The Tulla Tub

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

User avatar
pinhead
barnacle
Posts: 2313
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by pinhead » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:57 am
I was invited to go to URBSRF's pool in Melbourne on Monday!

But I can't because I'll be in Hawaii. Sorry everyone you'll just have to wait for some future critical analysis.
I wonder if someone who is not a member of the surf industrial complex will ever be allowed to surf this place?
daryl wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:43 am
We were waiting to get a donkey until it killed someone

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8716
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by BA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:16 pm

Looks like you missed a bit of carnage Nick. Could be interesting for the average punter if it’s in beast mode.

https://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet- ... -tulla-tub
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:35 pm
Lol good for you BA.
Can I dry hump your numb patch?
Sniff wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:22 pm
Great. Now I'm imagining BA's majestic snow-capped erection, upon which scores of brave men have perished

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24225
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:50 am

pinhead wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:19 pm
Nick Carroll wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:57 am
I was invited to go to URBSRF's pool in Melbourne on Monday!

But I can't because I'll be in Hawaii. Sorry everyone you'll just have to wait for some future critical analysis.
I wonder if someone who is not a member of the surf industrial complex will ever be allowed to surf this place?
I have a friend who bought a year's membership and surfed it last Wednesday.

My friend is a successful tradie, a roofer who has a good business. Not many personal expenses so he likes to invest in his pleasures, which don't include the vices. He began surfing later in life and began snowboarding etc just a bit before that. He is trained in paying for things. He bought a membership straight up for $3600, reasoning he would be able to guarantee himself at least 80 waves a month thereby. He lives in Sydney so every time he uses this pool, he will have to buy an air ticket.

The Beast thing was a bit beyond him but he really enjoyed his day. I think though it was a bit unexpected in a few ways, like more daunting an experience than he expected. Pools are not quite what they seem.

Lil bro went with him to try it out and the lady in charge called him out for jumping the queue lol. A guy missed a wave and Tom jumped on it and the lady yelled out "Tom! Stay in line, don't take other waves!"

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23596
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:04 am

She called him Tom, so he couldn't even use the "Don t you know who I am"" line.
😖
#sixfeetissixfeet!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24225
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:29 am

well Tom would never do that.

But yeah it's just funny, a lady on the sidelines policing the situation.

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23596
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:29 am
well Tom would never do that.

But yeah it's just funny, a lady on the sidelines policing the situation.
It was a joke, Nick. 😀
#sixfeetissixfeet!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24225
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:57 am

yeah but I know Tom too well to feel it as a joke, like it doesn't give me that sense of incongruity you need in order to feel a joke

what would have been funny is if he'd got out of the pool, apologised, and offered to lead her in a meditation session

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8716
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by BA » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:59 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:50 am
Lil bro went with him to try it out and the lady in charge called him out for jumping the queue lol. A guy missed a wave and Tom jumped on it and the lady yelled out "Tom! Stay in line, don't take other waves!"
:lol: reckon this might happen a bit.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:35 pm
Lol good for you BA.
Can I dry hump your numb patch?
Sniff wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:22 pm
Great. Now I'm imagining BA's majestic snow-capped erection, upon which scores of brave men have perished

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23596
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:03 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:57 am
yeah but I know Tom too well to feel it as a joke, like it doesn't give me that sense of incongruity you need in order to feel a joke

what would have been funny is if he'd got out of the pool, apologised, and offered to lead her in a meditation session
Nice of you to stick up for your lil bro.
I don't know the man but his public image certainly doesn't suggest he'd ever do that.
My apologies.

I wish I could feel as supportive of my brother.
#sixfeetissixfeet!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24225
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:13 am

ha ha we're with each other to the death

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 16575
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Drailed » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:50 am
pinhead wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:19 pm
Nick Carroll wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:57 am
I was invited to go to URBSRF's pool in Melbourne on Monday!

But I can't because I'll be in Hawaii. Sorry everyone you'll just have to wait for some future critical analysis.
I wonder if someone who is not a member of the surf industrial complex will ever be allowed to surf this place?
I have a friend who bought a year's membership and surfed it last Wednesday.

My friend is a successful tradie, a roofer who has a good business. Not many personal expenses so he likes to invest in his pleasures, which don't include the vices. He began surfing later in life and began snowboarding etc just a bit before that. He is trained in paying for things. He bought a membership straight up for $3600, reasoning he would be able to guarantee himself at least 80 waves a month thereby. He lives in Sydney so every time he uses this pool, he will have to buy an air ticket.

The Beast thing was a bit beyond him but he really enjoyed his day. I think though it was a bit unexpected in a few ways, like more daunting an experience than he expected. Pools are not quite what they seem.

Lil bro went with him to try it out and the lady in charge called him out for jumping the queue lol. A guy missed a wave and Tom jumped on it and the lady yelled out "Tom! Stay in line, don't take other waves!"
So he lives in Sydney and bought himself a membership. Who could be fcccked... well obviously him but still.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 41582
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Beanpole » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:12 am

Read Derek's spray. Two head injuries including a possible mild concussion?

User avatar
pinhead
barnacle
Posts: 2313
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by pinhead » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:38 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:12 am
Read Derek's spray. Two head injuries including a possible mild concussion?
Disrespecting the Tulla locals?
daryl wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:43 am
We were waiting to get a donkey until it killed someone

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8716
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by BA » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Seen some interesting amateur footage. Looks really crowded in the takeoff area with a full crew out. Waves look a lot more warbly too than all the promo stuff.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:35 pm
Lol good for you BA.
Can I dry hump your numb patch?
Sniff wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:22 pm
Great. Now I'm imagining BA's majestic snow-capped erection, upon which scores of brave men have perished

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 15058
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:19 pm

I'm going for sure next year
Erase.

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 15058
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:20 pm

on a alaia
Erase.

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 41582
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by Beanpole » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:28 am

Shouldn't that be an alaia?

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 15058
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: The Tulla Tub

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:49 am

No. It really shouldn’t
Erase.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 31 guests