Startin to get used to my fish. Sweeeeet!

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Beerfan

Startin to get used to my fish. Sweeeeet!

Post by Beerfan » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:48 pm

I've had my homemade fish out about 6 or 7 times now. So far, its been a bit hit and miss, one wave i'd be in the sweet spot, the next, i was way off. But today, i had a great surf on it. Waves were only waist to chest high, but had a bit of shape and a bit of push to them. I find that when you stay up high, it absolutely flies!!. I also tried the "poo" stance on a few bottom turns. Felt good, and seemed to turn better. I also jumped on my 7'6'' minimal, i havent ridden it since i finished my fish, but i highlined and weaved first wave. Im stoked!!!!. Merry xmas people, and thanks ric for your advice!!!

[img][img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/ ... done-1.jpg[/img][/img]

max
Grommet

Post by max » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:51 pm

Think I saw her berthed down at White Bay recently...whats her gross tonnage? and how many vehicles can she carry?

Beerfan

fish

Post by Beerfan » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:32 am

Good one max, at 6'2'' x 16nx22widex22tx3'' thick, it could carry a few cars haha. Its more than a foot shorter than im used to, hence the full volume.

Salty, here's a pic of the fins, i dont have any of the other views yet.

[img][img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/ ... done-3.jpg[/img][/img]

Beerfan

fish

Post by Beerfan » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:47 pm

Nah mate the fins were put on as an early xmas pressie from my wife. Thanks mate!. My mate and i have shaped and glassed another 8'2'' egg, but it isnt finished yet, but the fish is much better looking than the egg!!!

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:44 pm

I'm sure I saw that board a few weeks back down at minno's (hellharbour)
yes :?:

Beerfan

fish

Post by Beerfan » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:44 am

Do you mean mystics?. I was there with it a few weeks ago at the camping area on the farm. The waves were not even ankle high :( .

north_jones

Post by north_jones » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:24 am

mate not last week but the week before i think i might have also seen this little machine out at mystics, down near the wedge

sean--
barnacle

Re: fish

Post by sean-- » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:00 pm

Beerfan wrote:Do you mean mystics?. I was there with it a few weeks ago at the camping area on the farm. The waves were not even ankle high :( .
Yeah either minno's or mystics. I thought I recognised that board looks pretty chunky. I was in the carpark getting the kids in the car when I spotted the board.The Farms pretty good today at around 5 feet or more with not too many out.