Quadfather Project Board....

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

diggerdickson
barnacle

Re: Quadfather Project Board....

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:20 pm

don, if your up this way on thursday let me know, hoping to catch up with fong to go for a early
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:44 pm

get a pic of all ya boofheads with the QF maybe.... 8)

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Cpt.Caveman wrote:Looking forward to the quadfather weekend day in Sydney, I'll bring mine along if someone wants to have a go of a 6'0" version :)
Will keep my eye on the progress of the QF and find it somewhere when it gets down this way.

All the better if I get to meet a few realsurf folk along the way. May be able to hook up with you cavemen if other variables coalesce in my favour.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Sounds good mate! Would be good to catch up and talk quads and fish oil :)

As long as its not the weekend of Oct 10 and 11, I'll probably be free!
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:43 pm

Mark, I'm actually heading up tomorrow morning now and I've been trying to get a hold of Josh on his mobi, since this afternoon but it keeps just going straight through to his voicemail (left several messages). I've also tried sending him a text.

Is there anyone else around the Kawana stretch that I can drop it off to tomorrow morning between 8 and 8:30am?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:44 pm

diggerdickson wrote:don, if your up this way on thursday let me know, hoping to catch up with fong to go for a early
I'm going up Tuesday now digger......already text fong letting him know that.....not sure if he's coming down tomorrow or not?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm

he was goin away til Wednesday arvo I think, just han onto it nd surf it a few times if you can or want... try him Wednesday night or Thursday morning, no drama's....any waves up there ATM ???

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Ummmmm, only one problem.....I live in Brisbane!!!! So I wasn't intending to go back up there this week (after tomorrow), hence my question is there anywhere else I can drop it off tomorrow around the bottom end of the SC?

I might be able to leave it with a mate who lives at Mudjimba (he's coming to Wurtulla tomorrow) and ask him if he can drop it off on Thursday to Josh? or I can leave it with my mate at Currumundi and Josh could pick it up from him come Thursday morning?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:09 pm

didnt know you were in Briz...leave it with ya mate in 'curried me undies' and just pass the details onto Josh if thats cool, or PM me the details and I can do it...either way, all good... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:47 am

Mark, I have the board, saved Don having to worry about it.
Can you let me know Josh's contact details by pm or e-mail.
If it's OK, will let a mate of mine have a go tomorrow and then can pass onto Josh whenever he's available.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:49 am

Cpt.Caveman wrote:Sounds good mate! Would be good to catch up and talk quads and fish oil :)

That's the Bathurst weekend. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:55 am

TrevG wrote:
Cpt.Caveman wrote:Sounds good mate! Would be good to catch up and talk quads and fish oil :)

Also the middle of the school hols in NSW.

Would be surprised if it gets here by then but we can work that out if it does.

Quads and fish oil sounds good.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:59 am

oldman wrote:
TrevG wrote:

Also the middle of the school hols in NSW.

Would be surprised if it gets here by then but we can work that out if it does.

Quads and fish oil sounds good.
You guys will be lucky to see it by Christmas :lol: :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:31 pm

TrevG wrote:You guys will be lucky to see it by Christmas :lol: :wink:
You know it.

I'm planning a week or so up at Sawtell in early January. May be able to pick it up then. :lol:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Of course its ok Trev, appreciate ya help mate...pm on the way..... 8)

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Well I have to say I was dissappointed rockin up to my FSCB this morning with quadfather under the arm. Swell was a hoax on the SC this morning at dawn (i'm imagining it picked up after I got out?) 1-2ft with the very very very odd freak 2ft+ set at best. I was hoping to test the quadfather out in something with a little bit more size and shape, but that wasn't to be.

So at first it was a little weird surfing something new and different to my thruster, and the first couple of waves I got were a bit fat so that probably didn't do the QF any justice at all. However by the end of the 2.5hr session I have to say I'm a damn big fan. This was probably the fastest board that I've ridden in a straight line. It was also the most easiest to paddle and catch waves that I would never had even contemplated catching before (with respect to getting up on the waves so early). A few pumps down the line and whammo feels like your at light speed.

Unfortunately the waves were quite quick on the shallow bank this morning and so I didn't get a huge lot of opportunity to get her into too many reasonable turns. At first it felt a little difficult to get into the turn, but I think that was more a function of the extra volume in the board (chest area and above, towards the nose) but with a bit more weight and positioning towards the back the turns seemed appropriately loose....probably not as loose as my thruster, but still easily turned nonetheless. Mark, I'd be interested in your thoughts, but I was thinking of shaving say 1-2 inches off the length, particularly given the extra volume I don't think this would sacrifice a great deal of paddling speed (for me anyway) and yet it could help with turning the board slightly easier (I'm only a little skinny chap....6'1" and 75-80kgs).

I can see where this boards come from Mark with your local point and I can completely understand why Steve likes it so much. I reckon the QF would go unbelievably good on a barrelling point wave like Burlz, Kirra, Indo or even the Maldives.....something where this board with it's exceptional drive would allow you to just race and race down the line......so, yes Mark, you've sold me, but I probably wont look at ordering one until a wee bit closer to my next OS trip next year.

Thanks so much for the trial, Mark. Trev now has the QF and he said he'll offload to Josh on Thursday (thanks Trev, you're a life saver for doing that for me).

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:39 am

Well, the QF got a good workout this morning.
MY mate, Mick the plumber took it out to the point (the real point - Mark, you'll know where I mean).
Took a bit of getting used to as his board is a little bit wider, but after an hour he joined us in the main take-off zone.
Out at the point I thought he looked a bit tentative on the forehand turns and he confirmed this when i talked to him later. But when he moved over into the longer rides he started to get the hang of it - very fast down the line and good off the lip. I saw him get covered up at least once.
Mick says he started to feel more at home with it as the morning went on. He has a rear foot grip on his board and missed that a bit, which may have had some bearing on his forehand turns.
His current board is a custom but he likes the QF.
I'll try to chase up Josh today. (sleep first 8) )
Beanpole

Skipper

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 am

Cool, great to hear the board is goin well and getting quite a bit of use too...some interesting but good feedbck there also....
Don, stoked you enjoyed the QF.... generally my QF's are a touch wider than this one which by the sounds would have suited you and the waves you were surfing...the project one was very slighly more refined to make it more suited to the wide variety of surfers and waves it would see, also to make it resemble dims that alot of guys surf and therefore less hesitation to try the board and also less transition once riding it...
Sounds like ya mate struggled but perservered until he got it sussed Trev, great stuff....
any pics would be much appreciated... 8) did Josh from MeSurf take the QF mate ??? 8)