New Board

Tribal discussion for shortboarders

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Mike Hunt

New Board

Post by Mike Hunt » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi,
Just came over from Perth and was wondering what's the best shaping company on the northern beaches you could refer me to for having a custom board made, and one who stands by his work? Last one I had snapped inside a month so I felt ripped off when they wouldn't replace it.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi Mike. How's ya brother Yorrick going.

I'd check out a Chili in Mona Vale if I was you. I've had a couple and been very happy.

Aloha in Manly will sort you out with a fine board as well. Good blokes to boot.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:19 pm

Ringmaster wrote:I'll back up Iggy on his suggestion.............

Just got a shiny new 6'6" Simon Anderson rounded pin for good 5 -6 foot reef waves down here on the Vicco West coast. It's, like, fully sick man!

Nah, seriously, I'm bloody happy with it. Enough to forego the local shaper I normally get my boards off due to sh#t glass jobs of late.

Good to see you're responding to our advice my cnut. There's a Simon Supermarket on the beachfront here in Manlee unless ya didn't know. You could probably get some milk and groceries while ya there.

Mike Hunt

Post by Mike Hunt » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:56 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. Simon is no relation to Drew I take it? Someone mentioned a place at Dee Why as well but cant remember the name, Kaos maybe?

Mike Hunt

Post by Mike Hunt » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:03 am

Thanks guys! Paid the deposit but will take 4 weeks.

Mike Hunt

Post by Mike Hunt » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:23 am

Hi,
Looks like the board will be ready sooner than I was told. Hopefully not made of chocolate as I'm hoping for Thursday or Tuesday. Is $180 extra reasonable for a spray job that covers most of the deck?
Thanks,
Mic

Slowman
regular

Post by Slowman » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:08 am

Mike Hunt wrote:Hi,
Looks like the board will be ready sooner than I was told. Hopefully not made of chocolate as I'm hoping for Thursday or Tuesday. Is $180 extra reasonable for a spray job that covers most of the deck?
Thanks,
Mic
I think that's a question we've all asked ourselves :lol: for some yes, for some yechhhh, NO

Mike Hunt

Post by Mike Hunt » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:35 am

Thanks for the tips everyone. Yes had to pay extra for the paintwork. Picked up the board and tested it. It goes really well but unfortunately waves have resembled Perth after work so far. Am yet to decide on one particular beach so I'm just drviving until I see something I like on that particular day. Friends suggested Cooks Terrace as I can almost see it from my place, but haven't surfed it so far.