Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

marcus
Owl status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by marcus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:09 pm

surfed on my mal at a beachy between Newcastle and Swansea.
wasn't too bad, had some fun.
wasnt the best surf but got some paddle practice
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:32 pm

went out in wind blown crap today, and I do mean crap, the way Im figuring it by surfing wind slop it just means that the next really good surf is just that much closer to happening
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Digger, if it's not clean on the surf report I don't go out. I guess it depends how early you go too and weather or not shearer's out of bed yet. :wink:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:04 pm

bout an our drive and ten mins walk, well worth it though...alot better than the pics show..... :D

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 pm

i could say but want :wink:

my hamstrings are killin me 8)

i hope it stays flat :lol:

soooooooooooo into my board....it goes unreal

i've had issues with snappin it in small stuff given it's 6'10

( u got ride longer compete with the mals :cry: )

but found today the go is just throw it up in the lip and let that help turn it around for me :idea:

every surf it just goes better and better and i get more used to it

i'm loving the fu.cker....best present eva :!: :!: :!: 8)
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:28 am

Gunnamatta before work (working from home in the morning today)

Joint was packed as the conditions were really good - well in the first carpark anyway. Water temps are back in the good zone now, no more need for booties and hot skins with the 3/2.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

roundhouse
Grommet

Post by roundhouse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:58 am

Priddy, would there be planes buzzing round that place at times? always wanted to hit it if so.. Seems sharky tho..

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:00 pm

2 hours of really smackable beachy peaks and wedges, just meant to be hit and belted, so much fun...bit crowded but got heaps of waves, water was bit cool but refreshing....head high and really really fun...rode a quad I did for NC, shaping him a newy today and was good to ride the old one a few times before shaping the newest edition.....board went great but good to understand where he is coming from, words are one thing but to feel how it works is a whole nother deal...... 8)
back for some more with the billy lids after school..... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:02 pm

roundhouse wrote:Priddy, would there be planes buzzing round that place at times? always wanted to hit it if so.. Seems sharky tho..
maybe and yep..... :roll:

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:59 pm

What the hell happened to Sheara this morning... Has he hit the forty winks till the weekend? :P

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:31 pm

His curtains have faded due to the bloody daylight saving down in nsw and he hasn't been getting his usual 10hrs of sleep.
So to enable a decent nights sleep he has made a makeshift bed at the bottom of an old corrugated water tank and pinched an elders realo sign to cover the opening so that no damn sunlight pokes it's way into his blackened slumber zone.
He will be hybernating till April

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm

bumfluff wrote:What the hell happened to Sheara this morning... Has he hit the forty winks till the weekend? :P
Hey BF, are you referring to the no SC surf report on SN this morning? Shearer doesn't do the SC Surf Report mate. He does the SC Surf Forecast but not the daily report (he does the daily Ballina Surf Report).

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:48 pm

ledge71 wrote:Got a a great afternoon of 4 to 4ft here in PNG. No problems with people with other boards hitting you here, only 3 of us in the water today, bloody crowds!
Hey Ledge, you gonna be up in PNG around Sunday 21st November? Looks like you should have your first real N'ly groundswell of the season arrive around then. Probably something in the 3-4ft range, super inconsistent, but probably something with way more power than what you've been recently surfing??

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:22 pm

Donweather wrote:
bumfluff wrote:What the hell happened to Sheara this morning... Has he hit the forty winks till the weekend? :P
Hey BF, are you referring to the no SC surf report on SN this morning? Shearer doesn't do the SC Surf Report mate. He does the SC Surf Forecast but not the daily report (he does the daily Ballina Surf Report).
The plot thickens. So he lives down south, does the Ballina surf report, but also does the Sunny Coast forecast.

Gotcha. They might wanna check up on where old mate who does the Sunny Coast report is cause he didn't show up for work today.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:51 pm

saw the guy who shaped my board in the water today...he was stoked with how it's going for me

it's really good for me get so much good feedback on this board because it's nothin like i would normally even consider ride :shock:

i just feel really confident on it 8) and when people tell me it's working for me thats just a added boost

( surfings 40 percent physical and a 100 percent mental :D )

ummmm...obviously...i'm surfing....hredytfguih.lnbo :lol:

p.s bombers hey mark, have u found the inshore reef yet :?: about half way down the beach...need a 4wd ....it's a quality wave when not covered in sand but fully wind exposed
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:09 am

it's nothin like i would normally even consider ride

some people go thru their entire surfing life riding the wrong shapes, and all the more reason to try lots of different boards, and like you say, its a board you wouldnt have considered riding, ( let alnoe order ), even at the board testing days I have, some guys still wont consider trying certain things, and then thats the mental side of it, they think that certain boards couldnt work for them or whatever, best to try everything....glad you are frothing over a 6'10", it'll help with competing with the mals too I guess.... 8)

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:56 am

My wifes uncle rides boards around the 6'10"-7'0 mark as shortys. He reckons it's all about where the wide point is placed in relation to a measurement from the tail. I tried shaping a few using his method of thinking and it did work well for certain waves. Great paddling power and still turned well but they felt looooooong. Anyway, I moved back to conventional lengths but still have a 7'0 I use every now and again to keep it all in perspective

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Donweather wrote:
ledge71 wrote:Got a a great afternoon of 4 to 4ft here in PNG. No problems with people with other boards hitting you here, only 3 of us in the water today, bloody crowds!
Hey Ledge, you gonna be up in PNG around Sunday 21st November? Looks like you should have your first real N'ly groundswell of the season arrive around then. Probably something in the 3-4ft range, super inconsistent, but probably something with way more power than what you've been recently surfing??
And it looks like you could have another similar sized follow up swell later that week (around Friday 26th November).