Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:06 pm

been surfing really fun beachy peaks last few days and lovin it but surfed a breakwall spot today, very very brown water, crosshore winds and not any good rides were had, Shearer came down for a paddle and sort out some new sleds and when we were looking at it, some really good ones came theu but by the time we got out there, the wind had changed and it just got too high tide, so missed it by an hour or so I think....so murky and sharky, it was hard to relax and enjoy the few waves that did come thru, especially after the dolphins scared the sheet outta me a few times.....gusty NE winds outside now and swell seemed to be building, looking forward to seeing what Monday morning has to offer....
8)

silvafish
Grommet

Post by silvafish » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:04 pm

after a night at pridmores pub,checked out breakwall spot and it was extra brown,with a wave or two for a couple of keen groms,checked backbeach out then ended up back in town surfing a funky right hander with a bloke that runs a surf school and a grom that pulled a backhand air 360 on a rare left,wish i had have meet Mr Shearer,as i do feel i owe him a bacon & egg roll with tea/coffee after enjoying his yarns.. prob would have coughed up for pridmore as well...hotrods everywhere..will bring windex to do pridmores windows next outing...lazy drive home, school prawns 12.50 a kilo for lunch

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:13 pm

its a wonder you could get a room with all the bogans in town, did you surf yesterday here ? Very brown at the wall, super sharky.....i'll take you up on the window cleaner...haha.might get to that tomoz, priorities priorities..... :roll: 8)

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:09 am

Grabbed a little wave and went in style, just like I saw Tom Carroll do it.

Then went in :roll: because I'm a midgey old cunt and was cold in my springy, thought a NE would be warmer than that.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:25 am

^^^^
no country for old skinny runts.
hell yeah, it was fricken cold in over the weekend.
Damn NE ers bring in cold currents.
Busting sculptural moves on a modified twin fin softy amidst a scene from a Breugal pic at Glamarama
yesterday. Nearby Maccas served up some wedgy knee slappers on the low tide too.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 am

skipper wrote:^^^^
no country for old skinny runts.
hell yeah, it was fricken cold in over the weekend.
Damn NE ers bring in cold currents.
Busting sculptural moves on a modified twin fin softy amidst a scene from a Breugal pic at Glamarama
yesterday. Nearby Maccas served up some wedgy knee slappers on the low tide too.
Oh :shock: point being I tucked in like TC :o and that's Brueghel, Heironymous :D

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:04 am

Is anyone up Noosa way today? If so, how's it looking? Getting some conflicting surf reports from glassy early, to bumpy. This queensland wind is starting to annoy.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:25 am

It's a howling nor'easter mate.
Best to wait till the ekka when the westerlys start up again

Ps. Do you know what the BOM site is? Check it sometime

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Cheers Gib..!

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:19 pm

^
Hah skip, can see it here
aus24-Nov15 2010-3.gif
aus24-Nov15 2010-3.gif (74.72 KiB) Viewed 4075 times
, how come!

Skipped up from the Bight, along enzed and around back on us.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:20 am

Went to Noosa today, it was terrible on the point and Tea Tree so thought I would walk to A-Bay through the National Park. :shock:

Fark me, what a trek that was, only to see A-Bay shot with straight onshore winds. Thought it would be a bit protected there.

Must've been a good 3km from where I parked in bare feet, cut my foot on a rock. :evil:

Came back through Tea Tree, gave that a stab, but it was so inconsistant I got the sh*ts and went down off the point on the main beach. Got a few there but small, inconsistant. Should've stayed home.

Considering not going in the afternoon anymore, it's just a waste of time. Its early or bust. 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:55 am

A-bay can be a great wave, but it is a walk, but that keepthe numbers down usually, bit of local knowledge and you reep the rewards...there are a few tracks that are shorted and more direct, can do it in 8 mins if ya wanna jog the shortest track.....what was the wind, must have been east ??? coz you can get a bit of cover from SE or NE at either end...good onya for doing the walk...i've cut my feet there a few times too.....
Surfed a local beachy that is good on NE winds, was different to the way it usually lines up but still really fun, maybe 4 ft on sets and clean as a whistle, fattish rights but when you got one, they had great shape, 2 or 3 hooks then it was time for a meaty chunky shallow shorey, to float or not to float....some fun shoreys that could have easily snapped a board....water was freezing, maybe dropped 5 degrees from 1 weeks ago...Shearer said it was 3 degrees colder than Leenox, it was colder than mid-winter for sure, I had a springy on, but alot had full steamers...and some were in boardies....it was freezing and it was 30 and humid with hot NE winds on land....it happens every year......rode SS double D, went really well, greta to ride guys trade-ins before shaping a newy, then its feelings and not words, its like shaping for myself almost then...plus I get to ride so many boards...problem is, I am supposed to sell them but I have trouble sellingnthe ones that I really like riding, my current quiver is tooooo big..... :roll: :D 8)

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Yea it's best to get there near Sunshine Beach I'm told. Parking around there can be a bit of a b*tch!

Yea it was blowing east, it could'nt have been any messier...

Hehe I only have 3 boards with a 4th on the way, and my Mrs is ropable. :lol:

You might wanna take Dino's advice and spray them all the same colour. :wink:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Fong gets his all yellow for same reason.... My missus is cool, she knows I love boards and really doesnt care too much, but she wouldnt know whats mine and whats for sale, sometimes I dont either haha....
tell ya missus, that surfing is the cheapest sport there is, tell her you wanna take up moto cross and have 4 bikes, plus helmets, plus petrol, plus trailers, plus boots, plus all the protective clothing, plus more fuel.....surfing keeps us happy, sane and able to deal with the bullshit that is life,,, fark, i got a bit deep and wise there, maybe I've been eating too many red ants..... :roll:

surfed icey rights today, coldest water I have ever been in....

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:22 pm

pridmore wrote:fark, i got a bit deep and wise there, maybe I've been eating too many red ants..... :roll:
Inhaled too much polyurethane dust today perhaps? :o

Topher
regular

Post by Topher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Surfed nowhere. Thought a few spots might have little wave but noooooo. Lovely 2hour round trip :?

Got to listen to a few new cd's. Still much better than being at work.

When is syd/sth coast going to get some waves during the week :cry:

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Surfed some fun, clean, peaky, punchy 2-3ft waves at my fav SC beachie this morning. Sweep and rips were shitting me early on, but they farked off and it turned on.

Got some nice fun waves yesterday at a location a little further south too. Was so shattered this afternoonn after 2*3hr surfs (over the last two days).

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:51 am

Flinders was only getting on average a 1 - 1.5 metre swell this morning but the rides were long, the sun was shining, blue skies above, cool clear water etc. and it was just me out there meaning I got as much as I pleased :D
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love