Firewire Sweet Potato?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

damo666
regular

Re: Firewire Sweet Potato?

Post by damo666 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Just cause I know you blokes just love Firewires so much (sarcasm much/), how about their new offering the "Potatonator"?

Its a cross between their Sweet Potato and Dominator models...both of which I quite enjoy riding....

Link - http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/quive ... otatonator

Balts

Post by Balts » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:20 am

I rode a mates 5'0 yesterday in 2/3ft beachies....
This little board blew me away! It paddled unreal and had sooo much speed once on the waves.
Might have to invest in one of these.

Can see why people love them

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi balts,

I ve got back into mine recently and in the right kind of waves they re great fun. However, firewire are bringing out a more refined version called the baked potato that looks like it may perform better in steeper (but still smaller) waves. They re not available till june or july tho. I reckon that they will be worth a demo
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

Balts

Post by Balts » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:30 pm

JaM71 wrote:Hi balts,

I ve got back into mine recently and in the right kind of waves they re great fun. However, firewire are bringing out a more refined version called the baked potato that looks like it may perform better in steeper (but still smaller) waves. They re not available till june or july tho. I reckon that they will be worth a demo
Righto - thanks for that!

Will wait and see 8)

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:46 am

Get the FST, the white ones. I know someone at work who has a FST ( the white ones ) alternator, a few years old, looks new. He got a rapidfire potato ( with the bamboo deck ) and where the bamboo meets the rail, it is cracked all along the rail. He took it back ( hasn't had it long ), and they said its normal.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:39 am

Beerfan wrote:Get the FST, the white ones. I know someone at work who has a FST ( the white ones ) alternator, a few years old, looks new. He got a rapidfire potato ( with the bamboo deck ) and where the bamboo meets the rail, it is cracked all along the rail. He took it back ( hasn't had it long ), and they said its normal.
Interesting input, Beerf, thanks. Always suspected the Rapidfire construction would be more liable, but then Firewire say this in their build area... re compressing decks, not cracking laminates.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 am

it's less than 12 months old, which to me would be very disappointing. The alternator on the other hand is a few years old, and he uses it very often, and in heavy surf. Looks new