surfing in mexico

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

mr vic
regular

surfing in mexico

Post by mr vic » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:14 pm

im heading to mexico in a couple of days with my girlfriend for 2 months. im trying to decide whether to take my board with me or if it would be easier to buy one there? The reason for this is because ill be spending a few weeks on the caribean(spelt wrong i know) side when its not surf season there and a bit of time in the mountains in guetemala. Just want to know how easy or hard it is to find boards to buy in mexico and what are good areas to look in? if anyone has been or knows anything, please let me know. cheers

emerald snake

Post by emerald snake » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:11 am

the best place to get boards is obviously at puerto. but they are mostly just repaired snapped ones. and they are pretty pricey. mexicans are ****.

there are some good ones in el salvador. nothing in guatemala. getting boards through this area is pretty easy if you have patience.

take your boards if u ask me. i was stoked and relieved that i did. plenty of good uncrowded waves.

zander2nd
regular

Post by zander2nd » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:21 pm

im mgoing to puerto soon as well. mexico seems like a crazy place. should be fun. as for boards. im not going to lug a board around mexico for 2 weeks... only in puerto for a few days. hope its on..
x