Surf Etiquette in the Line-up

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Surf Etiquette in the Line-up

Post by Trev » Sat May 14, 2011 1:32 pm

marcus wrote:i showed my wife this video of the jet powered surfer, and the cranky comments it had received.
I mentioned that i reckon that guy will probably only take that thing out to some empty fat beachie anyway, so who cares?
and she said, "everyone's concerned about what other people are doing, everyone should mind their own business and get a life"
But, but.........marcus......if we had a life we wouldn't be on the internet...........or maybe that's what she means. :oops:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat May 14, 2011 4:23 pm

I presume everyone out at Bronte today was reading this thread about dropping in. There were three, four or five guys taking off on every wave and most only pulled out if they couldn't keep up with the others :shock: :shock:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Sat May 14, 2011 6:35 pm

^^^^

I stopped at Collaroy late this arvo to have a look. There was only one break happening which was right next to the outdoor swimming pool. It was a every man (and kid) for himself situation. Though the swell was very small with a fair few long boarders out there.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

scod
regular
Location: Riding along the border, with a pair of zircon encrusted tweezers in my hand

Post by scod » Sun May 15, 2011 8:37 am

Maybe a board tricked up Mad Max style might be the go

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Sun May 15, 2011 4:23 pm

marcus wrote:she said, "everyone's concerned about what other people are doing, everyone should mind their own business and get a life"
Up to the point where what you are doing genuinely interferes with the safety and comfort of others.

Try lighting up a cigarette in a restaurant and see how far you get. People have accepted these mandated things, while at the same time seemingly becoming more self-centred and narcissistic in relation to others.

Witness every second driver on the road, no idea and no concern about the rest of the world.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.