Sealife

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Sealife

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:44 pm

This seems like the part of the conversation where we talk about pooing in the ocean out the back, and then having it circle you for 15 minutes.

You then watch it float over to a helpless japanese girl on a 7 super fish.

Do you warn her, but she'll naturally assume you're the poo perp... Or do you remain silent, softly giggling as she inexplicably picks it up?
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:30 pm

In a pristine river I thought, how odd for a banksia to be floating along. It was a pooh with undigested seeds, and I carried it out, tentatively to bury in some pebbles; fortunately soap and rainwater wash the crap smell off.

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:33 pm

The best bit is the sudden influx of water, matched only to that of a bidet in satisfaction
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:30 am

Well, that's the last time I read realsurf whilst eating breakfast.

xe
regular

Post by xe » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:49 am

Nick Carroll wrote:It was a warm day but the wind had gone light s-se most of the day and blown in all the warm surface water that'd gone missing in last week's nor-easters.
Nick why does the NE take the warm water away should have heaps of warm water Nth to Sth with the East Australian Current. I know places closer to the continental shelf get upwellings hence cold water and this can be pushed in but we are not close to the shelf by any means.
"I'm just a surfer who wanted to build something that would allow me to surf longer"
Jack O'Neill

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:55 am

xe wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:It was a warm day but the wind had gone light s-se most of the day and blown in all the warm surface water that'd gone missing in last week's nor-easters.
Nick why does the NE take the warm water away should have heaps of warm water Nth to Sth with the East Australian Current. I know places closer to the continental shelf get upwellings hence cold water and this can be pushed in but we are not close to the shelf by any means.
Ekman transport and the Coriolis effect. The water doesn't have to be that deep for the effect to come into play.
http://oceanmotion.org/html/background/ ... motion.htm
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:28 am

Matticus Finch wrote:Ocean motion is probably the best name you could have for a website about sea poos.
what about Swelldump! :o
swelldump.jpg
Current forecast, murky with a chance of nuggets!
swelldump.jpg (17.67 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

xe
regular

Post by xe » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 am

Learn something every day...will look at the SST with different eyes.
"I'm just a surfer who wanted to build something that would allow me to surf longer"
Jack O'Neill

bomboraa
regular

Post by bomboraa » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:20 pm

No bonnies in Sydney this year. And few slimies round at the mo. Most likely frigates. They've arrived and are going nuts.
Until last couple of weeks baitfish or any kind rare in Sydney, either offshore or in Harbour. Things have changed! Bait is tiny; between 2cm and 4cm long. And those nasty nasty bull sharks have followed the frigates into the harbour. Chomp time.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Then there's my favourite. The salty stool.

A blog about defecating in the ocean.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Seen the turtle that hangs around Sth Narra plenty of times. Plus a few seals, not too uncommon in Syd I think?

Spent 3 months in Mex last year. Out at a certain pointbreak one day when in the space of 30 mins 2 people got speared by what we ended up calling 'Mexican death fish'. (no idea what the fish actually was) One guy got speared in the groin, just below his ball-bag. Pretty nasty gash bled for ages. He glued it up but it kept seeping for a few days. Other one was a girl who got it lower on her thigh.

Same surf and I was paddling past one of the local fellas who started pointing in my direction screaming "tiburon" while he surfed a wave. He went straight in, with every local following him instantly. I followed them in only to paddle out a few minutes later he indicated it was a pretty small shark (1 metre or so) of some sort that he saw and the waves were pumping. Not one local paddled out for the rest of the day, they have a pretty deep fear of sharks over there.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:32 pm

My brother was fishing once and a mack tuna beached itself at his feet.
He grabbed it by the tail and flung it into the dunes.

It was delicious.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:37 pm

Merks you got to give a brother a call when you see that action mate.

Then you can convert field position into sushi.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:50 pm

Hard to say.

I haven't seen any tuna around yet this season but it could have been.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:57 pm

alakaboo wrote: mack tuna / delicious
Mack tuna ... mother in law fish ... delicious ... ? You'd draw the line at edible.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.