Take Away dim-SIM

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Take Away dim-SIM

Post by pridmore » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:06 am

sorry mate, but its too hard to get it there and then to get it back has been a problem in the past too....
my previous 2 travellers have made it to Vic and I was hoping to get the 'dim-SIM' down there also but transport is the issue and I aint paying for couriers again....sorry, maybe next time if transport from fellow surfers can be arranged..... 8)

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 am

might be able to help with getting it from the Goldy to Torquay.
A workmate goes there fairly regularly, will probably be there in mid-late January and again around Easter (for pick up?)

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks Boo, that'd be unreal, but I do recognise the might. I'm a couple hours west of Torquay, but would jump at the chance. Hatchman's also showed strong interest, but he's on the Mornington Peninsula. It's my old surfing territory and I still have links there so I reckon we could work something out.
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:25 am

but the boards in Shell Harbour, not at the Goldy....stoked you are that keen and I know Hatchy has always had a go and been involved but I reckon he'd be the first to agree, a 5'2" is gunna be a bit too little for his liking....next time..... 8) its not just getting it there, its getting it back....

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:42 am

yeah, I get that, but you were talking about getting it back from Capt Caveman in the new year.

Anyway, I was just presenting a potential other option, which included getting it back. If you've sold it already and want to wait till next time then that's fine. The option will still be there.
I also go to WA a couple of times a year.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks guys. Whatever will be, will be. However, I can take advantage of my employers as far as couriering back to Qld - and I'm a good board packer. Need to be so as to combat all couriers who can't read the word Fragile. Must be a prerequisite for getting such a job. Anyone remember the start of Pet Detective?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm still keen

I dropped the Quadfather back off on the Goldie last time - lucky I guess because it conincided with a conference I was attending there.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:48 pm

yep, thanks Hatchy and co. but its coming back for my convenience and yes, there is a keen buyer who I have told I will get it back soonish..... 8)

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Cheers guys - maybe next time.

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Priddy,
I could get it from Sydney via Newcastle then as far up as Forster/tuncurry. Even might be able to fly it back up home (Sunny Coast) X-mas/NYE time?
Even more tighter time frame have mate (from Currimundi) coming down weekend (2nd-5th Dec) that might be able to fly it back to Coast.
Let me know if any of that blows any wind up ya skirt??
Benno

PS was up two weeks ago and saw ya boards in that shop at Kawana..sort ya display out mate!!!

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Also flying to Melbs 2nd week of Feb..going to Lorne for a few days then back to Sydney via Tullamarine...if that helps at all?

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 pm

I'll be driving through shellharbour early January so I won't be able to get it back to Sydney in time for Slowy to take it up the coast
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:58 pm

you just get it Captn, and we'll see if we can get it to Slowly, then we'll see if we can get it heading north...thanks everyone, sorry it couldnt get to everyone ... 8)

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:28 pm

CC,
Mark asked me to get in touch with you about the traveler after you get it to Sydney. I'll pm ya my details when it gets closer to the time. No worries about Jan..all good!!

the hulkster
Grommet

Post by the hulkster » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Looks like we have missed out down Torquay way then.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:52 pm

sorry bout that....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:24 pm

hows ya mate goin on the board Beerfan ? any waves for him to test it out in ???.....

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Update:

I lent the board to a workmate, who loved it, and didn't want to give it back. He ended up buying it!!!. I'd already gotten it back in my car, and was hoping to grab a few more waves on it, but during the day he twisted marks arm into buying it. So i had to give it back >><< :cry: