This Spell of Swell

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:40 pm

nup, andy......

same story as outside south head - too much exposure, plenty of wash but!!!!!

wash/spin cycle on steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:54 pm

bower was fun at lunch.......

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:10 pm

nah, it actualy wasnt as big as it looked eh, i got a couply from that outside ledge behind wink but even those ones were basicaly one long bottom turn......and the rip was just f#@ked.....the best bit of the sesh was starin across into those tunnels of doom at deadmans.....F#@KIN HELL THEY WERE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zzz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by zzz » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:59 pm

the best bit of the sesh was starin across into those tunnels of doom at deadmans.....F#@KIN HELL THEY WERE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah I went down for a look at lunch - looked like it had tidied up a little bit from this morning - probably tide plus wind seems to have backed off a bit and swell seems to have lined up a little bit more. Yeah the pitts bashing onto the shelf at deadmans are awesome. Maybe I saw you get a wave ...

Saw a jetski head over to outside the bommy towing someone in - maybe that was Tom ... came out from shelly beach though I think.

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:00 pm

only small crew at neilsen...1 wave in last 1/2 hour, 1 foot & full as :( .

the tap seems to have been turned off. :?

wind seems to have swung around to the south.
I'm just back from a riding clean 3-4 ft rights & lefts. It was offshore, and though a little full, me & only about a dozen others had waves galore. Where? In the harbour. Neilsen Pk to be exact. As per the other reports it's a whiteout everywhere from Northy down to The Bower. Even Collaroy is a mess, and The Kick looks awful too. Nothing doing at Chinamans or Balmoral, but over in Vaucluse, it's garn orf! Sorry I forgot to take my camera over the other side of the bridge, so you'll have to take my word for it.

sorry champ - doesn't look 3ft & a long wait between waves.
[/quote]

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:18 pm

the kalakau kid wrote:Forresters was just a huge mess this morning. Avoca, Macs or the haven might be the shot. Hargreaves even?!!
Will have to wait for tomorrow though. Will you get home in time for a late one Matt? Where's your pick?
i haven't been up the coast since tuesday, but will check the standard haven-bend stretch just before dark, unless anyone can advise otherwise..

the photos of the haven seem a bit wild - those slabs of section would HURT!! (I've been swatted out there by sections smaller than that & it knocks the stuffing out of you).

Eli Cash

Post by Eli Cash » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:26 pm

nubby, did you see the couple of dudes havin' a crack at deadmans around lunchtime???? i was s#$%ting myself just watching! got a couple of pics of one of 'em on one of the smaller ones that came through.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:55 pm

i found a spot surfable, on the smaller waves that is - but only if you dont mind a 10' close-out set every now and then. offshore too.

Simple Ben

Post by Simple Ben » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:52 am

Looks like things are still pretty out of control this morning. Tomorrow early should be the go, looks the swell will keep backing off a little and the wind should be pretty friendly by then. Maybe I will get the chance to dust off the 7'4" and jag a few bombs out at Forresters. Then again, treeline could be absolutely sick, if you could get out there.

Hey kalakau, treeline is getting a little crowded here now don't you think?

the kalakau kid

Post by the kalakau kid » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:16 am

Quite frustrating to do the rounds of all the places i have time to surf before work and nowhere working this morning. The haven being surfed but really only 3-4 ft and quite weak, direction not right. A couple of longboarders getting rides but not serious ones. Avoca maxed out with rips and currents, the bend/wambi just closing out horribly although not big and forries still too disorganised. banzai looked possible for later. Huge mushburger peaks that I have never seen, breaking from in front of the southern headland. Doctors had a technically doable left and treeline lefts were breaking but only in the loosest definition of the word. It'll have to be a late one or a very hectic saturday morning.
conditions great though, sunny & offshore.

dust off the tuberiders.

Simple Ben

Post by Simple Ben » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:28 am

Hey bra, it must be pretty lame if there are only a couple of planks out there.

Sounds like treeline may be the go then, no planks out there thats for sure. What about treeline rights or outside treeline? Any reforms through inside treeline? Just make sure your board has a steel stringer thats all.

Maybe you could check some spots up north like Towoon Bay of Blue Bay. They will be a little more protected from the wind but I guess maybe the swell also. Worth a look though if nowhere else is happening.

So do you reckon the rights will clean up enough for the early or will it have dropped off too much?

the kalakau kid

Post by the kalakau kid » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:31 am

" So do you reckon the rights will clean up enough for the early or will it have dropped off too much?"

there is the $64k question. Knowing hueys sense of humour it will have dropped off and we'll all be squabbling over some pathetic little beachbreak.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:19 pm

Checked out the Haven and Avoca yesterday. Avoca was too messed up for anyone, but there was a pretty big crowd out at the point at Terrigal and again just up towards Terrigal from the ruins.

Looked pretty heavy (15 foot faces on some of em I reckon), and not much shape - I left it for the big boys.
"Stay happy and everything will be just fine....." Jack Norris