Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

huie
Local

Re: Earl 10'6" wooden longboard

Post by huie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:58 am

4) A lower centre of gravity and a lower centre of mass and effort.

.[/quote]

yes all of wich were devloped here on the east coast of aus mid sixtys and further developed to what it is to day in h p surfboards all this ground work belongs to the ausie
a bit of monkey see monkey do roy but yes it works
you and the hillbilly back of noosa have a lot in cmon :geek:

cheers huie/b]

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Crouching occurs naturally, but claim it for team Australia if you like. :lol:

You are right about the crouch being used a lot on 60's shortboards, those flat rockered domed decked ones with the late nose flip. My first board was one of those, got rid of it for a 9'6" Roger Land, flicked that for a 7'4" Atlas Woods pintail in the 'Tracker' genre, then things improved.

huie
Local

Post by huie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:58 pm

:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:
i should have known better than to quote you

for the uninformed the lower centre of gravity is used in the design 8) not as refered to by u or a monkey in a red jump suit your generic bullshit means f##K all
as for what you rode well your last statements say it all your guessing :idea: or the kiwis were stiil riding trackers in the 70s :)

cheers huie

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:43 pm

No I'm not guessing This kiwi was riding one in 1975 when he could get it back from his friends as all the generic shop boards were cr#p in comparison.

The rest of your post needs to be unscrambled by a man in a white lab suit before I could comment on it.

:P

huie
Local

Post by huie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:20 pm

did you just say you dont know what i am refering to :?:
well thats because it was all done before you were old enough to understand anything about what i am talking about
and you just admitted to riding a tracker in 1975 haha man thats is just like you :geek: /b]

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:49 pm

No it's because your writing is partly gobbledegook.

What exactly was wrong with riding in the first year of my standup surfing in 1975 first a) a 6'8" single b) a 9'6" Roger Land single and c) a 7'4" Atlas Woods pintail and discovering that I ( and my friends) preferred the 7'4"?

I do not subscribe to the linear theory of surfboard evolution which states that advancement is inversely related to length.

In short the 'tracker' was the better board.

huie
Local

Post by huie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:11 pm

jeez roy i am not going there :) pintail tracker in 1975 you sure were isolated

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 pm

You'd burnt all of yours by then and were riding 4 footers I'm sure.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:54 am

Roy_Stewart wrote:You'd burnt all of yours by then and were riding 4 footers I'm sure.
Incorrect Roy , there's still plenty of trackers around today. Sounds like you fell behind advancements around mid 70's and have been lost ever since... :lol:....sometime in the future , when your understanding grows, you will be riding a 66 malibu !... :lol:

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:27 pm

The Atlas woods 7'4" was the best board around by a long shot, people were constantly wanting to beg/borrow/steal it and it was way better than the 70's singles in shifting beachbreak conditions on the coast. Horses for courses.

It looked like this except that it was a pintail.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:22 pm

....like I said , you fell behind in the 70's and have been lost ever since.... :lol: .....I had a Baron and a Kenn almost identical.....both dogs....seems you missed a quantum leap in design. With a slightly wider pod and tail measurement that would be a DT 'In the Pink", although the "pink" has no excessive bottom roll nor pinched out rails.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:57 pm

You know F&ck all, it was a great board, I rode every kind of board available and yes we had everything which you had in Australia, and some stuff which you didn't know about.

Thew Atlas Woods had pinched rails very nice indeed and subtle bottom roll.

The next boards I had were a long series of seventies singles and twins, always hated thrusters I owned only five of them, stayed on singles right up until I started using tunnel fins in 1997, although I'm still currently on as single.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Not to forget the superb 7 foot range heavy pintailed 'fish' which Roger Hall did in the late 70's those things kicked the mainstream boards into the curb and you aussies didn't have 'em!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Now go ahead and wank on some more with huie about your precious shortboard revolution and B awful mals.

:roll:

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:48 pm

....never had a thruster meself.. :) ...had an incredible few hours at Burleigh on a borrowed one years ago , but thats all. The Atlas Woods were an Aussie board and built under subcontract from Woodsies at Brookvale !!!...maybe you should be payin royalties to GW for what you make now....theyre not much different really :lol:

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:09 pm

As I've been pointing out there are an infinite number of similarities and an infinite number of differences between any two objects, which of those one chooses to concentrate on depends upon one's agenda.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:54 pm

....The photo only shows the planshape clearly , and some of the bottom contour. That shape was popular , but not for long as things were improved rapidly..... :) ...Keyo had some nice ones

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:55 pm

diggerdickson wrote:roy, this is your best post yet, you absolutely crack me up, at the time I read this I almost fell off my chair laughing, so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: Trev yourve been so set up :lol: :lol:
No mate. Not setup. I keep feeding the fish to keep the entertainment going.
Works well, don't it?

And, on top of that, we've now got huie and kayu in the fray, so at least there's a bit of common sense to be read.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:45 pm

That's a joke, some sense from huie certainly but not from the wooden headed kayu.