What's the longest wave you've ever ridden?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:09 pm

Cresent head.

Got one at dee why through to the clubhouse, thats pretty long

but not as long as cresent head.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:19 pm

Crescent head (again)i got excuse considering my proximity :lol: .
from out the back( best bit whole wave :idea: )

way....way down past the surf club......sore legs still just thinkin about it :P

P.s i love long waves.....anyone surf a certain left in peru :?:

special_k
regular

Post by special_k » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:21 pm

Chicama in Peru. Was on a wave for 1min 58sec (some American chick timed me - no I didn't root her because I'm gay right Sausage - yeah right and you have that huge cock of yours). It was dead low tide and only four foot. If it's 6-8ft or bigger some local guy told me you can nearly double that. And amazingly it was pretty sucky and fast the whole way. :shock:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:27 pm

special_k wrote:Chicama :
THATS THE ONE :!: ....mates got amazing vidio footage off it...drool...droll :P :arrow:

CHICAMA
The world's longest wave?

*Editor's note: Peruvian surf photographer Gonzalo Barandiaran is not a local at Chicama, but he's been up there a bunch and just recently scored a solid swell at arguably Peru's most famous wave. What follows is more a travel guide than travelogue, but hey -- anything that gets you off the couch.

HOW LONG IS LONG?
Nobody has made an exact measure of Chicama's length, but think about this for a second: the wave peels perfectly for more than a mile. That's 1.6 kilometers, for you metric-inclined folks, and super long for those who don't like numbers. If you use your watch's chronometer when the wave begins to break at the point and you start counting, by the time the wave reaches the pier and the ride ends, three minutes have passed. Three minutes. Whether you prefer to ride one wave at Chicama from the point to the pier or to spend three hours to get thirty 6-second rides at your local beachbreak -- both having the same net surfing time -- is not really the topic of this article.

Chicama is one of the very few places where your legs are more important than your arms. This is a typical comment made by surfers that have surfed Chicama on a good swell. When you finish riding your first wave and your legs are about to collapse, you have to walk back to the point against the strong offshore winds for about 15 minutes -- don't think about paddling one mile against the current.#

# vortexed from some random surf site :roll:

p.s hey specially gay.....is it a big drama too travel too :?: :idea:

p.p.s i'm calling my nth coast special...800mtres :arrow: indo....HA NOTHIN ON CREASENT #:roll: (# de- notes heavy sarcasm)
Last edited by mustkillmulloway on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:29 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:Crescent head (again)i got excuse considering my proximity :lol: .
from out the back( best bit whole wave :idea: )

way....way down past the surf club......sore legs still just thinkin about it :P
Get your own wave blow in!

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:58 pm

Got some long rides at One Palm recently. One wave was around 45secs. We timed one BARREL out there for 1min and 9sec! I got a 10 sec tube. 8)
This NZ guy said that he saw a guy get one from the peak to a spot called Manginas (Man pussy) for 2 mins. Getting barrelled, coming out and barrelled again the whole way.

Oh and i rode one wave out Doughnuts for a while on the way in. Pumping on the white wash for over a minute, but that doesnt count. Technically it does, sooooo..

Bodyboarder-sicne-1989
Local
Location: any of the heavy NSW reefs, depends where the swell hits. shark island/southern reefs mostly

Post by Bodyboarder-sicne-1989 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:05 pm

sandon point in a ten foot ese swell in the late 90's right through to the beach at macca,s

Butts

Post by Butts » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:32 pm

Bodyboarder-sicne-1989 wrote:sandon point in a ten foot ese swell in the late 90's right through to the beach at macca,s
bb89, now thats a fair way :shock: 8)

Nothing long enough to compete with you guys :cry: :arrow: :P
Hey, first day back in the surf after breaking my thumb :shock:
Tested out my brace, works a treat. Back in the surf again, yipee :lol:
Rev, DY to clubhouse, that don't happen too often :o 8)

crack
regular

Post by crack » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:37 pm

Box head the whole gutless length of it

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:38 pm

Butts wrote:
Bodyboarder-sicne-1989 wrote:sandon point in a ten foot ese swell in the late 90's right through to the beach at macca,s
bb89, now thats a fair way :shock: 8)

Nothing long enough to compete with you guys :cry: :arrow: :P
Hey, first day back in the surf after breaking my thumb :shock:
Tested out my brace, works a treat. Back in the surf again, yipee :lol:
Rev, DY to clubhouse, that don't happen too often :o 8)
i did DY to clubhouse a few times on ANZAC day.
nothing compared to raglan :P :lol:

jose
Grommet

Post by jose » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:03 pm

^^Raglan for sure, i ate a kebab once
before an afternoon
session burped teh whole way back out thinking "one more one more" :oops:

Sarge
regular

Post by Sarge » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:30 pm

Blacknose, SW Vicco. Anyone who has surfed it will know what i'm talking about.

bookster
barnacle

Post by bookster » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:39 pm

the pass, when the sand is in.... have got waves from the takeoff rock, past spectators all the way down towards clarks.... :)

yoshi10
Grommet

Post by yoshi10 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:46 pm

almost 10 minutes.....
on kelly slaters ps2.
ahhhhhhhhha

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 pm

Butts wrote:Rev, DY to clubhouse, that don't happen too often :o 8)
Started at 1st rock, got barreled and another section (i swear when heading down the road ll to the beach i thought i was at superwank :shock: ) i went for, road the foamball, came through carved down and saw the wave creating another sexy wall 8) bank was reeeaaaalll nice :D and i couldnt be fucked pulling off and paddling back out :lol:

On that day when turning up to DY i saw one wave a guy got out at 1st, came through got one of the sickest floaters to barrels and longest barrels ive ever seen out at DY. i thought i was at superwank :shock: sunny blue sky, barreling and a crowd to match :shock:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:32 pm

Two offerings.
1/ The Alley at Currumbin from outside the rock to about 5th Av. Palm Beach. That's a looonng walk back (to the creek and then paddle). Only caught one wave that day.
2/ Pre Superbank (read 1964/5) from outside the point to about halfway between Greenmount and Kirra. You could squeeze in 2 or maybe 3 waves after school but the last walk back to your pushie at the Porpoise Pool was in the dark

clinker
Grommet

Post by clinker » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:55 pm

boiling pot at noosa heads all the way through johnsons to the middle close out section at first point.
it was during the big floods in 1974

radiator
Grommet

Post by radiator » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:08 am

Sarge wrote:Blacknose, SW Vicco. Anyone who has surfed it will know what i'm talking about.
have once. locals are cnuts , all for good reasons tho when that waves on its fukn on