the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

i want ride the fat bat

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm

yes....pick me pick me
75%
i don't find kk that attractive
25%

Total votes: 20

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:54 pm

news ltd suxs
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:11 am, edited 15 times in total.

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:44 am

some nice looking waves there,
it'll be good to hear more about the sessions had on it

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:22 am

news ltd suxs
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:34 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:
Jimi wrote:some nice looking waves there,
nah mate....nothin see up here...flat 99% the year ( and packed out at the sight a ripple :wink: )

:lol: credit tig with photo
then it looks like you lucked into one of the 3.5 days of swell you get a year, with the fat bat no less 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:24 pm

Awesome stuff, waves look super fun, glad the boards being enjoyed....lets keep posting the pics and stories on this thread so it easier to follow ....

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:31 am

My board got revenge on Fong by dinging his shin ! :twisted:

You can tell I took that last pic, it has my signature crooked horizon.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:07 pm

TrevG has had the AquaBat for a few days and seems to have had some fun on it although compared to his 9'4" , it would have been quite an adjustment... He says he got a few at Moffs and the pics look like it was ok surf too. He will post a pic soon... Its off to my step-dad next up around Maroochydore again...He has been riding a few different shapes recently after getting off longboards about 18 months ago so looking forward to seeing what he thinks of it, and he will definitely tell me. MORE updates soon here as well as on my site...cheers

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Here's the Aquabat at Moffat's. As you can see, never any surf up here. I had fun learning the ropes on something totally different from my normal boards. Many thanks Mark and I'll watch the Aquabat's progress with interest.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:33 am

^^^^

Is it just me or does the term AquaBat refer to the act of performing underwater masturbation on ones self?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:42 am

Hatchman wrote:^^^^

Is it just me or does the term AquaBat refer to the act of performing underwater masturbation on ones self?
Wait your turn Hatcher :lol:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:26 am

another update coming soon, its still on the Sunny Coast and waiting for someone to send info thru...Can surfers please write in the travel diary thats in the board cover pocket ? Only 1 out of 4 has written any comments, would really help when tracing the boards journey and could be great reading at the end....hope you guys will take the time please ?????cheers

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:13 pm

news ltd suxs
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:45 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
Hatchman wrote:^^^^

only priddty can answer that :shock: and given he goes the broncos...well there supporters toss off anywhere, most the time......so who knows wat he was thinkin

anyways....didn't take us long re-name it

so where is old fat bat now....i kinda miss her :?

Cmon mate, the rabbito's win 3 in a row and they are carrying on like its some kind of record, wait it probably is.sorry mate,. I actually go for whatever team has the most Queenslanders in it...cant wait for Wednesday night...The AquaBat is on the Goldy and is being surfed by my step-dad and I am going to head up there Wednesday and have a few sessions on it before contacting Scot to pass it on, then Jorgo after him...then south to ???? need someone around Kingscliffe or Byron area ????, if not then down to Yamba, got a few guys here that are keen to try it out ....new update about Thursday...cheers

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:56 pm

I surfed the AquaBat at D-Bah 2 days ago, the waves were tiny and very bad but the board went well in the ordinary conditions. The area and volume allowed me to get lots of waves and it was much faster than I had expected...I ended surfing for an hour and a half because I really was enjoying the benefits of the board, definitely couldnt have surfed those waves on my shorty...Next day I surfed tiny but perfect Greenmount with my 9 year old son, he got heaps of waves and was flying thru the fast little sections, I had a few waves too, and again the board allowed me to surf and enjoy the waves that I wouldnt usually be able to surf...I have some pics and an update on my web-site soon. Scot has now got the board and will have it for a week or so, then Jorgo is next in line....

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:02 pm

I reckon the Fatter is a just a big blue breeding ground for Tinea.... :lol:

No really, its a great idea. :D

scot
regular

Post by scot » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:16 am

I have had the bat for nearly a week now and passed the aqua bat onto the next test pilot this morning.
Its definitely a fun board to ride.
I surfed it out at snapper a few times in knee to shoulder high waves.
The board is fast and easy to turn.
On some cutbacks it felt like the board came around faster than a thruster (less drag) but lacked a bit of drive when it came to coming off the whitewash at the end of the cutty.
No real negatives except it was a little to big for me.

anyway here is proof its still in one piece, just before the handover. the only pic i managed to get.

scot

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:33 pm

Cool idea. Hopefully it gets around to SA :shock:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:45 pm

It'll get there if we can arrange it , just need to get the transport sorted, see what we can do ...???