Japanese Whaling

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

eMpowered
Local

Re: Japanese Whaling

Post by eMpowered » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:05 am

Like I said...

Please do not comment until you have watched the link.

Loofy , Have you watched it?

I love a good steak. Thats not my point. Its the way they are killing the whales.

We kill pigs/sheep/cows etc in 2 seconds flat.

In this footage it takes about 20 minutes with harpoons and then shotguns!!

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:06 am

although i think all you meat-eaters are fucken cunts it makes me sad to see you so upset about the whales, so i've decided to help you solve this problem by designing a bigger and better harpoon that will blow a whale to smithereens in an instant - it won't feel a thing! i've also started drafting plans for a giant guillotine the height and width of a small office block, in case i fuck up the harpoon design. i imagine we'll be able to herd the whales or transport them by ferry or container ship into enormous floating slaughter houses with the guillotines built in: swoosh! thunk! they won't know what hit them!

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Will there be rotating knives Al?

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Im against whaling myself, but it sh!ts me how damaging peoples attitudes can be towards Japanese people. MOST Japanese people themselves dont eat whale, and are not supporters of whaling, and it only a few small areas that still hold on to this 'tradition' of whaling.
What about having a go at Iceland and Norway?? A few years ago Norway were actually taking more Minke whales than Japan, and they were not even trying to hide behind 'scientific research'.
The average jap is getting a raw deal in the whole debate.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... pan_2.html

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:49 pm

governments can't stop it. a ban would be made based on a vote amongst certain nations, who have been supporting Japan over recent years. small island type nations receiving kickbacks for their vote.

tuna sells for over $1000 a kilo in Japan, imagine the price of whale.

i try not to hate the whole nation for this, imagine if the world hated you personally for all the shit things our governments have done.

Rudd-tang hasn't helped.

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:13 pm

^^^howard did more to damage our international reputation more than any other government. What has Rudd done that comes anywhere near the howard years?

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Anyone have any comments on the footage??

We could talk politics for.........

Ah yep, We have been there done that.(politics)..

The footage made real fkern angry...

You... (Besides vego Lucky Al)..

But yes Al, but in a perfect world mate...

Lip_Ripper

Post by Lip_Ripper » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:11 am

Jimi is right, my missus is Norwegian and they love to eat whales as to the icelandic people. Ive eaten whale meat while in Norway and just for the record its FKN great. Its not just the jappanese.
People ( Humans ) have been eating whales since they became advanced enough to build boats and harpoons.. I certainly dont agree with overfishing of any fish or whale but surely some sustainable take on whales is not such a bad thing??
I think people get a little carried away with the cute, pretty, inteligent whale thing... even big hardass toughguy's around here.
Oh and i dont agree with the dolphin slaughter thing though, i know ive just contradicted myself its just my opinion thats all

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:34 am

i'd say the comparison of killing whales with killing domesticated animals is flawed. hunting whales is more akin to killing say koalas for the fur.
i don't think that we should be killing any animal for fun, profit or because they taste good. but unless soemone is out there hunting koalas, i wouldn't brand them as hipocrtical for opposing whaling.
loofy wrote:I guess the point I am trynna make, and I am not pointing fingers directly at anyone, is that so many people are up in arms about whaling and passionately against it when simple daily life choices they make - for example- having a bacon sandwich cause so much grief and suffering on animals which are bred in absolutely appauling unnatural conditions.

I am not against the slaughter of animals for consumption but it seems a tad naieve and hipocritical to be against whaling, when you are partly responsible for the absolute misery of another animal.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:47 am

one's an attempt, however misguided, to guard public safety.

The other is a straight out rape and pillage of a conservation zone using a lie-scientific whaling- as justification.

hope that helps.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 am

As a massive sweeping generalisation asians have awesome bodys. Those skinny little bums and big boobs.

I approve.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:55 am

Jimi wrote:^^^howard did more to damage our international reputation more than any other government. What has Rudd done that comes anywhere near the howard years?
Nothing to defend, fong. WA Government, and Australian Government, aren't representative of the thinking population of this once lucky country.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:24 pm

It would also be more of an equivalent if we motored up past Japan and started harpooning sharks in their backyard.

As a massive generalization a lot of Japanese have short stocky legs and long upper bodies.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Surfnsmurf
Local

Post by Surfnsmurf » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:32 pm

roos are a pest & taste great. plain and simple
andy2476 wrote:If I ever renovate our bathroom. I'm gonna put in a little step thing for shaving my legs
beerfan wrote:like today tonight, same episode over and over and no one watching. *turns up volume*

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:44 pm

3-)
I hadn't read the first page of this thread :D
Go Al.
I have a bit of a thing about harpooning highly intelligent marine mammals in general. Even wonder about octopus sometimes but that's a grey area since they taste good and they are not mammals.
Generally don't think eating anything with a brain bigger than yours is very evolutionarily sound particularly when so little is really understood about them. That's one major reason the Japanese stance is so abhorrent.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:47 pm

Ask her for the population ecology papers from the scientific whaling program.

At least the completely misguided and pointless shark program gives us some info about how they grow and what they do.

Also, whale tastes shit and shark tastes good.

pinhead
barnacle

Post by pinhead » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:55 pm

You might want to add that whales aren't swimming along Shonan beach biting people in half.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:59 pm

and kangaroos aren't boxing little old ladies to death when they ride their bikes to shopping malls in Yokohoma.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes