Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:16 pm

danw wrote:ah, keep forget some you blokes up the goldy/sunny coasts.
at first trev thouht you came from cenny coast cos of john s thing. but then you told me anout GoodYear connection i understood how you know him.
anyhow trev look forward put some pictures up.
we had some nice waves last 5days
I worked in Sydney from 1994 until we came home to retire in 2007.
Many years ago John started Coastal Tyre Service at Erina, then sold it to Alan Hillery who was a very good customer of mine. I used to work with the dealers up there and we always included John because he was at the company owned store at Gosford.

danw
regular

Post by danw » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:44 am

^^ :lol:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:50 am

FFS that is fukin hilarious.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:19 pm

Ringmaster wrote:Some blokes talking about a surf trip 70 odd years ago............

http://surfinglife.com.au/videos/random
Well found Ringers. :lol:
There's a whole series of those things on You Tube. It's always the same bit of film with a different theme.
Hillarious. At least Hitler has proved useful for something, finally. :mrgreen:
Maybe we can set up one with the theme of the Realsurf Forums pic posting problems. Hitler can be Don replying to all the negative comments. :twisted:
There's even a couple of part sin there for Kyles and Betty Boop. 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:16 pm

10 to 5 this morning, my local is flat, so I go a little further north and check out A St etc and the beachies beyond. Pretty ordinary so back to my local. Gonna go for a walk. In the half hour or so I've been away, the swell has arrived (maybe that low off NSW?).
Anyway I'm stuffed after 2 hours of catching waves and paddling back out. 8)
Even got smashed a couple of times and almost ended up on the groyne.
Has to rate as one of my best surf sessions ever.
Maybe 10 out (4 of whom were female :lol: )
Will post some pics later to give you some idea of what it looked like after I'd had my fill.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:55 pm

01.jpg
The Lineup
02.jpg
Plenty of wall to work with
03.jpg
Unused barrell - going cheap
04.jpg
Down a bit low, but he made it
05.jpg
Off the lip coming up?
06.jpg
Gonna get smashed.
07.jpg
Fong's Reef looking clean
ps. Good to see Don's removed the 3 picture limitation.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:09 pm

cant be called Fongs reef Trev, he isnt even a Queenslander and only been there 1 year...c'mon mate, has he even surfed it yet... That left gets like small pipe.... Lots of other secret waves like that around Noosa :roll: :roll: :roll: 8) :lol: Nice Trev, was that today ??? you guys have had a good run with waves of late, it was very small and really bad here today... :roll: :roll:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm

pridmore wrote:cant be called Fongs reef Trev, he isnt even a Queenslander and only been there 1 year...c'mon mate, has he even surfed it yet... That left gets like small pipe.... Lots of other secret waves like that around Noosa :roll: :roll: :roll: 8) :lol: Nice Trev, was that today ??? you guys have had a good run with waves of late, it was very small and really bad here today... :roll: :roll:
I only call it that because the first time he came down here he saw it an fell in love with it. Keeps promising to come back and surf it but can't get past a certain place with an even longer paddle. :lol:
Besides, if I call it Fong's Reef I don't have to call it by its real name and only a local will recognise it.
And yes, it was today. As I said, flat then up to that in about 45 minutes. 8)
We've been making up for the second half of last year.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:31 pm

very nice trev!! i cant believe that noosa reef was empty.... a bit lower tide and it wouldve been going shakkadamus.. or a bit more south :O did you see kbg yesterday on the mid tide trev? i heard it was going berserks mode....

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 pm

lambert wrote:very nice trev!! i cant believe that noosa reef was empty.... a bit lower tide and it wouldve been going shakkadamus.. or a bit more south :O did you see kbg yesterday on the mid tide trev? i heard it was going berserks mode....
Not a Noosa reef.
No didn't see kbg but it has been good on and off for the last couple of weeks. I posted some pics on here the other day without identifying them.

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:46 pm

HAHA.... noosa's closest resemblance to reef is black n deckers- which is nothing but sand baby.. noosa blows massive chunks, no need to go anywhere more nth than old woman imo

did you hear another +10 foot tiger got pulled from a stones throw north of guvs :?

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Really nice Trev! Mid tide going out, liney E swell. Good ingredients for your spot.

If that's Fong's reef, can we name the next part of it about 100m further N Tiges Reef? I'll take 2nds over 1sts any day.

Couldn't swing a surf today, too busy, so I've been a cranky prick all day :evil: . And of course Sunshine was off chops :x . Hopefully still a bit lingering for the early.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:55 pm

tiger wrote:Really nice Trev! Mid tide going out, liney E swell. Good ingredients for your spot.

If that's Fong's reef, can we name the next part of it about 100m further N Tiges Reef? I'll take 2nds over 1sts any day.
OK. Tiger's Reef it is. 8)
Some good rights there but their a bit hard to see from the hilltop.
I've noticed them when looking front on from that little rocky headland which I don't know the name of (some local, huh?) :oops:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:38 pm

I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD JUST RUSH STRAIGHT IN AND NAME IT TIGERS :!:

how about backdoor fongs :shock:

ehhhh...that kinda sounds painfull :lol: but got a "ring " too it :roll:

don't listen too westies trev :twisted:

p.s and yes...i have surfed it....and love it....just like another old woman better/closer :idea:

pffft,,,,tig,,,,u got get out from under that thumb mate ( as good looking the rest that thumb may be attached too and all :wink:) :lol:

p.p.p.s didn't surf today :cry: worked and than had jump hoops get my boat trailer registered into qld plates

thats it...all done...two cars a boat a trailer = best part two grand

too get a stamp off the local government :!:

i've spent more time in tewantin qld transport office than the front bar the reef hotel :shock:

well....no..i lie... :oops:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:45 am

mustkillmulloway wrote: i've spent more time in tewantin qld transport office
oh wow, it takes a strong person to go into that place more than once....

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:33 am

Rye back beach

Four foot junky, peaky slop with a rip so strong you just had to sit on your board in the right spot and it literally swept you right out into something resembling a take off zone.

Timing a wave was more down to luck and the swell would peak and rear up on the sand bars, at times over 2 metres, giving you a decent hiding if you were dumb enough, like me, to be sitting right under it :evil:

Consequently I got belted, caught maybe two waves, went over the falls a couple of times while the rest of the crowd, who obviously surf Rye a lot, got a decent share.

Give me Gunnamatta anyday, not because it would've been better, but only because I know the bastard better in conditions like this. However my mate wanted to got to Rye as we haven't been there in a while. I've got a feeling I won't be back for a fcuking decent while now either!

But it's all good 8)
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:38 pm

a little late in the report from tuesday. for a change of scenery, i took a trip over the bridge. went to palm beach. looked like shit, so i had a sleep under a nice tree. woke up, went to whale and had a splash. decided i wanted a pie. had a look at nn and kept going. grabbed a pie and went to dee why. couple of vaguely ridable waves.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:22 pm

purple pyramids wrote:a little late in the report from tuesday. for a change of scenery, i took a trip over the bridge. went to palm beach. looked like shit, so i had a sleep under a nice tree. woke up, went to whale and had a splash. decided i wanted a pie. had a look at nn and kept going. grabbed a pie and went to dee why. couple of vaguely ridable waves.
yeah, yeah :!: stuff all that ... we know the surf was cr@p this morning ... tell us how was the pie ... :?: