Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

scot
regular

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by scot » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:21 pm

cool sat lunch time sounds good. i have your mobile so i'll contact you on sat and sort and when and where.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm

pridmore wrote:also keen to chat then Don if Sat lunch suits you ? , maybe a surf or beer at Cooly pub and chat about your newy ??? 8)
Will just have to check what the social coordinator has in line for Saturday lunchtime/arvo, but that could be a goer. Shame there wont be much swell to surf by then though!!

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm

thank god it's not in sydney yet...

I was almost embarrassed getting into the surf today :oops:
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Where is that board now?? I am about to fly up to Sunny Coast this weekend (Sat 7th) and drive back along the coast over a few days to Newcastle. So if the board needs to hitch a ride it would be no probs.
Cheers Ben
PS Mark gonna see if I can pull into the shop for a surf/beer.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Scot has the board and he took it from me about 3 or 4 days ago....Havent heard any feedback as yet but I'm goin to try to contact JF to see if he is still keen...then we can work out if Slowly can pick it up somewhere along the road and take it south with him.....if that happens, looks like it might be in Sydney earlier than predicted....

scot
regular

Post by scot » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:15 am

Mark,
The waves have been pretty bad since i got the board but I have managed to get out at dbah for 3 quick surfs.
monday was the best as it was clean but only knee - waist high.
after a few nice little waves I am a bit reluctant to give it up.
the board goes good. its a bit longer that my usual shorty but I havnt noticed it when riding. it turns easily and feels nice and fast.

would love to get it out on a nice point break like the one near you.
guess i might have to wait to see if it comes back this way when we actually have some waves.

i will give John a call to see if he can pick it up and have a go before slowy comes thru.

scot

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:03 pm

glad to hear you liked it mate...sometimes that extra length and width is a real bonus when surfing small shitty waves, least you get the extra speed from the additional planing area, there is more board to throw around but you can usually adjust to that IMO....stoked you had fun on it and sorry couldnt catch up at Cooly to pass the QF over but had family stuff goin on.......cheers.... 8)

JF

Post by JF » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Mark,
I've got the the QF now (thanks Scott) and it looks very nice! Should get a couple of surfs on it over the weekend. Can't wait.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:25 am

hope you are getting a few waves JF...any contact between you and Slowly to see what happens with the QF ??? If Slowly doesnt get it from you, might get it down to Mr. Shearer, he has a few other boards I have to grab soon anyway and might work out ok...plus he owns a QF of slighlty diff dims, be keen to hear his thoughts on this one....but still hoping for Slowly to take it towards Syd if it works out.... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:59 pm

think you'll like the project QF, most seem to be enjoying it...be interesting to hear the feedback from someone who is into his quads.... 8)

JF

Post by JF » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Had the QF out Fri arvo and Sat morning (Hastings Pt area) but surf was really poor- small mush. Yesterday may've been better but couldn't get there.

Board felt really good. Fast, as expected, but also surprisingly loose. 17 year old son had a couple on it and was really impressed. He's normally not that interested in anything with enough foam for his old man to paddle, but he really liked this board.

It's pretty much identical dims to the thruster I ride at the moment, but it surfs like a smaller board- more responsive but still stable and good to paddle. Love to try it in some better waves.

Haven't heard from Slowy yet, but won't complain if I have to hang on to it a bit longer!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Slowly moved too quickly, he's already at Pt Macquaire....so you got it for a bit longer JF, glad to hear you like it and your son too....whats your son usually ride ? has he ridden quads much ??? I am currently doin alot of QFs' around the 6'0" size range for guys who usually ride 6'2 or 6'3's and they seem to be lovin them .....happy if you have it for a bit longer, maybe contact Steve Shearer and arrange to pass it onto him ...he is always up and down that part of the coast so it'll be easy to arrange....

after Steve, I might have it for a while then I'll need to get it to Sydney or possibly at least down to Newcastle area to Slowly so if anyone is holidaying or travelling, let me know please..... 8)

JF

Post by JF » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:31 pm

My son rides your pretty standard 6'0 thruster. He has ridden my 6'2" Bourton Batfish quad a few times but sees it as more a novelty for really small days. However, I definitely saw his eyes light up on this one- may have changed his thinking. I'll see if I can get him on it again this week.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey Mark OT but ran into Kerry and your Mum down the pub on saturday arvo/night, had a little chat.

Thats all.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:18 am

ok, tie to get it heading south, can anyone help get it to Newy area or close ??? JF has currently got the QF and is around Brunswick area...I can get it to Yamba so just seeing if anyone can assist with transport south ???
or even to Sydney ??? and will need to hear from keen punters in Sydney soon to arrange where its heading to..... 8)

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:48 am

Close to the 10th of Dec would be good for me if its around in Sydney .
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:54 am

I'm happy to grab it in Sydney first?

I live between both the northern and eastern beaches, so it'll be pretty easy for me to drop it to either areas once I've had a surf or two on it.

Similar to huie's board, we could organise a realsurf board orgy (I mean swap) day again. That was good fun!
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:24 pm

if its an orgy, maybe I should have sent a Swinger :roll: :roll: now just gotta get it down there ..
anyone headin OS or a road trip ?, be good to get the QF to do some trips....seeing how the bat went to a few places... dont wanna pay for couriers, hopoing someone is heading that way sometime soon..... 8)