Good shaper in Newcastle area?

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

edwardmaya01

Re: Good shaper in Newcastle area?

Post by edwardmaya01 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:52 pm

You can choose high waist shapewear, it's very comfortable and can be used as undergarments.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:37 pm

When you have a world class shaper like Sam Eagan on your doorstep why go and get a copy of an already ugly shape? :D :D

My tongue is partly in my cheek and partly out but I reckon getting someone else to copy another shapers work is a quick way to get a crap board. Plus many shapers simply won't copy someone elses work (some will).'I think with Firewire you will probably find the construction has plenty to do with how that board felt for you so you would need to keep an open mind with the copy.

Sam's shapes are way nicer than Firewire IMO without anyone having to copy someone elses work. :wink:

Anyway it looks like it all ended ok for ya.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:28 pm

edwardmaya01 wrote:You can choose high waist shapewear, it's very comfortable and can be used as undergarments.
??

Using a surfboard as an undergarment? That would be rather itchy wouldn't it?

Last time I checked balls and fibreglass fragments don't go together
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Because Sam charges nearly twice the price of Paul parkes, for in my experience no better a product...just a brand name (Had two Sam's boards and now on a Triple P).

kayu
Local

Re:

Post by kayu » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Sydney_Sheldon wrote:Looks like I have opened a can of worms with this whole copying thing.
I can appreciate a shaper producing a piece of art and not wanting it copied. I can also appreciate a shaper not choosing to copy another artists board too. However Firewire have no problems taking Nevs shapes and mass producing them. Obviously, either does Nev, as long as he gets his cut....and who truly knows if it's a 100% Nev shape anyway. Do you reckon Da Vinci would allow perfect replicas of his work to be mass produced? And if he did, would he have a problem if one artist wanted to try to produce a 1-off replica himself? Also, isn't imitation the purest form of flattery? Food for thought. Sounds like a good topic for a new thread to me.

Thanks "Surfer" for the website. Cheers guys.
I did an exact copy of the Mona Lisa years ago , but with a moustache...it was pretty good too...

xe
regular

Post by xe » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:22 am

try Max at top to bottom surfboards at eddie charltons snooker table joint on the main strip belmont.

heres address don't know if current but he knocks out a mean stick channel making genius.

385 Pacific Hwy, Belmont, NSW 2280
East Lake Macquarie
p: (02) 4947 7626
"I'm just a surfer who wanted to build something that would allow me to surf longer"
Jack O'Neill