Flesh eating surfers

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

CaptKooK
Grommet

Re: Flesh eating surfers

Post by CaptKooK » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:54 pm

^ except it's not controversial, people just don't like to know the truth about these things because it makes them feel uncomfortable.

To Chong I grew up eating meat and the only difference I really notice is that you become more regular and you get that good feeling of doing the right thing instead of the easy thing.

All those other health things you mention if your only harming yourself I don't see a problem with that. With surfboard materials I would imagine that will start to get greener in time like those boardies made out of plastic bottles.

I agree with you on the organic thing its the maccas, woolies factory farming horror i have a problem with.

Switching to a vegetarian/vegan diet is the biggest impact an individual can have in reducing their carbon footprint and you don't even have to do anything just stop doing something.

Before some genius starts ranting about 'do you drive a car' etc I believe in technology and moving forward so am not suggesting we move back to the cave just naturally progress to a cleaner, smarter future.

Cookie
regular

Post by Cookie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:00 pm

oldman wrote:
Growth steroids are used in battery chicken production, and antibiotic use to keep chickens from dying in the squalid environments is a perfect way to breed antibiotic resistant bacteria that will kill us all.

Rant over, should have gone in the controversial opinions thread.

Pretty much all of that is just pure fantasy. Here's one on chickens to start:

http://www.steggles.com.au/chicken-myths/

The rest of it is equally as wrong. Do you make this stuff up yourself or are you really that far out of touch with reality.

Maybe if you actually came up with some facts instead of old wive's tales people might stop to listen.

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:11 pm

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp ... &Player=wm

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. ~Albert Einstein

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:21 pm

^^^ :lol: you can't be serious :arrow: using steggles as a source
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:26 pm

munch wrote:^^^ :lol: you can't be serious :arrow: using steggles as a source
Well Yomutha quoted a UK Vego source - with research commisioned by vegos. :lol:

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Regardless of your views about general health claims, even small amounts of red meat appear to be toxic long term and are definitely implicated in a range of cancers and other ailments, full stop. Red meat is very questionable health wise, even taken in moderation, even organic.

i disagree complete oldman^^
very fanatical stuff, and basically in my experience very untrue
signatures, finally got it covered.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Growth steroids are used in battery chicken production, and antibiotic use to keep chickens from dying in the squalid environments is a perfect way to breed antibiotic resistant bacteria that will kill us all.

^^^^^^

BULLSHIT,

public arse wipe centres(hospitals) are anti bug farms, and you reckon chickens are a problem

fcuk me :shock:

Thibb
Grommet

Post by Thibb » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:46 pm

I spot four kinds of surfers in this thread:
1) those who enjoying starting a bit of a sh1tfight (NC)
2) those who will happily be provoked (the vego team)
3) those who enjoy trouncing the minority with the devil's advocate's arguments knowing they have the masses on their side anyway (the carne team)
4) those who seem to have considered both sides of the argument and at least attempt to make some sense of the truth that lies in the middle (oldman).

betty boop
regular

Post by betty boop » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:51 pm

oldman wrote:Having tried to avoid making inflammatory comments about people's choice of food, I would now like to slip into sanctimonious mode and declare that people who eat brains, liver, tripe and the like are short a few chromosomes. I'll never get that. In a moral sense it is no more questionable than eating muscle, but culturally I just find it a little sick making.
Oldman, i have a funny story, but should declare my bias as a meat and offal loving, environment wrecker.

We were at a wonderful Armenian wedding. Well, in the best Australian tradition, she was Armenian and he was Lebanese. The reception was multiple courses, much like tapas. They were small portions, but varied and yummy. Most of it was not recognisable so we just ate it. We were at the "work colleagues" table so none of us had seen much Armenian food before. In particular there was one dish which was so good that we kept asking for it. Finally one of the girls asked what it was as she was a vegetarian.........Imagine her horror when the waiter told her that it was sheeps brain. :D :D :D

Really, it was just the best food. You couldn't smell offal at all and the 3 veggos at our table all ate it until they found out what it was. The other 7 also stopped ordering it when its origins were revealed. So, there was just me pining after my offal hit. :( :(

I think that food dislikes are often affected by negative or lack of exposure. I can't imagine not liking fish heads, ox tongue and chicken feet. All the kids at my daughter's school think that raw fish is a normal lunch, but there is something poisonous about capsicums. My brother's step children don't identify pineapples as food. My father thinks that all cheese is foul.

There must be something about food preferences which becomes ingrained in your childhood. Of course, there are exceptions.

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:50 am

a few cows? in the US over 27 Billion animals are killed for food each year, how many is that? a few,several?

Don't forget the land clearing that needs to be done for our cattle and all their shit. So you believe Australias meat supply is provided by thousands of 20 cow lots, wow you are a DREAMER.

Also you get about 20 times more protein per acre from soy than cattle and it doesn't F up the ground and air.

If you consider population the big problem what are you actively doing to combat this?

So your a climate sceptic? Mind if i ask your qulaifications in this area, i myself have none but was just going off what all the top scientists in the world are saying. You don't seem like someone who would just avoid facts to support your filthy corpse eating diet so i'm sure you have some rock hard scientific evidence that the world does not yet know about.

Chillin
charger

Post by Chillin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:40 am

munch wrote:^^^ :lol: you can't be serious :arrow: using steggles as a source
Regardless of the source, the law still applies.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:50 am

Here's how we roll here in North Carolina :oops: :? :shock: :( :) :D 8) .
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:11 am

dinosaur wrote:

you wanna give us a little run down on surfing there Offalshore ? I know its off topic. I don't think it'll matter though, most of these nuts have bee off the topic for years.

here ya go dino. Nick is very familiar with the crew over here...... hence his passion for Carolina Treet barbeque sauce.... :wink:

mind you, this chaotic miasma that is the east coast US, is why Kelly, the Hobgoods, the Lopez's are so hungry .......
Last edited by offshore1 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
marauding mullet wrote:

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:38 am

dinosaur wrote:. I was expecting blokes to come out of the tube taking shots at bear or venison running along the beach.

yeah dino, we do some of that too, after a fashion......
marauding mullet wrote:

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Dinasaur- not sure how you gained owl status you don't come across as wise.

Let me explain it to you humans are going to have some impact on the Earth no matter what, the idea is to reduce that impact as much as is reasonably possible.

Thus because you get 20 times more protein per acre with soy that's 20 times less land clearing with the same amount of protein with the added benefit of no air pollution or land degradation from the hard hooves of the cattle.( the cattle aren't native either dino)

Don't forget how much more water these cattle require, not too clever for a sunburnt country.

Further at the moment 95% of soy is used for animal feed therefore you need to clear land for the cattle AND their feed, double whammy, how do like thems apples?

look at all the car companies going to hybrid vehicles when in fact more carbon is produced from animal agriculture than all transport it's only a matter of time before the public wakes from it's apathetic slumber.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Normal balanced people eat food. Abnormal deluded fanatics eat protein, vitamins minerals and carbohydrates.

^^ true for me as well, i eat food for my body and it feels right unless i eat too much meat lovers pizza.
im starting to think i just no idea about the vegetarian thing, dont you ever feel like eating meat??