the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

i want ride the fat bat

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm

yes....pick me pick me
75%
i don't find kk that attractive
25%

Total votes: 20

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:10 pm

it was supposed to be put on courier Wednesday and arrive today...dunno why it hasnt, he is having probs buying a new business , I dunno where it is , hope it arrives soon, maybe we have to call fastway to see but prob need a number for the item ??? sorry Ben, never meant to be a stressful experience and cant see how it was this hard myself ???? thanks for arranging guys to test the board and sorry it didnt happen...cheers

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Could surfers please send any pics and info on the board and their sessions thru to me fairly quickly so I can post the updates, its takin too long to do my updates and I wanna keep them fairly regular for everyone to see where its at ???? Few dramas with the latest hand on but hopefully once in Sydney it should be easy to pass around especially with alot of surfers in that area....cheers

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:46 pm

we found it. Its sitting in the courier depot at Tuggerah, not being surfed and waiting for a week for 'Slowly' to get back and pick it up...then he will be getting it down to the Northern Beaches the following weekend....the first hick up, and wont be the last no doubt...The Manly Daily want to do a story so will need someone to chat with them and get a pic or 2 with the board, any volunteers ???

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:40 pm

Well done Mark. Perhaps you should have put a gps in it so we could all follow its progress around the coast then the globe.

Got my bat ding repaired and looking for the next opportunity. Will post effusive praise etc etc at an appropriate juncture, in the fullness of time.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Slowly is delivering it to Sydney next weekend. Butts may need a few guys to ride the board while he takes some pics, volunteers please ???

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:02 pm

Any chance of getting a ride on it when its passing through the south coast?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Yeah, for sure, just send me a PM with your details , but it could be around Sydney town for a while....good to have you onboard..can check out updates on my site as well as some stuff here, MORE pics on my site...

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:42 pm

pridmore wrote:Slowly is delivering it to Sydney next weekend. Butts may need a few guys to ride the board while he takes some pics, volunteers please ???
maybe on sunday?
i have a comp on sat but im sure it would float me :lol:

lessormore
barnacle

Pacific Sojourn

Post by lessormore » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:48 am

I'll be heading "Somewhere' in the Pacific in the second week of September and am looking for an extra board for the quiver.Does the fat bat speak French-if so it is more than welcome to tag along.

lessormore
barnacle

Private Messages

Post by lessormore » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:03 pm

Can someone please explain how the Realsurf P.M. system works-I've sent a few messages to people and they seem to stay in my outbox for ages,leaving me with not knowing if they have been sent or received by the recipient.
Thanks in advance.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Private Messages

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:45 pm

lessormore wrote:Can someone please explain how the Realsurf P.M. system works-I've sent a few messages to people and they seem to stay in my outbox for ages,leaving me with not knowing if they have been sent or received by the recipient.
Thanks in advance.
I had this problem,too. It works by staying in your outbox until the recipient becomes aware (either by e-mail from realsurf if they've signed up for it) or seeing at the top of the page when they sign in that they have a message waiting. When they accept it, it moves into your "sent" box.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:37 pm

The AquaBat speakes French and would love to go with you ...as for the messages staying in the outbox, it does this all the time lately and takes way toooo long, they need to fix it....I have one in my outbox from 22nd July ....Keep in touch about the dates to get a hold of the board...

Butts

Re: Private Messages

Post by Butts » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:18 am

lessormore wrote:Can someone please explain how the Realsurf P.M. system works-I've sent a few messages to people and they seem to stay in my outbox for ages,leaving me with not knowing if they have been sent or received by the recipient.
Thanks in advance.
Guys,
PM works like this, you compose and send it to someone!!
It REMAINS in your OUTBOX UNTIL the person you sent it to LOOKS at it!!
If they don't LOOK at it, then it will REMAIN in your outbox! :wink:

Some people DON'T like getting PM's, others don't know they have one :shock:

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:05 am

Righto..I'm getting back to NSW this Tuesday (12th) I will organise to pick up the board and have a burl on it.
I am planning to move it on down to Sydney this weekend..Mark is it still going to RV?
Maybe if people are keen (and there is some swell) a few could meet up on the Sat morning somewhere central (DeeWhy/Longy) and have a few photos and waves with the Bat.
I am a little scared of organising this after reading the epic real surf BBQ saga. Let me know if anyone is keen..and also has a camera.
Cheers Ben

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:57 pm

slowy wrote:Righto..I'm getting back to NSW this Tuesday (12th) I will organise to pick up the board and have a burl on it.
I am planning to move it on down to Sydney this weekend..Mark is it still going to RV?
Maybe if people are keen (and there is some swell) a few could meet up on the Sat morning somewhere central (DeeWhy/Longy) and have a few photos and waves with the Bat.
I am a little scared of organising this after reading the epic real surf BBQ saga. Let me know if anyone is keen..and also has a camera.
Cheers Ben
contact RV and Butts , I have e-mailed them and they are expecting the AquaBat soon...hope you score some nice conditions for some pics...

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:49 pm

Its been dinged by scumbag couriers from 'Fastway', they take no responsibilty for damage to boards...Slowly is fixing it up so its still on track for Sydney this weekend...The cover has been damaged too...may need a new one, waiting for damage report from 'Slowly' oh well, something to read about when the journey is finished...It looks like its heading over to some pacific island reef waves in September with lessorMORE , should be interesting to see the pics and hear the feedback...

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:52 am

The Bat has been [b]wounded [/b]as Mark said, but no that badly...chunked tail and a crack accross the mid line of the tail. But the good news is that the ding has been fixed, I put glass into both coats so it would be nice and strong for the rest of it's journey.
Finished sanding this morning so keen for a wave after work today, only small which may suit the Bat.
Will post some photos soon on Marks site.
Still on track to get the board down Sydney this Sat..pity as just realised I have boardriders this Sun.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:36 pm

slowy wrote:Still on track to get the board down Sydney this Sat..pity as just realised I have boardriders this Sun.
Slowy, don’t hurry on my behalf, MrsV is in hospital and may not be out till next week.