Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by swvic » Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 am

Braithy wrote: I'm thinkin' about getting tested for post-traumatic stress disorder.
Do you have insurance for that :?:

If not, you'll need to be selling lots of icecreams
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue May 29, 2012 9:12 am

swvic wrote:
Braithy wrote: I'm thinkin' about getting tested for post-traumatic stress disorder.

Gelato, Vic. It's all about the gelato.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Tue May 29, 2012 9:49 am

Braithy wrote:
swvic wrote:

Gelato, Vic. It's all about the gelato.
You'r e charging for ice cream head?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed May 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Out the Peak this morning, it was 3' and crap. A pretty good kid on a fiberflex. a skilled bber. A couple of the boys and TC. Surprise, Jeremy Flores came out, back visiting the crew on the way to Fiji.

Tom was standing on the sandbar on the inside left when a guy came riding in, wasn't sure what to do, and speared his board out ahead of himself in the closeout, Tom turned around to get out of the way and got the nose in the arse, sort of top of the right buttock. nine stitches, three internal six external. I couldn't make this up hey.

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Wed May 30, 2012 4:53 pm

And that's not the first time he's copped a board in the clacker.

saucy gibbon
barnacle

Post by saucy gibbon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:14 pm

or the doc's hearing that excuse
Uni is not the real world.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm

When in doubt impale a former world champ.
Hope Tom isn't out of the water too long from that. Not quite the same cred as hitting the reef at GLand or something.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed May 30, 2012 7:51 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Tom was standing on the sandbar on the inside left when a guy came riding in, wasn't sure what to do, and speared his board out ahead of himself in the closeout, Tom turned around to get out of the way and got the nose in the arse, sort of top of the right buttock. nine stitches, three internal six external. I couldn't make this up hey.
Must've been shallow.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu May 31, 2012 8:42 am

Exactly.

It's like:

"Doc, it's me bum again."
"Jeez! Not again! OK. Nurse, bring the forceps."

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu May 31, 2012 9:05 am

Swell keeps pumping here. 7 days on the bounce, today will be 8. Looks like more long interval energy. A guy got airlifted to hobart hospital yesterday, they reckon he broke his back at shipsterns. Heavy.

I was sussing out the reef directly over the back fence -- but down a 60 metre cliff face -- yesterday. It looks like it's pretty epic. Halfway through the outgoing tide some were sucking dry ... the ones with more S/SW in it. The S/SE ones would square up and just unload. Looks heaps like a shark Island kinda setup only going left.

I surfed the little left rock-ledge for the first time y'day, it's on the inside of the reef setup. She just rifles along. If you don't paddle hard and virtually take off under the lip, you fall behind and have to straighten out. I'm thinking I need to master this baby before I head out to the reef ... even though the takeoffs on the reef don't look as hectic, it's about 3 times the size.

Today's purchase will be fingerless gloves. Can't do anything in the mornings until about 10am without numb hands and fingers that don't want to work or manipulate items.

Don't judge me, you don't know what it's like. Man.
Kunji wrote:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 am

Masturbating in a warm shower whilst fantasising about an old flame is a proven technique according to Messr Carroll.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu May 31, 2012 10:09 am

Hey ... I'll try anything once.

I know just the flame too. Adriana. She was Brazillian, not Lima ... but freaking close.
Kunji wrote:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu May 31, 2012 11:01 am

I'd like to hear more about this place called Tasmania Braithy, when you get a spare minute.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 am

Hope TC is ok. Had a good chat with him on the weekend in between surfs. Talked about Hawaii, his daughters ballet and then somehow the conversation moved onto talking about injury. TC was stoked to be pretty injury free and his ankle is feeling good and all ........and then this. Another board in the arse. Again hope he is ok.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu May 31, 2012 1:34 pm

steve shearer wrote:I'd like to hear more about this place called Tasmania Braithy, when you get a spare minute.
For sure Steve. I've been totally indulgent so far and just been surfing my brains out. Getting use to the cold, the rubber, fire making and gathering. A few bush walks here and there. Haven't even fished yet, though I did eat some tuna and a few crays the neighbour bought me over from his last trip out to the hipolytes ... premium seafood.

... But in the coming weeks, I'll get out there with the camera and get some shots, and put a thread together over on the tangents board. Will be buying a video camera and putting a little Shippies piece together too, with a few of the hard nuts who tackle that for fun.

I'll take requests too.

I can say this: People here are golden. Had a car accident on the way down. Found a panel beater here working out of a decent shed on his property, who gave me his own car for the last 2 weeks to drive while he fixes mine.
Kunji wrote:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu May 31, 2012 2:23 pm

there was some article on the radio the other day about the Spirit of Tassie being a drug superhighway.
Check behind the panels, Braithy, you may never have to work again.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu May 31, 2012 2:24 pm

smnmntll wrote:
Braithy wrote: I can say this: People here are golden. Had a car accident on the way down. Found a panel beater here working out of a decent shed on his property, who gave me his own car for the last 2 weeks to drive while he fixes mine.
Oh my god, it's like the beginning of one of those horror movies where the giggling young couple decide to spend a night in a haunted house on a dare
Speaking of haunted. The T.V turned itself on at 11:06 last night. All by itself. No one down there, everyone tucked up into bed. The remote was in a drawer on the tv stand.

Paranormal activity?

Discuss.

*edit. I'm taking a drive right now to check my panels.
Kunji wrote:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu May 31, 2012 2:27 pm

Braithy wrote:
smnmntll wrote:
Braithy wrote: I can say this: People here are golden. Had a car accident on the way down. Found a panel beater here working out of a decent shed on his property, who gave me his own car for the last 2 weeks to drive while he fixes mine.
Oh my god, it's like the beginning of one of those horror movies where the giggling young couple decide to spend a night in a haunted house on a dare
Speaking of haunted. The T.V turned itself on at 11:06 last night. All by itself. No one down there, everyone tucked up into bed. The remote was in a drawer on the tv stand.

Paranormal activity?

Discuss.

*edit. I'm taking a drive right now to check my panels.
Braithy wrote:I'm going to die in a house fire, if I don't check the shitty wiring in my cabin