Liddle Hulls

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Ninenorth78W
Grommet

Post by Ninenorth78W » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:47 am

is that DVS hull s-decked? The fin, plenty flexible? i'm thinking yr gonna wanna move that fin up a bit. advice given to me was: starting trailing edge 12" from tail, adjust in 1/2" increments up to about 14". There's some good info on Sways on this, just search for "Hull fin tuning". sweet-looking board. would love to see a profile shot.

offshore - i surf the pacific far more, but the atlantic side is only about an hour drive away too. the lat/lon was just a rought coord that i knew was here. ( maybe coords to a secret break? 8) )

hamish
regular

Liddle Hulls

Post by hamish » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:54 am

Indeed 9nth the fin will be going right up. I think ben@six ounce just put it there to show me in the pics. and yep it's v flex. Dick took the template off a board that alex kopps brought out with him and think it has much of slight S but is very foiled at front and back. will take up the placement advice

Ninenorth78W
Grommet

Post by Ninenorth78W » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:52 am

That's pretty slick - an Aussie hull... and by DVS, no less.

Alex Copps - one of the "Gothic Dolphins" ... still ain't fig'd that name out... but good hull lore.

SIX OUNCE surfshop -- if i ever get to Oz, i'm gonna hit 6oz before i do anything else. seen their selection of boards online. insane.

alla best.

Ninenorth78W
Grommet

Post by Ninenorth78W » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:08 am

Wayback -- hows it goin with that Inbetweener? how you like?

i've had my PBer out in some decent points now -- getting the hangin of pullin her back around. i find she's more versatile that most peeps would expect.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Re: Liddle Hulls

Post by Morgan The Moon » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:44 pm

14 years on, and Liddle Surfboards have a rep in Oz - Mike Saggus from Surf Empire. I've got an order in for a Liddle Bojorquez. I've ridden a Ryan Lovelace V-bowls variant, a gato heroi space pig and now it's a chance to ride as close to the real thing. Can't wait.

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:32 pm

What have you ordered mate? Death machine????
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:17 am

....but you will have to pronounce the name constantly, Bojorquez?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:18 pm

JaM71 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:32 pm
The model’s called a Bojorquez - a stretched out and less extreme Death Machine - less of an S deck and not such Bladey Rails. Told Mike Saggus from Surf Empire where I normally surf and he had a chat to Kirk Putnam about it, and that was the recommendation. Mikes easy to deal with, really knowledgeable, the templates are from the States, the glassing schedule is the same as the og, but it’s from the South Coast! And it’s cheaper than a CI mid.

He’d have recommended a DM for point waves.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Re:

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Ninenorth78W wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:52 am
That's pretty slick - an Aussie hull... and by DVS, no less.

Alex Copps - one of the "Gothic Dolphins" ... still ain't fig'd that name out... but good hull lore.

SIX OUNCE surfshop -- if i ever get to Oz, i'm gonna hit 6oz before i do anything else. seen their selection of boards online. insane.

alla best.
He missed his chance with that :wink:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:33 pm

Morgan The Moon wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:18 pm
JaM71 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:32 pm
The model’s called a Bojorquez - a stretched out and less extreme Death Machine - less of an S deck and not such Bladey Rails. Told Mike Saggus from Surf Empire where I normally surf and he had a chat to Kirk Putnam about it, and that was the recommendation. Mikes easy to deal with, really knowledgeable, the templates are from the States, the glassing schedule is the same as the og, but it’s from the South Coast! And it’s cheaper than a CI mid.

He’d have recommended a DM for point waves.
Nice, please let us know how it works when you get it
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

kayu
Local

Re:

Post by kayu » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:39 am

collnarra wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:48 am
I wonder why Liddle attaches the wet and dry, rather than having it done at the factory - thoughts anyone?

col
We did it to boards around late 70's a lot . Usually with 400 wet/dry to bottom and rails only . The logic was to retain the toughness of good hard shell gloss coat , which had plenty of time to harden up since lamination , and put "shark skin " texture on the board to decrease surface tension . It made quite a noticeable difference . Then Dave Byrne introduced that spray on stuff.

Frus

Post by Frus » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:32 pm

Rode liddles for 25 years,mainly between Rincon and Malibu. Best,fastest, most stylistic board on a peeling point.
Not so much at a beach or reef break.
Also can't handle bump.
If it's smooth and clean....wow

Frus

Post by Frus » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:49 pm

After you bought like five boards he used to give a discount at his shop in Agoura. First time, his shop was on Topanga blvd. Great guy.humble and funny. Refused to sell anything but surfboards and wetsuits in his shop.
Saw him at a surf movie once that was all wiggling and gyrating...he got up, turned his popcorn upside down, and walked out.

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Welcome Frus.