Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:09 am

yeah...if i can't surf ...i got at least check it

unless inland

surfed out front...clean , lined up...1 ft....but close out city :cry:

it's amazing ....why is my sand so fu.cked up...yet half a hour sth...pridmores haunts are lining up :?:

thats surfin :o :wink:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:30 am

ahhhhhhhh, peak day Wednesday in a decent swell! lovely!

take off, fast drop, drive hard off bottom - rip calf muscle [again] - stay on feet, nurse roundhouse cutty, see rip bowl forming, get into possie, standup straight , pitted, duck heaving lip on the way out, pull off the back.

best standup barrel of the year so far! woo hoo!

the peak was twice the size of the point yesterday, but both were fun.
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:26 pm

skipper wrote:Faaark. Cummmon. Didn't anyone south of tweed get something to gloat about?
Sydneys copped a solid bit of swell past two days.
tama was closeouts, watched for half an hour, only saw one ride and that was someone going straight to get in. even that didn't work out too well. bronte, nothing. wrong swell for the bombie. while nappydripper was off charging ours, i beat up a bus load of disabled kids at maroubra (in the spirit of when in rome) before selling their teacher a foily of third-rate weed sprayed with mortein. then went and sat on south head waving at you skipp to give me a tow-in in honour of the dunbar.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:12 pm

skipper wrote:Faaark. Cummmon. Didn't anyone south of tweed get something to gloat about?
Went for a roadtrip today. Was tossing up between the Bra and going further afield where the banks are better and the crowds are smaller.
Best decision ever.

Wow. Just wow. Words fail me.
Too stoked to do it justice.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say best beachbreak surf I've ever had on a standup.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:16 pm

I slept in today. Too small. Saving myself for Sunday. :wink:
My wife and I went over to Happy Valley, bought coffee and muffins from the kiosk and found a shady seat for an hour or so for morning tea. All very peaceful and civilised. That should put me in the good books for a week or so. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

KMD
regular

Post by KMD » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Fuck me. Four hours of surfing, saw a shit load of pumping waves yet no matter where i would paddle, what i would do, how patient i got i fcking was constantly out of position today. Was infuriating.

Anyone else on the northern beaches get a similar treatment or did i unknowingly run over a dog or something and im getting kicked in the ass by huey for it?

Only upside was at most there was only 2 or 3 guys around me for 50m+ and the majority of the time i was alone. Got about 4 good waves, 1 an hour and only made 3 barrels on a day that looked like, from shore and when i was out there that there was millions to be had.

Still, 4 hours in the sun and did catch ALOT, am totally surfed out and back home with a reduced price iced coffee and sushi.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Shared a session with Baldy and Taj today.. When those two are out it gives you confidence that you're at the best spot available.. Was a bit of a buzz to be on the same bank as KS and it was funny he didn't need to drop in on anyone 'cause everytime he paddled for one everyone else stopped.. :D
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:11 pm

alakaboo wrote:
Went for a roadtrip today. Was tossing up between the Bra and going further afield where the banks are better and the crowds are smaller.
Best decision ever.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say best beachbreak surf I've ever had on a standup.
im guessing said breaks name has five letters in it :wink:

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:33 pm

TrevG wrote:I slept in today. Too small. Saving myself for Sunday. :wink:
My wife and I went over to Happy Valley, bought coffee and muffins from the kiosk and found a shady seat for an hour or so for morning tea. All very peaceful and civilised. That should put me in the good books for a week or so. 8)
Coffee and Muffins puts you in the good books for a week or two! WOW mate, just think of what you could get away with if you took her out to dinner!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:39 pm

ledge71 wrote:
TrevG wrote:I slept in today. Too small. Saving myself for Sunday. :wink:
Coffee and Muffins puts you in the good books for a week or two! WOW mate, just think of what you could get away with if you took her out to dinner!
For me to know........... :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:05 pm

brendo wrote:
alakaboo wrote:
Best decision ever.

im guessing said breaks name has five letters in it :wink:
With this east swell :shock: Would have been off it's tits.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:11 pm

North end of the cenny coast, kegorama and pretty vacant relative to what I imagine was going on in Sydney.

Goin' to church with the missus on Sunday eh trev??

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Topher wrote:
brendo wrote: im guessing said breaks name has five letters in it :wink:
With this east swell :shock: Would have been off it's tits.
nah, wasn't there. at least not any of the first 3 I came up with! :)
but maybe tomorrow...

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:45 pm

WANDERER wrote:North end of the cenny coast, kegorama and pretty vacant relative to what I imagine was going on in Sydney.

Goin' to church with the missus on Sunday eh trev??
Surf'll be up on Sunday and we don't do church. :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

murrum
Local

Post by murrum » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:08 am

Breakwall wedges. 3.5hr session from 10am. NWester was making it slightly lumpy for the first hour then sheet glass and slight westerly. Best it has been since this time last year. Trading pits and long whackable walls with 3 others and watching sooo many go by unridden.

it has been a long time between drinks though.

looking forward to the southerly swell on wkend as the pounding east/neast swell should throw up some interesting banks.
the dreams that stuff was made of

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:32 pm

WANDERER wrote:North end of the cenny coast, kegorama and pretty vacant relative to what I imagine was going on in Sydney.
Same spot this morning, less than half the size, perfect little peelers for some loggin' action, coupla shower caps and some enjoyable tip time... oh did I mention I was the first to paddle out at 9.30ish? and that I didn't bump elbows or have to hassle with another surfer the whole time. bliss. definitely worth the 160minute round trip.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:53 pm

restricted by time to the Bra today.
Chalk and fcken cheese.
Paddled to the sand after 20 minutes, having ridden 2 one and a half foot waves that failed to do anything of interest.
Left 60 odd wave-rabid middle-aged tradies to battle over the scraps.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:14 pm

...sounds like you would have done better at bronte. then again, i'm sure anything would be a let down after yesterday for you.

a dramatic rescue of a toddler at bronte a bit after i got out. s/he was revived, thank god (and praise be to the rescuers). s/he was without pulse when pulled from the water at the south end. hope the little one is ok.

i don't know how s/he ended up in the water. it wasn't exactly swimming conditions there. but pretty easy to be washed in.