quiver pix

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Re: quiver pix

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Had to pay bills and so it's found a new home with Freshiedude (Real surf handle).
I grabbed a Broad bean demo to satisfy my curiousity about the technology at work and it was all over....I had to have one.
2 weeks to go...you're going to enjoy the 8'er.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Looks like a fun board, and you're obviously stoked.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Very versatile quiver there pete.

I hope to be able to post a pic of my updated quiver by late next week, or not long after, whenever it gets here. Bit longer than what i originally wanted....... :D

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Did you pull the trigger?
Do tell!
Yeah...my mini quiver has all the bases covered for waves I will surf.
I'm stoked which is what matters.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:46 am

And didn't Kane do an awesome job on the Turtle......love it.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:42 am

He's definitely got a career path there.
My girls are also budding artists but use Bamboo tablets to draw digital images which look super cool.
I'm at the markets today so the girls are busking with their Hapi drum.
On the link they are the 2 girls in the picture next to the sunflower photo.
http://www.hapitones.com/HAPI-Gallery/
Great for the kids to be rewarded for their natural talents.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:41 pm

My newy. Surfed it today with just the 8'' dolphin in tiny but clean waves. Lots of forward trim!. I think it needs a smaller centre fin and side bites. Next surf i'll use the side fins as well, and move the fin as far forward as i can, and see what happens.

7'2'' x 21 1/4 x 2 3/4. Feels smaller than that in the water.

Mrkook
Grommet

Post by Mrkook » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Looks like a lot of fun. I've been increasingly using a 7'4 mini mal that was bought for my gf, set up as a thruster it is that much fun to surf, you can really throw it around. I'm not sure if she will get it back!

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Stoked for you Mark.
Got any smaller side bites and a smaller centre to run in it?
How's it paddle and paddle into waves?
Welcome Mr Kook.
The mid range board is a mostly over looked catergory of boards.
A good one can cover a wide range of conditions.
Post up some pics, share the stoke.

Mrkook
Grommet

Post by Mrkook » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:40 am

Mrkook
Grommet

Post by Mrkook » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:48 am

Mrkook
Grommet

Post by Mrkook » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:52 am

my 6'10 gun... I am down to just this board after being a student for 7 years and having a sensational winter of heavy waves which resulted in all my boards breaking bar this beauty. It is absolutely sensational in large powerful waves, pintail provides endless grip and its got a hell of a nose rocker in it for those late drops. The only downside is that as soon as the waves are a bit full it really slows down.... and I have only found this out as I have had to surf it in 2ft slop as it was my only board for a while. As previously mentioned I have started riding my gfs mini mal heaps and I love it. Pics coming.

Mrkook
Grommet

Post by Mrkook » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 am

Mrkook
Grommet

Post by Mrkook » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 am

Mrkook
Grommet

Post by Mrkook » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:06 pm

7'4 mini mal.
I am that stoked on this board! It was bought to get my girlfriend up and riding and I never really thought much of it untill I started to paddle out and catch a few after I had pushed her into some. The board is great, it has quite a bit of rocker which makes it turn brilliantly but a bit slow, but because of its size and large planing area it still goes well. I have surfed it in everything from 1ft fat rollers to 4ft sucky waves. It defintely reached its limit on this moderate sucky stuff but it seriously performs well up untill this (limit being it starts to slide out - and I am really scared of snapping it as my girlfriend would kill me :)). Big on rail cutbacks, floaters, hit the lip I have a ball on this board and now I am reaching for it pretty much every session. (given the fact that my only other choice is the gun it makes it a relatively easy decision....unless its pumping like yesterday and then the gun comes out :)!
I have a dumpling on order from mark, the plan is for that to replace the mal so my gf can have it back, then save some more pennies and get a nice shorty for those 3-6ft days

damo666
regular

Post by damo666 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Might as well jump on the bandwagon and post my little quiver, which shows my obvious love for high volume boards (or maybe my absolute lack of paddle fitness??). Left to right;

1) 5'4" Firewire Sweet Potato. So much fun. Seems to work well from ankle to over head high, is super fast, paddles great, and is plenty chuckable for me. Is the board I ride 98% of the time.

2) 6'6" Miller V-Skate. Was designed to be my 'big wave' board. Beautifully built and finished board, but lets be honest...I rarely go out if it is REALLY overhead+ and solid. Only surfed about three times, goes great, but I'm trying to decide wether to hang onto it or not.

3) 6'2" Firewire Quadfish. Technically this is my 8 year old grommies board (he spent the last summer mowing lawns to buy it!). Heaps of volume, and is a good longboard replacement when it is just micro sized and too fat for even the potato. Goes surprisingly well in bigger stuff too, gets me in nice and early.

Considering trading the MIller in on a big log for tiny days, but have a bit of a sentimental attachment is it was my first custom shaped board, and the first I have ever been barrelled on! Might just leave it in the shed for now.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:25 pm

http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showfl ... ost1812144

not really connected to the thread topic but its cool and I enjoy doing this sorta stuff, should be more of it....

Mrkook
Grommet

Post by Mrkook » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Cool to see such proficient surfers on that sort of equipment having a ball. Interesting how Dane talks about enjoying that feeling of not being in total control of the board - I don't think I've ever felt fully in control of a surfboard. Funny that he has become bored with ripping haha, now I feel a bit closer to Dane in surfing sharing a sense of not being in control of the board haha...... a long draw of the bow I know!