily the most annoying surfer in the water

Like I haven't surfed now for nearly four weeks thanks to the knee op. Guaranteed when I paddle out the Peak sometime next week to begin re-engagement, there will be two or three pretty kooky late 20s early 30s guys - possibly even Euro van tourists - who will be paddling around with game faces on, trying to claim somewhat febrile possession of the takeoff zone.

I will never have seen them before and they will try to vibe me in some manner, like "Yeah man, I know this spot, step back"

Tragic really.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:20 am

There's a bloke who surfs Snapper in NRL shorts.
Tall fella in his early 30s, surfs a longboard without a leash and does a heap of ballet moves.

And the short angry bald fella who surfs South Bra, in his 50s and think he's a tradie.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:11 am

The van tourists were at my local spot for a couple of weeks. Talk about rude annoying kooks. Anyway we told em to farrrckc off to Newport or somewhere else. Enjoy Nick

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 am

Alakaboo. The angry ones ONLY ever surf the south end and you never see them up the north end. Ever. Why? Well south end is typically where there's more learners and novices. Therefore it's easier for the angry ones to stamp their authority. They'd never ever try that shit up north end. It wouldn't last more than 5 mins. Angry surfers are typically just ordinary surfers for the most of it.
Sniff wrote:

scot
regular

Post by scot » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:36 am

Unfortunately the line up around here is full of all of those types.
at the moment the worst here are the journos, hangers on and contest staff that are in town for the quikky pro. The pros are usually pretty good.

I should add myself to the list to be fair, the over proud dad who is pushing his grom into every wave that comes past and generally getting in the way (both me and him).

Best thing I saw one year was one commentator make a mess of the rock jump after hearing him talk about how dangerous it was on the webcast all day.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:37 am

- Hipster, old mal/log riders who think they are killing it by surfing without a leggie in crowded city beachies, yet consistently lose their boards doing 'radical' moves like a floater

- SUP's who wallow around on the inside section forcing you to pull off before you collide with them struggling in the whitewater or impact zone

- Clueless kooks who keep paddling into the shoulder of a wave after you are already up and riding

- The 'traffic cop' - Guy who is often out at South Curlie pointing out where you should have been or who he thinks is up next.

The 'wave not good enough guy' - Paddles into wave and immediately pulls off as not enough potential down the line however ruined it for anyone else wanting to get it.

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:46 am

which type are you, Krispy?
the tools of the trade are the head and the heart - mission of burma

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 am

collnarra wrote:which type are you, Krispy?
All of them on his day. :-o
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

JSB
regular

Post by JSB » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Yeah the people that paddle for the shoulder or just sit there in your way looking at you are annoying.
Also hate those people that just sit right on top of you and follow you around the line up.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Yep being followed around the line up pisses me off no end. Monday as an example just three of us out (and one turtle) but one kook insisted on paddling behind me and sitting on top of me and then trying to go every wave. In the end I had to nicely tell him to farrrckc right off and find his own little spot. The rude khunt.

timbo85
Grommet

Post by timbo85 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:53 pm

I find the loud Portugese speaking people quite annoying

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Hatchnam wrote:Alakaboo. The angry ones ONLY ever surf the south end and you never see them up the north end. Ever. Why? Well south end is typically where there's more learners and novices. Therefore it's easier for the angry ones to stamp their authority. They'd never ever try that shit up north end. It wouldn't last more than 5 mins. Angry surfers are typically just ordinary surfers for the most of it.
Strangely the guy had just walked down the beach. Said some deranged albatross kept paddling around him up the north end, squawking something about longer rail lines.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:37 pm

:shock: :lol:

Funnily enough boo. I've had people ask for a go on said vehicle with longer rail lines, after making favourable comment on how it's linking up sections they couldn't otherwise make. It's simple mathematics sweetheart.
<:
Sniff wrote:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:59 pm

collnarra wrote:which type are you, Krispy?
The nomadic phantom type with a strange accent