the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

i want ride the fat bat

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm

yes....pick me pick me
75%
i don't find kk that attractive
25%

Total votes: 20

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: TMC :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made my day 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:09 pm

I think Butts was having lots of fun watching the TMC show....

looking forward to seeing if BattyBoop can compete with TMC's efforts...hope you are getting some nice waves for the AquaBat...

betty boop
regular

Post by betty boop » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:01 pm

Disclaimer for Betty going batty on the Bat.

I am still on the beginner side of surfing, so don't laugh too much.

Took the Aquabat out this morning at Freshie. Just dropping off high tide.
Just some waist to chest high waves.

To my surprise, I caught some waves and stood up and managed a few turns. I haven't tried a quad before, but really enjoyed the board.

Had lots of fun. It has less volume than my 6'4"McCoy nugget, but seems to catch waves almost as well. It is definitely much looser than my board and doesn't need a heavy back foot like the McCoy. Stable enough for me stand easily, and probably about right volume for my little beginner bones, as I can duck dive it under small waves.

Nice and fast, like my nugget on fat high tide waves.

Came home as the water was freezing (Wetsuit seams are not holding up and I think I lost some fat since I bought it).

Decided to wake my Beloved Husband, as he looked like he wanted to be woken up (well, actually he looked like he wanted to sleep in, but it was such a lovely day). Nagged him until he left with board.

He went to Curl Curl. He normally rides a 7'6" minimal, so was a happy to catch a few waves and stand up. Probably a bit small for him to step down from a minimal as he's only been surfing for 12 months.

Then, found a neighbour who wanted to have a go. He is a surfing tragic, like the rest of you. He normally rides a longer semigun shape. Told me that he had fun, too. He prefers his boards which have bit more drive off the bottom turn, but had a good time on the Aquabat. He passes on his thanks to Mark.

Tomorrow is meant to be gale force winds and I have visitors staying, and a mother in law birthday party to attend. My middle ear is blocked and hurts so I am not sure if the Bat will go out tomorrow.

Anyway, Aquabat has had a nice day and has been tucked in early, ready for the next surf.

betty boop
regular

Post by betty boop » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:48 pm

I am sick so I will have to pass the Aquabat on a bit early.

I've got a perforated ear drum and between that and the vomiting, I won't be surfing this week.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:52 pm

thats no good at all :cry: but at least you had some waves on it and were involved, hope you get better soon and thanks for sharing the board around, thats what we wanted, MORE the merrier....

Oldman's turn with the board so you guys should work out ws the easiest way to pass it on...Jet01 is also keen for a few waves on it before its heads south with Faniel in about 1 week... 8)

any pics Betty???

betty boop
regular

Post by betty boop » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:52 pm

pridmore wrote:thats no good at all :cry: but at least you had some waves on it and were involved, hope you get better soon and thanks for sharing the board around, thats what we wanted, MORE the merrier....

Oldman's turn with the board so you guys should work out ws the easiest way to pass it on...Jet01 is also keen for a few waves on it before its heads south with Faniel in about 1 week... 8)

any pics Betty???
After TMC's effort, i don't think that I am brave enough to be photgraphed by Butts.

I can't even surf.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to try the Fatbat. It's been a great idea.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:01 pm

Is this the Realsurf's most boring thread ever?

Sorry guys but 14 pages of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

An insomniac's dream.

Faniel
regular

Post by Faniel » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:03 am

hello BB,

well i am exposed to your posts all the time but never felt any need what so ever to respond to the silly things you say,

b/c they are mostly just silly and also putting down of people,

Personally i regard this as one of the saddest pictures of the human condition.
to hide behind an anonymous computer screen and attempt to prop your own self up to be something you may wish to be and make your own dysfunctional ego feel better by putting other people down.
it truly is the saddest thing to witness but anyway generally i just leave you to it and scroll past your negative posts.

cross my heart hope to die stick a needle in my eye, if i ever reply to one of your kindergarten comments again i will put myself on detention.

this happens to be the only worthwhile thread on 'Realsurf' at the moment.

real surfers exploring real and new ways to express their relationship with the ocean and the multiple different ways to enjoy that experience.

Not to mention the amazing way it has linked like minded people from the entire length of the East Coast with a common purpose.

FFS who knows where it could end? the Bat could go on and circumnavigate the globe for years and us Realsurfers and 'PRIDMORE' HAIL THE NAME! were there involved from the beginning,
there might be a Fat Bat Mark 2, dozens of them even.
SHIT surfers in general might actually learn something from Priddys time and effort.

Next time you want some attention, pick a thread which isnt contributing to the experience of surfing,
there is a very good reason this thread is 14 pages long but I'm not going to tell you, only a 'real' surfer would understand.

TRULY IF YOU FIND THIS MOMENTUM A BIT OF A YAWN
YOU MIGHT SERIOUSLY CONSIDER BOTHERING SOME OTHER ANONYMOUS PEOPLE ON A INTERNET SITE WHICH YOU ARE MORE COMPATIBLE WITH!

Regards Faniel

No offense, but if you dont have anything constructive to say or even want to have a go on the board then just go away dude, your SILLY COMMENTS aren't appreciated here.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:17 am

Well said, Fanny. 8)

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:26 am

ok back to the topic now.
was there any good photos of tmc? :lol:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:35 am

g_u_m_b_y wrote:ok back to the topic now.
was there any good photos of tmc? :lol:
waddaya mean ? havent you see the one at the top of this page ??? :roll: He was having a dig and lots of fun and I rckon its made a few of us smile so its all good. ... maybe some more pics of the bat at different breaks woulkd be good to kinda track the journey, cant believe we havent had a pic of the board with some hot bikini girls yet... :roll: I am looking forward to the board continuing its journey south and need a few other keen surfers to ride the AquaBat in the Gong area soon.... 8)

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:18 am

Buff_Brad wrote:Is this the Realsurf's most boring thread ever?

An insomniac's dream.
Couldn't have been too boring if you made it to page 14. 14 pages of stoked-out surfers trying out a new design for free isn't a bad thing for surfing.

What Ringmaster and Faniel said was spot on. Well written fellas.

Buffy, we all know you love the spotlight. Now's your chance to shut us all up. Ball's in your court.

betty boop
regular

Post by betty boop » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:22 am

Oldman, check your PM for an aquabat handover.

Or Jet01 can have it.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:36 am

rightbrainpositive wrote: made it to page 14. 14 pages ....
and the rest to come ... at some stage I'm expecting Mr Pridmore to pains-takingly transfer all the diary entries into this post so we can read everyones Bat experience ... you are going to do that aren't you ... :?:

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:42 am

rightbrainpositive wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:Is this the Realsurf's most boring thread ever?

An insomniac's dream.
Couldn't have been too boring if you made it to page 14. 14 pages of stoked-out surfers trying out a new design for free isn't a bad thing for surfing.

What Ringmaster and Faniel said was spot on. Well written fellas.

Buffy, we all know you love the spotlight. Now's your chance to shut us all up. Ball's in your court.
OK ok I was in a terribly bad mood and it was a shit thing to say so I do apologize. Ringmaster (still have trouble typing your name without laughing) I have never bignoted myself as a ripper (well maybe in jest) I surf pretty well , ride a MR twinney and I would like for the very first time to post a shot of me surfing even though I have been on the Bali shots on RS once or twice. So I'll do it soon. Have actually never posted a photo of anything on here yet.......kinda too busy to bother but anyway RMaster you havent been the most humble when it comes to saying where and how perfect you got this break etc etc blah blah.......and you sounded serious no humility or jest mate.

I actually would like to try and surf on one of those fatbat boards whatever....... had a 5'9" lazorzap mccoy when i was younger and rode it at solid margaret river .....it was a ridiculous board for the conditions but interesting to ride.

Again I'm sorry.....shit thing to say.....even buff_brad can make a mistake or three occasionally and yeah I'll try not to be so negative in the future guys.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:16 am

iggy wrote:TMC...
what the f**k happened ? :lol:
all that cash for a private school education and that was the result :?: :)
your olds should demand a refund, tmc... :lol:

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:33 pm

Ringmaster wrote:

Make us all get down on our collective knees and pay homage to the hottest surfer on Realsurf 8)

............BUFF BRAD :P :P :P
He just wished it was KK coming to a beach near you, he'd be in for sure then....you know cause he'd love to ride KK :shock:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:45 pm

salty wrote:Old man... happy to come and shoot you at ze Bra when you get the Bat. Would have to be a late arvo session (i.e. after work).
Sounds good salty.

Picking up either Tuesday night or Thursday during the day.

Have a mate who would like to have a go so Thursday arvo sounds like a good idea, subject to conditions.

I have a slim bat custom which you're welcome to have a go at.
kyles wrote:^^ Let me know if you do, i'll come meet up with you guys (as long as its after thursday... cause then i'll be free free free!)
Come on down, come one, come all.

Friday free during the day usually so maybe you can get yourself down to the 'bra and try your luck.

Anyone else interested in meeting up on Thursday or Friday next week, just post it here and we'll make a time. I'll provide more details later.